Audible Email on the iPhone?

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Heres what I would see as a nice little app/feature Apple could add to the iPhone with existing technology: Audible Email. Apple has had software that will read text to you, in a variety of voices, since the days of OS 7 I believe. Now if they were to take this technology and build it into the iPhone would you be interested?

I see it this way, you leave your iPhone on its cradle over night, during the day, whatever, and it creates a playlist in iTunes of all your unread email and syncs it to your iPhone. Then when you grab your iPhone and jump in the car you simply connect your iPhone to your in car Bluetooth receiver and you can have your emails read to you as you commute. Obviously the next logical step is to then be able to respond to email via speech recognition, which would take a considerable effort, but it?s possible.

For me this would be a huge way to leverage existing Apple technology that has been largely unused. Would this be of use to anyone else?

surogo.com

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,
You can do that today at Surogo.com you can get a free email account, which you can just call and listen to your email by phone and it's hardware independent so you don't really have to spend $600 plus $100 everymonth on an expensive iphone. You can also reply and send new emails via speaking. In addition you can updated blogs, surf internet all via voice and via any phone and while driving or doing your chores.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi,
You can do that today at Surogo.com you can get a free email account, which you can just call and listen to your email by phone and it's hardware independent so you don't really have to spend $600 plus $100 everymonth on an expensive iphone. You can also reply and send new emails via speaking. In addition you can updated blogs, surf internet all via voice and via any phone and while driving or doing your chores.
Thats not the elegant solution I was envisioning, nor do I need another email account. Plus I've already plunked the money down on a couple iPhones, but thanks for the advertisement... Err... Info.

surogo.com

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thats not the elegant solution I was envisioning, nor do I need another email account. Plus I've already plunked the money down on a couple iPhones, but thanks for the advertisement... Err... Info.

well I was just letting you know about the solution there is. You don't need to have another email account, you can import all of your emails into one Surogo account. You could've saved a lot fo money spent on Iphone :)
www.surogo.com free email

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77