I found this to be a very interesting article: Does iPhone Match the Hype?

This study really accentuates the strong points of the iPhone as well as its target market. It also points out certain short comings of WM and why it is still a "techie" OS, IMO.
    09-21-2007 01:48 PM
    Nothing new though. But it's worth saying again and again in hopes Microsoft and Palm pick up on it. Simplify it.
    09-21-2007 02:53 PM
    Good article Bubba - nice to see a scientific assessment of something so "soft" as usability. However, I believe the test is incorrectly termed a "usability test." There's a lot of literature in the industry regarding usability, but this Wikipedia entry is a good primer. The test performed by Perceptive Sciences focused almost exclusively on the easier to learn aspects of the devices while ignoring other usability aspects such as utility, task support, extensibility, etc. We can definitely conclude the iPhone has a better "learnability" score than the other two phones, but it seemed like the test was stopped in the middle as the usability topics shifted from "learnability" to other usability factors. I guess that's the problem with subjective testing...it ends up being...subjective.
    09-21-2007 02:55 PM
    Kupe - that's exactly what I expected from you!

Personally, I am waiting on the Q9c to hit Sprint!
    09-21-2007 03:23 PM
    Kupe - that's exactly what I expected from you!
    Who knew I was so predictable? Hope I'm not being stalked!!
    09-21-2007 09:43 PM
    Pick up and usability, iPhone wins.

Not surprising at all.

I for one am waiting to see how the Touch does with the PCM keyboard.

I like the N95 GPS and camera, but it's a bit of chunk o' funk.

However, it could replace my camera and gps I tote around.
    09-23-2007 03:06 PM
    Isn't this also the one where just 10 users made up the testing group? Even for qualitative research, that's pretty small ...
    09-24-2007 02:26 AM
    THey could only find 10 people who hadn't already formed an opinion.
    09-24-2007 11:35 AM
    THey could only find 10 people who hadn't already formed an opinion.
    LOL - yup, and those 10 lied about it ...
    09-24-2007 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD