iPhone vs Touch vs N95 USABILITY Study

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I found this to be a very interesting article: Does iPhone Match the Hype?

This study really accentuates the strong points of the iPhone as well as its target market. It also points out certain short comings of WM and why it is still a "techie" OS, IMO.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Nothing new though. But it's worth saying again and again in hopes Microsoft and Palm pick up on it. Simplify it.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Good article Bubba - nice to see a scientific assessment of something so "soft" as usability. However, I believe the test is incorrectly termed a "usability test." There's a lot of literature in the industry regarding usability, but this Wikipedia entry is a good primer. The test performed by Perceptive Sciences focused almost exclusively on the easier to learn aspects of the devices while ignoring other usability aspects such as utility, task support, extensibility, etc. We can definitely conclude the iPhone has a better "learnability" score than the other two phones, but it seemed like the test was stopped in the middle as the usability topics shifted from "learnability" to other usability factors. I guess that's the problem with subjective testing...it ends up being...subjective. ;)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
yes...

Pick up and usability, iPhone wins.

Not surprising at all.

I for one am waiting to see how the Touch does with the PCM keyboard.

I like the N95 GPS and camera, but it's a bit of chunk o' funk.

However, it could replace my camera and gps I tote around.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2