I know, it's a silly question.... BUT....

Phone service is spotty in my house. But will the phone (not just the data) also work over wi-fi?
    07-03-2007 09:19 AM
    nope
    07-03-2007 09:20 AM
    It would be a long shot but I would like to see a skype phone call app on it...for placing call through wifi.
    07-03-2007 09:53 AM
    In a Wall Street Journal interview AT&T's CEO said they are looking into Wi-Fi calling. They didn't say that the iPhone would be one of those devices, but it could be if they start offering it.
    07-06-2007 09:37 PM
    It would be a long shot but I would like to see a skype phone call app on it...for placing call through wifi.
    Doubt we will ever see Skype on the iPHONE as AT&T might lose $$$ and Apple since they have a profit share with AT&T on iPHONE accounts.
    07-06-2007 10:02 PM
    Doubt we will ever see Skype on the iPHONE as AT&T might lose $$$ and Apple since they have a profit share with AT&T on iPHONE accounts.
    Yea i know. Like I said it was a long shot...
    07-07-2007 05:34 PM
    I know, it's a silly question.... BUT....

Phone service is spotty in my house. But will the phone (not just the data) also work over wi-fi?
    I dare say if Apple had gone with T-Mobile instead of AT&T, we'd be seeing UMA (i.e. T-Mobile Cell <-> WiFi call handoff) - even better than having a Skype-over-WiFi alternative...

...But I forget... T-Mobile just doesn't like "expensive" smartphones :brick:
    07-08-2007 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD