iPhone users crying for refunds already..

pump142

Jul 13, 2004
Visit site
they had their ipohones for 10 weeks and it got a price cut, I'd be unhappy too but thats the price you pay for early adoption.
We've all been paying price premiums here for years unless we can swing a deal.
Imagine how pissed they would be if they paid the price and it did not perform like it was supposed to? ARE YOU LISTENING PALM?

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Well, they're getting $100 store credit, which is not exactly $100 back, but it is certainly better than nothing. At least they responded rather quickly, so good for them.

Though it still sounds like the obvious: they could have launched the iPhone at $399, sold like crazy and kept everyone happy. It's like their fixing their price gouging.

cinealta

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
True, not cash back. I'm sure that would be an accounting nightmare for Apple (book sales in one quarter and take a charge the next).

As you say, it's better than nothing, especially with memory & component prices dropping daily.

waldo15

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Heck, they got $100 credit... certainly better than nothing.

We Palm customers voice our concerns about buggy devices and what do we get? Buggy devices, botches MRs (think 700p) and Palm saying that we are power users and as such, we demand just too much out of our devices...

zelgo#IM

Feb 20, 2005
Visit site
iPhone isn't an overhyped product--it's a pretty incredible machine. Getting the full internet is WAY better than dealing with the mobile internet of the Treo.

Plus, it's thin and has wifi. I bet the next version will have high-speed internet like 3G or EVDO--at that point it will be utterly unbeatable. I woudl throw my Treo away in a second if the iPhone were part of a high speed network. in time, it will be.

The fact that they responded so quickly to the complaints for refunds doesn't mean they planned it--it shows that Apple is a company that actually responds to its consumers--and fast!

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
iPwned - all Stevie J did is ensure that (a) you don't get back the $200 that everyone else will now save -after all the phone isn't worth more than $399 is it? (b) HE keeps ALL your money, anyway you look at it, rather than you go and spend that $100 at some other store like amazon. I only feel for the iPhone buyers who DON'T use iTunes etc - they got the real end of that stick!

RickMG

Jun 8, 2005
galleries.cigarweekly.com
Hey, I paid $399 for my 755 with a $100 rebate which I haven't even received yet (bought on May 14th). I did receive an email last week from Sprint that the rebate has been approved. Sprint lowered the price of it by $100 just about two months in so it's only $199 now without a rebate. So how many of us lost $100 in almost as short of time frame as iphone buyers. Apple is also giving back the full $200 (refund) to anyone who has bought in the last 14 days or a complete refund if they want to return the phone

cinealta

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Really, name one similar product that received more hype :eek:

1) David Beckham coming to America
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

both received, just as much, publicity as the iPhone, IMO. I don't think the iPhone was overly hyped, based on its capabilities & innovation.

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
iPhone isn't an overhyped product--it's a pretty incredible machine. Getting the full internet....

In what way can you justify use of the word "full"? It may be "more" or "better" (though as you imply, certainly not "quicker"!) than other products, but "full"? Please!

That's as dumb as "instant on". :eek:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
1) David Beckham coming to America
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

both received, just as much, publicity as the iPhone, IMO. I don't think the iPhone was overly hyped, based on its capabilities & innovation.

funny...they're both English products :)

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
as for the $100 offer i think that what Apple did was the right thing to do by their customers regardless if it was "planned" (as someone mentioned) or not. i think it was to safeguard their goodwill or at least help remedy what goodwill they may have lost/suffered in the recent iPhone $200 price cut. what they did was right and so many companies wished they could do the same (Palm is one that couldn't).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2