Well that must suck a wee bit for you early adopters, but THIS is more the price range I'm comfy with

Apple Keynote on iPhone

Also got the standard pay-to-play ringtones coming in:

ringtones for 99c plus song
    09-05-2007 02:32 PM
    Well that must suck a wee bit for you early adopters, but THIS is more the price range I'm comfy with

Apple Keynote on iPhone

3 things

1) They have not sold a million yet, which means there was a massive slow down after the launch.
    2) Why are they lowering the price if its still selling well?
    3) I am getting an iPod Touch - it looks lovely!!

Surur
    09-05-2007 02:40 PM
    1,2). $400 is way better than $600. I do think they should have sold the remaining 4GBs for $300 and gotten even MORE people!

I'm waiting for Apple to update their website with all the new info.

P.S. Found the 4GB under clearance at $300.
    09-05-2007 02:44 PM

Apple Keynote on iPhone

Yes it does suck. Both articles. I'm going to use the ringtone program offered on here.
    09-05-2007 02:47 PM
    3 things

1) They have not sold a million yet, which means there was a massive slow down after the launch.

Surur
    Yep the iPod Touch is lovely - exactly what I (and plenty ppl) wanted and the pricing isn't bad - if the nano can sell for $200 this'll do well... 8 Gb for $249 isn't bad. The iPod classic can double as a portable HD though at 80 & 160 GB!! Choice, choices, choices!
    09-05-2007 02:57 PM
    3 things

Surur
    I will say that the only day I've seen a long line for the iPhone was on launch day. So maybe there has been a slow down since the launch. Their goal has been a million by the end of September. Steve said they were on track for this goal today.

I think they're lowering the price to aggressively target holiday gift shoppers. For the record, though, Dieter has floated the idea that there's a hardware refresh in the works.

Re #3, heh
    09-05-2007 03:22 PM
    I really just wanted a 16 GB Nano to tide me over until I could get a (16 GB, 3G) iPhone. Not quite sure what to do now. I don't really want to carry both a phone and a device as big as the Touch (sweet though it is).
    09-05-2007 04:17 PM
    I really just wanted a 16 GB Nano to tide me over until I could get a (16 GB, 3G) iPhone. Not quite sure what to do now. I don't really want to carry both a phone and a device as big as the Touch (sweet though it is).
    You might as well get a new cheaper 8GB iPhone then man ntil gen 2 arrives! Even if you go for the 3G come 2008 for $399 it's not looking bad at all now! Same as i paid for my treo 680 so I'd be game for that price.
    09-05-2007 04:22 PM
    ATT is probably pissed as the Touch will probably hurt iPhones sales, and moreover reduce the number of users switching to ATT from other carriers. Now many will get the Touch and stick with their existing carrier.

It bugs me the new iPods still don't have SDHC card slots or removable batteries. 16GB is a lot but with SD slots, you get so much more flexibility.

I'll stick with my Treo that has EVDO, a removable battery, bluetooth, SDHC and plays most any audio/video codec - oh and thousands of 3rd party apps.
    09-05-2007 04:50 PM
    3 things

Surur
    Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I would say I told ya so, but that would be gloating. :-)

Bring on the Touch....
    09-05-2007 04:55 PM
    I think Apple lowered the iPhone price in order to flood the market with iPhones. All the "early adopters" who wanted one bought one; now it's time to sell to the rest of the market.

I really really hope Apple brings out a 16 GB or 32 GB model by the end of the year. I don't need 3G with municipal wifi, but I really want to be able to download more than one movie at a time.
    09-05-2007 05:00 PM
    You might as well get a new cheaper 8GB iPhone then man ntil gen 2 arrives! Even if you go for the 3G come 2008 for $399 it's not looking bad at all now! Same as i paid for my treo 680 so I'd be game for that price.
    I'm in the uk which means I can't buy any iPhone at the moment and anyway my current contract doesn't finish until April. Also, I'd be very reluctant to give up 3G, which is very widespread here (as opposed to EDGE, which is virtually non-existent).

Possible that the iPhone will release with 3G in Europe in the next couple of months but I have my doubts (see Steve Jobs' comments on bulk and battery life of 3G phones).
    09-05-2007 05:49 PM
    Apple has been in talks with European carriers about putting EDGE in for better coverage. It won't have a 3G data radio at the European release unless it's delayed.
    09-05-2007 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD