iPhone battery replacement $85.00

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
If Oalveraz is your backup, you are a sad sack indeed. Again Napolean got nothing on you.

this is a forum for god's sake, not gang warfare, but perhaps to you it is.

just give up....or quit while you're not ahead. it will be so much better for all of us.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
this is a forum for god's sake, not gang warfare, but perhaps to you it is.

just give up....or quit while you're not ahead. it will be so much better for all of us.

Mommy mommy mommy...he won't stop picking on me....

Oh, wait...that quote was already used...

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
"Apple says the iPhone battery is good for between 300 to 400 charges before performance will start to decline, which generally is the case for any lithium-ion battery over time."

300-400 charge cycles before performance starts to decline? It doesn't say the battery will fail after 300-400 cycles. With these numbers, it's easy to imagine the device lasting 18-24 months before needing to replace the battery. Not only will we have other battery replacement options by then, we'll all be drooling over the next cool device out there. You don't honestly think this particular iPhone will be your last smartphone, do you?
Yes, after 400 charges (and this number accounts for what would equate to full charges), that puts me at about 2 years - depending on how my usage continues over the next 2 years. I think those last few months I could put up with the battery approaching 80% of its original capacity; especially given that there will probably still be no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Yes, after 400 charges (and this number accounts for what would equate to full charges), that puts me at about 2 years - depending on how my usage continues over the next 2 years. I think those last few months I could put up with the battery approaching 80% of its original capacity; especially given that there will probably still be no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone.

Archie, you're back!

And even more audacious, unsupported comments, such as "no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone"

Sorry to burst your bubble - I've have two Treo batteries that I have run from 100% to empty about 700 times each (at least), and they are still doing the job.

Apple's RDF does not extend to invent new battery technology - they use what is in the market.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Archie, you're back!

And even more audacious, unsupported comments, such as "no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone"
And you are going to give me an example of someone that can match it... ???

Sorry to burst your bubble - I've have two Treo batteries that I have run from 100% to empty about 700 times each (at least), and they are still doing the job.
And in about 3 or 4 years I might still have an iPhone that will be approaching 700 recharges and will still be doing its job. What is your point?

My point is that Apple can make a battery that is a mere one quarter the size of the smallest Treo battery last twice as long as the Treo's line of longest performing battery and be driving more things in that time than any Treo every will.

You can take that to the bank.

Apple's RDF does not extend to invent new battery technology - they use what is in the market.
Why do you always post crap like this? I said, as you so quoted yourself, "no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone."

Do you not understand what I say? I didn't say anything about battery technology, I said Apple can use batteries far more efficiently than other phone manufacturers.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
And you are going to give me an example of someone that can match it... ???

And in about 3 or 4 years I might still have an iPhone that will be approaching 700 recharges and will still be doing its job. What is your point?

My point is that Apple can make a battery that is a mere one quarter the size of the smallest Treo battery last twice as long as the Treo's line of longest performing battery and be driving more things in that time than any Treo every will.

You can take that to the bank.

Why do you always post crap like this? I said, as you so quoted yourself, "no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone."

Do you not understand what I say? I didn't say anything about battery technology, I said Apple can use batteries far more efficiently than other phone manufacturers.

Your own words:

"My point is that Apple can make a battery that is a mere one quarter the size of the smallest Treo battery last twice as long as the Treo's line of longest performing battery and be driving more things in that time than any Treo every will. You can take that to the bank."

You say Apple makes batteries...but they don't. (I could ask why you post doo-doo like that, but I already know.)

You then say they use them "more efficiently". Two completely different things, and again, you still need to define it in terms of some baseline.

Is the iPhone the baseline? Which funtion would you like to compare? Phone? (calls/data), Wifi? Ipod? (music/video).

Please pick and let's compare, as you really don't know much about batteries or other devices on the market, as shown by your posts.

Welcome back...l I guess it only took you 11 days to get bored with your iPhone. (I'm assume you bought one, but actually, at this point, I'm not sure you have one.)

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I figure if Archie and you (Mikec) were stuck with me in an elevator, my head might explode.

Archie: you're a little over-the-top on the superlatives. By all accounts it's a pretty decent battery (unless you get a defective one out of the box) , but it's not the best battery ever invented, and I'm sure it's chemistry is not substantially different than any other Li-poly battery. I also don't think the OS is any more efficient than Palm OS, e.g. (and I'm happy to explain why, but no one cares). The chipset may be more power efficient, given that it is more modern, than many other phones. Altogether a nice job of engineering. But I haven't seen anything too astounding other than in comparison to Palm, which seems to have stopped their hardware engineering about 3 years ago.

For example, in my first day of use, using some wi-fi, some edge, making some calls, and generally playing around with it, the battery dropped around 80%. I think my treo would have dropped about the same percentage (but, of course, it doesn't have wi-fi.)

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I figure if Archie and you (Mikec) were stuck with me in an elevator, my head might explode.

Archie: you're a little over-the-top on the superlatives. By all accounts it's a pretty decent battery (unless you get a defective one out of the box) , but it's not the best battery ever invented, and I'm sure it's chemistry is not substantially different than any other Li-poly battery.
Did you not just read what I said. I don't make this **** up and I never said Apple made the battery. Chemistry! Don't care. It's about what Apple does with the battery and what other companies cannot figure out.

Over-the-top superlatives???

Consider this:
Treo 680 = 1200mAh battery = 4 hours talk time under the very best conditions

iPhone = 3.7V = 300-400mAh = 8 hours talk time (plus the iPhone has a much larger and brighter screen and wi-fi sensing is active as noted on Apple's website)

This is embarrasing for Palm.
I'll say it again, the iPhone is doubling the length of battery life with only one quarter the battery capacity. God, help Palm.

I'm not making these specs up. They are on the websites, go look.

I also don't think the OS is any more efficient than Palm OS, e.g. (and I'm happy to explain why, but no one cares). The chipset may be more power efficient, given that it is more modern, than many other phones. Altogether a nice job of engineering. But I haven't seen anything too astounding other than in comparison to Palm, which seems to have stopped their hardware engineering about 3 years ago.

For example, in my first day of use, using some wi-fi, some edge, making some calls, and generally playing around with it, the battery dropped around 80%. I think my treo would have dropped about the same percentage (but, of course, it doesn't have wi-fi.)
I could tell you what I am getting for battery life, but we all know that would be futile, don't we. :mad:

Soooo, read the reviews. They corroborate with Apple's estimates and some even supersede with better than published specs, like getting a whole extra hour of video playback above what Apple quotes.

True, some are not up to the specs, but those seem to be defective or early samples of the supply. Apple has exchanged them all and these reported occurances of batteries not performing as published are fading away.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Now why would you first choose to quote this:

"no other manufacturer that can touch this kind of battery efficiency and battery life that Apple provides in the iPhone"​

and then choose to quote the entire sentance?
Your own words:

"My point is that Apple can make a battery that is a mere one quarter the size of the smallest Treo battery last twice as long as the Treo's line of longest performing battery and be driving more things in that time than any Treo every will. You can take that to the bank."

You know what I am talking about, but I'll say it again: Apple can make batteries last longer than any other phone manufacturer out there.

You say Apple makes batteries...but they don't. (I could ask why you post doo-doo like that, but I already know.)
mikec, you and I both know that Apple doesn't make batteries and to insinuate that I think otherwise is asinine and a character defacing.

I have not officially asked that you stop your slandering actions but I am doing so now.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Dude, you're wrong. You can't go from voltage to mAH like that. It doesn't work like that. Lots of batteries are 3.7V and have mAH ranging all over the place, and you are just making up physics now.

Also, mikec, no friend of mine, did not slander you. People love to throw that term around, but there's no slandering going on here.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Here's a 3.7V battery with 2500mAH (li-poly) (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2613)
Here's a 3.7V battery with 3000mAH (http://www.radioshack.com/sm-lenmar-3-7v-3000mah-li-ion-pda-battery-for-toshiba--pi-2439467.html)
Here's a 3.7V battery with 4000mAH (http://cgi.ebay.com/3-7V-4000-mah-U...i-po-cell_W0QQitemZ290135968070QQcmdZViewItem)
Here's a 3.7V battery with 5000mAH (http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10687514/Super_Li_ion_Polymer_Cells_3_7V_5000mAh.html)

If you want to learn how volts and mAH are really related, feel free to PM me.

And I still say, judging by the relative size, apparent current draw, and relative lifespan of the battery that it is most likely >4000mAH. The way apple got better life is, in large part, by using a more capacious battery.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
True, some are not up to the specs, but those seem to be defective or early samples of the supply. Apple has exchanged them all .

i like to think i'm a realist, or employ sound logic but this one i'm having a little bit of
difficulty with.

"Apple has exchanged them all?" ok, fine. i suppose that could mean (imply) that each and every defective phone (no matter of the defect) was successfully exchanged as opposed to accepting them back with an early restocking fee, or without.

is that the point you're trying to make or are you saying that each and every iPhone battery related instance has been dealt with, and exchanged with a new one?

can one infer such?

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
i like to think i'm a realist, or employ sound logic but this one i'm having a little bit of
difficulty with.

"Apple has exchanged them all?" ok, fine. i suppose that could mean (imply) that each and every defective phone (no matter of the defect) was successfully exchanged as opposed to accepting them back with an early restocking fee, or without.

is that the point you're trying to make or are you saying that each and every iPhone battery related instance has been dealt with, and exchanged with a new one?

can one infer such?
Yes. That is to say Apple exchanges the iPhone/battery if the customer brings one of these subpar batteries in that does not live up to it's published specs. There may of course still be some unreturned iPhones with these initial samplings (or whatever the reason is) but the number is not nearly as high as the first few days.

As quoted: "Apple has exchanged them all and these reported occurances of batteries not performing as published are fading away."

I suppose a conspiracy theorist could assume this was allowed so that they could push more phones through the channels to have virtually/fake higher sales figures. :rolleyes:

I don't know why I added that last part. I guess just to beat surur to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh