ichat googletalk

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0707leopard9a499.html

They just added googletalk support to ichat for leopard. My theory has always been that google and apple are working very closely together for iphone, and this reinforces my belief that ichat is coming soon for iphone, and that it will leverage off the leopard ichat code.

And since I use googletalk for IM, i'm really looking forward to it.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
So iChat is now AIM and GT compatable? I wish it were Y! as well as I use that mostly for work. MSN would be nice. How about ICQ? and... :p

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
i hope it will also do other jabber services, but somehow i doubt it. I'll need to keep using Adium until it will do other jabber servers besides GTalk, but this is still very cool. Hopefully this means that the new iChat will find it's way onto the iPhone.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
im so excited they got these applications up and running... its only going to add to the amazingness that is the iphone.

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone seem the program called Adium for OS X? It is basically a 'chat center', allowing you to connect to pretty much any chat service, all at the same time. I believe Apple should evolve iChat into something of that nature. No matter what service you have, you'll be covered. And, of course, include this all-inclusive iChat on the new 3G iPhone...