How's the battery life

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
I hope in the next several days you new iPhone owners post about the battery life. I am sure we will see news reports this week if its not that great.

Bri Guy

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
battery life is astounding....there's really no other way to put it

I have to agree. Going to my "Usage" screen in "Settings", here are the stats from the time it was last fully charged:

Usage: 3 hours, 22 minutes
Standby: 17 hours, 32 minutes

My battery is still showing roughly 75% full. This is easily comparable to my 650 (perhaps a bit better, in fact) and completely kicks the 680 and 750 I tried to the curb.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Looks like all the iPhone bashers from TC are coming over here. It's amazing (and kind of psycho) how many people seem to want this device to fail. Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
As long as I can eek out 12 hrs. uptime per day, I'd be OK. That includes both talk and stand-by within 12 hrs.

7 hrs. must be due to lots of video and tune playing?

I wonder if 2 hrs. of MP3 or video per day, along with 12 hrs. uptime, will last 2 days with no recharge? Or maybe a day and a half is more like it?

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
today, using a lot of wifi to show off the phone, etc, using the phone a lot just playing around . Voice calls were moderate, web browsing was high, and my 2 email accts were syncing every half hour. Phone lasted 14 hours before I got the low battery warning. Not bad, considering all of the wifi use. No complaints here

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
As long as I can eek out 12 hrs. uptime per day, I'd be OK. That includes both talk and stand-by within 12 hrs.

7 hrs. must be due to lots of video and tune playing?

I wonder if 2 hrs. of MP3 or video per day, along with 12 hrs. uptime, will last 2 days with no recharge? Or maybe a day and a half is more like it?
:eek: I was watching some Batman Returns and Crouching Tiger, HIdden Dragon. The clarity is simply gorgeous.

That and a LOT of web surfing ;) I did talk on the phone a bit, too.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Voice calls were moderate, web browsing was high, and my 2 email accts were syncing every half hour. Phone lasted 14 hours before I got the low battery warning. Not bad, considering all of the wifi use. No complaints here
Good report Patty - impressive results too.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I havent killed the battery yet, but i charge every night. I also havent been able to stop playing with it for very long so i'm not really sure what "normal usage" for me will be. The battery life seems to be similar to my 650.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I hope in the next several days you new iPhone owners post about the battery life. I am sure we will see news reports this week if its not that great.

Why in heavens name do you feel it is your self-appointed mission to start/come into threads and start pitching spitballs? For the record, I did not but one, and am very happy with my Blackjack, but you come in here constantly and rain on these guys parade. Then, when you prove to be wrong, you slink off to pick another fight. What gives? Any chance you are Ed Colligan or Bill Gates in drag? :hmm:

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Why in heavens name do you feel it is your self-appointed mission to start/come into threads and start pitching spitballs? For the record, I did not but one, and am very happy with my Blackjack, but you come in here constantly and rain on these guys parade. Then, when you prove to be wrong, you slink off to pick another fight. What gives? Any chance you are Ed Colligan or Bill Gates in drag? :hmm:

At least he's not as bad as another particular poster who gets bored in one thread telling everyone how wrong they are when they disagree with him, then moves on to another. Still pretty silly, though. Some of these people seem to take it personally when someone likes a device or operating system that, for whatever reason, they don't. Like I said - psycho...

:thumbsdn:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR