Anyone thinking about switching back to their old phone?

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
Any switching back to their old phone after switching over to the iPhone?

I have to admit I may. I LOVE my iPhone for what it does: email that works, superb Safari browser and iPod. Makes my life easier than lugging my Video iPod and cell phone around. But that is where it ends.

I've used Treo's since version 300 and I REALLY miss these features from my old Treo(s):
- search
- SplashID or any good non-web based password software
- copy and paste

With the new iPod lineup, anyone thinking about going back to their old cell phone and buying a Nano or iPod Touch to fill the multimedia void?

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
The only thing im missing is a password storage app. No way would i switch back to my 650 at this point. I can get a usb thumb drive with hardware password if Apple doesn't add this kind of app soon. I think we may see it though, Apple already has their "keychain" software that should be easily ported to the iPhone.

jay_man2

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I've been a Palm user from the beginning, and had a Treo 600, 650, and 700p on Sprint. I've figured out how to do PDA stuff that's important to me on the iPhone, and the iPhone is MUCH better at being a phone than any Treo. Sorry Palm, but your run is done.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
well, given my preference for extreme pocketability with a business device, i'll stick with carrying my Pearl Mon-Fri and enjoy my iPhone during off hours. nothing beats it when you want to watch the latest TV episode, video or surf the net while on the go (or waiting in line somewhere) and actually get to see what you would on the likes of your home pc. the images are that clear, bright and colorful, and the size of the screen makes all the difference in the world.

ScandaLeX

Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
My problem is not about switching back, but moving over.

My Mogul is almost 2 months old and I am completely bored with it. My 700p (no MR) and PPC-6700 are sitting in a drawer.

I have been thinking hard about getting the iPhone, and then Jobbie Job compounded my thought process with the iPod Touch.

I have a terrific plan with Sprint and thats basically the only thing that been holding me back.

I currently carry the Mogul and an 80G iPod everywhere I go. I'd really like to have just one device but I guess I just havent found The One that would complete me.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
i'll stick with carrying my Pearl Mon-Fri and enjoy my iPhone during off hours.
Interesting combo. I use the iPhone Sun-Thurs, but generally switch over to my Pantech C3b for the weekend. I get a little scared for my iPhone when i'll be spending time in bars, and generally being drunk.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
^ very funny, and very true. the only reason i don't carry the iPhone 24/7 is that my business email needs are only met by either a BES or Goodlink. but believe me, the enjoyment that i get out of using the iPhone is like no other cell device that i've owned. i'm sure you understand what i mean.

electroman

Jun 12, 2007
Visit site
I am looking to change from my 680 to the iPhone next week. It won't be as painful as I had originally thought. I haven't experienced the frequent resets that some have discussed before. But, after getting to use the iPhone for a little while, I found that I am more impressed with the overall device. I used to think that I would prefer the touch screens and document editing. But, I have come to realize that I don't do it now, so reading is just fine. I was impressed with Safari and with the death of Foleo, I am ready to make the move. Glad to see that others are satisfied with their switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro