Treo / iPhone Miss List

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's been just over two weeks since I swapped out my Treo 680 for an iPhone.

What I miss: Ability to record video, DialByPhoto, ability to beam contacts/events

What I don't miss: hard keyboard, daily phone crashes, small screen, lack of useful Mac sync, lack of wi-fi

(I don't really miss 3rd party apps at this point since all I was basically using them for was GUI modernization (Gx5), and aping iPod video capabilities (pTunes, CorePlayer). In my experience, going back to the Treo 600, most apps were too buggy for me to use and I, inevitably, uninstalled them to improve stability -- we'll see if February's iPhone SDK is similar.)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I was never a huge memo user, a few lists, a couple PT programs, some writing ideas that would pop into my head. The biggest use I had was monthly Costco lists as notes on calendar events that I could beam to co-workers so as to split up shopping chores. So, that is part of what I miss about not being able to beam (though all but one of my coworkers have given up on Palm and gone to WinMob or even back to feature phones).

I haven't used Memos at all on iPhone. Now that Mail.app under Leopard supports them, I may look into them the same way I have just begun using To Do's -- as draft folders under IMAP I can access from any desktop or laptop, or iPhone, anywhere...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2