Ghandi weighs in on the iPhone critics

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
Didn't/did what? You need to complete that ellipsis.

Quit dancing around: what is your point to this thread/your OP?

OK.

I didn't "turn this into some profound judgment about the poster sat TC instead of (my) silly post." I did the opposite.

You (and some others) got morally indignant at my bringing Ghandi into a discussion about a phone. That was YOU making the "profound judgment".

My response about whether you guys spend any time discussing politics, etc. was simply to point out that YOU were being judgmental and hypocritical in expressing reverence about a subject that you seem (based on your time on this site) to care little about. By contrast, most of your leisure seems devoted to discussing gadgets.

I didn't think I was being "elliptical." But now at least I have spelled it out for you.

As for the point of the OP, it speaks for itself, as much as you pretend not to understand.

But to humor you, just read the "10 Things..." post. You people have been ridiculing and tearing each other to shreds since the phone was released.

You're right about one thing; maybe you guys did skip the "silence" stage.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I didn't "turn this into some profound judgment about the poster sat TC instead of (my) silly post." I did the opposite.

You (and some others) got morally indignant at my bringing Ghandi into a discussion about a phone. That was YOU making the "profound judgment".
The opposite? You didn't have the courage or capacity to form your own thoughts on the matter so you created a thread and threw in Ghandi's quote as proxy to serve what, to ridicule people? This is a good use of Ghandi?

And yes a bunch of us judged what you inferred (but we abstained from personal attacks) based on your thread title and post. That's what you get for starting a thread that served no purpose but to criticize individuals and flame (or a poor attempt at humor). Get over it.

Don't like negative reactions to things you post? Then don't start such a silly thread.
My response about whether you guys spend any time discussing politics, etc. was simply to point out that YOU were being judgmental and hypocritical in expressing reverence about a subject that you seem (based on your time on this site) to care little about. By contrast, most of your leisure seems devoted to discussing gadgets.
Wow. You actually think that makes sense?

So quick to judge the lives and interests of those you don't know, aren't you? :rolleyes:

So whereas we critiqued just your analogy (if you can even call it that), you judged everything about us based on what you want to be true (a personal attack).

(a) How do you know what we do in our leisure time?
(b) How do you know what we do/don't "care little about"?
(c) How do you know some of us aren't native to India, part of the Sindhi diaspora?

Simple. You don't. Or maybe...

(d)
Maybe we just find your "point" poorly made?

This is all a straw man: presume we don't care about Ghandi enough, therefore our critiquing of your post is not valid. As if one logically entails the other!
As for the point of the OP, it speaks for itself, as much as you pretend not to understand.

But to humor you, just read the "10 Things..." post. You people have been ridiculing and tearing each other to shreds since the phone was released.
And...?

Why do you care what other people do so much? We choose to post there, you choose to read it or ignore it. (BTW, that thread is hilarious and if you take it too seriously, well...too bad)

But you felt so above it all you had to start a new-thread to what, teach us a lesson? To make a profound judgment about posters here at TC, especially in that thread?

You deserved the mockery you received for this thread. You used Ghandi in a failed attempt to make some kind of point, not us.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I don't think he would be against it, I just think trying to equate Ghandi with a telephone is a bit offensive.

It's confusing to me as to why he quotes people who are no longer on this Earth and haven't even seen the iPhone!!

How about some real quotes from famous people who've actually commented on the iPhone?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
OK.

Maybe that's because he and Einstein have passed on and never commented on the iPhone, EVER! So it seems you're making light. Not sure if that was your intention, but that could be why some got offended. The first one, people let go. The second time, maybe it's starting to leave a bad taste.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
Sorry

Well, I seem to have offended the very deep spiritual (Hindi?) sensibilities of much of Treocentral community.

For that I repent and will utter 100 Our Fathers, fifty Hail Marys, ten Moore's Laws and I will offer my finest a$$ to Bill Gates.

As for more clarification, it's beyond my capcity.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Well, I seem to have offended the very deep spiritual (Hindi?) sensibilities of much of Treocentral community.

For that I repent and will utter 100 Our Fathers, fifty Hail Marys, ten Moore's Laws and I will offer my finest a$$ to Bill Gates.

As for more clarification, it's beyond my capcity.

Or you can just stop quoting dead people as weighing in on the iPhone when they never used one! :D

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Or you can just stop quoting dead people as weighing in on the iPhone when they never used one! :D

Especially when (like I already pointed out) the quote could just as easily be pointed the other direction. There's nothing about that quote that specifically applies more to iPhone bashers than iPhone fanboys.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
And to complete your lesson today, I suggest you learn the meaning of hubris. Someday, when you're mature enough, it'll come in handy. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2