I made the switch from the 700p to the iPhone 4 days ago and I haven't missed my Treo once. As I use the iPhone more features have started to naturaly emerge. That is the briliance of apple products. The intuitive nature of their applications and interface. I use Mac G5 at home & at the office so keeping my life in sync is lightyears easier than with the 700p.

I sold my Treo on Grieg's list for $200 and wasn't bound to a contract with sprint. So the jump was simple and affordable.

"If you have the means, I highly recomend you pick one up."
    10-22-2007 03:29 PM
    "If you have the means, I highly recomend you pick one up."
    Excellent reference to Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

I forgot about that line until now. I may have to pick that movie up on DVD or HD DVD.
    10-22-2007 04:04 PM
    Glad you caught the reference. It's a classic in my book.
    10-22-2007 08:43 PM
    Sadly, the iphone is but a memory. Sold it for near 400 surprisingly.

Me thinks once you get past the wow factor with the screen and multitouch, some might agree that the constant swiping and finger tapping gets old. A cheap Centro on a SERO plan will keep me happy for another 18 months. I'll give a look back at Apple then.

Other problems (for me), is that i don't find myself using the multimedia too much. Centro is fine (actually superior) for music. I don't watch video on it during the times i use the phone out in public and certainly not at home..and the Centro is more than adequate for it. Email on the Centro is better. Browsing i'll give to the iphone easily, but even then i'm just checking a forum real quick or doing light browsing and the Centro is fine for that. Centro is much louder, smaller, lighter, and frankly, does much more..and..is easier to navigate without all the finger swiping and smudges.

There's also that awkward moment at a client's or at work in the impression you make with an iphone. You're not impressing people like this. You just look silly because you're using their kid's phone..or they'll say something like "oh how's that work? my kid wants one of those" lol

So thumbs down from me after using it for almost 30 days. Maybe if i was a college student...it might appeal more.
    10-27-2007 10:21 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD