Aux-In and charge available for iPhone?

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
If you use the dock that comes with the phone, it has a "headphone jack" style output that you can use. That is the workaround I used, and so far so good.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
i purchased the cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter and it seems to work just fine.

Doesn't that just charge the device?

If you use the dock that comes with the phone, it has a "headphone jack" style output that you can use. That is the workaround I used, and so far so good.

That solution doesn't charge the iPhone?

I wonder when solutions will be available to replace the existing Belkin charge and dock solution? Also, if that solution will be backwards compatible with the iPod.

12-24-04_1355.jpg

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
I'm a little surprised that doesn't work. The easiest solution would be to keep a spare ip dock/charger at your stereo with a mini plug to RCA output. That would function for both your iPhone and iPod. You can buy the necessary cable at Radio Shack or any of the big electronics box stores. There are plenty of high end cables available, too, if you roll that way.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I'm a little surprised that doesn't work. The easiest solution would be to keep a spare ip dock/charger at your stereo with a mini plug to RCA output. That would function for both your iPhone and iPod. You can buy the necessary cable at Radio Shack or any of the big electronics box stores. There are plenty of high end cables available, too, if you roll that way.

Yeah, I considered that. But as you can see above, the set-up I have above is clean with just one wire going into the iPod port. I am sure it is just a matter of time the same accessories with be available for the iPhone. My only question is will they be backwards compatible?

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
It IS confusing right now. There is no predicting which accessories work and which ones don't - it seems to be rather random. I'd bet, at this point, most accessories to be released for the iPhone will work with iPods. That's only a theory, though. There are lots of accessories that initially appear to be incompatible with the iPhone, but end up working anyway. Don't always believe that message that pops up stating a product is incompatible. Always try using it - not in airplane mode - and you might be surprised what people are using with full functionality (Alpine head units, all sorts of speaker docks, etc). It'll start getting better soon, surely...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234