I hope in the next several days you new iPhone owners post about the battery life. I am sure we will see news reports this week if its not that great.
    07-01-2007 01:44 PM
    No response in 8 hours? Should I say the silence is deafining?
    07-01-2007 07:47 PM
    battery life is astounding....there's really no other way to put it
    07-01-2007 08:08 PM
    No response in 8 hours? Should I say the silence is deafining?
    Maybe the battery life is way beyond 8 hours so no one has had it run out yet.
    07-01-2007 08:50 PM
    battery life is astounding....there's really no other way to put it
    I have to agree. Going to my "Usage" screen in "Settings", here are the stats from the time it was last fully charged:

Usage: 3 hours, 22 minutes
    Standby: 17 hours, 32 minutes

My battery is still showing roughly 75% full. This is easily comparable to my 650 (perhaps a bit better, in fact) and completely kicks the 680 and 750 I tried to the curb.
    07-01-2007 09:44 PM
    Looks like all the iPhone bashers from TC are coming over here. It's amazing (and kind of psycho) how many people seem to want this device to fail. Can't wait to get my hands on one!
    07-01-2007 09:55 PM
    I got about 7 hours of moderate to heavy usage.
    07-01-2007 09:57 PM
    As long as I can eek out 12 hrs. uptime per day, I'd be OK. That includes both talk and stand-by within 12 hrs.

7 hrs. must be due to lots of video and tune playing?

I wonder if 2 hrs. of MP3 or video per day, along with 12 hrs. uptime, will last 2 days with no recharge? Or maybe a day and a half is more like it?
    07-01-2007 11:01 PM
    today, using a lot of wifi to show off the phone, etc, using the phone a lot just playing around . Voice calls were moderate, web browsing was high, and my 2 email accts were syncing every half hour. Phone lasted 14 hours before I got the low battery warning. Not bad, considering all of the wifi use. No complaints here
    07-01-2007 11:17 PM
    right. no complaints. given that i am a past owner of the abysmal 680 i know how to complain about battery life.
    07-01-2007 11:34 PM
    As long as I can eek out 12 hrs. uptime per day, I'd be OK. That includes both talk and stand-by within 12 hrs.

7 hrs. must be due to lots of video and tune playing?

I wonder if 2 hrs. of MP3 or video per day, along with 12 hrs. uptime, will last 2 days with no recharge? Or maybe a day and a half is more like it?
    :o I was watching some Batman Returns and Crouching Tiger, HIdden Dragon. The clarity is simply gorgeous.

That and a LOT of web surfing I did talk on the phone a bit, too.
    07-02-2007 12:02 AM
    Voice calls were moderate, web browsing was high, and my 2 email accts were syncing every half hour. Phone lasted 14 hours before I got the low battery warning. Not bad, considering all of the wifi use. No complaints here
    Good report Patty - impressive results too.
    07-02-2007 04:35 AM
    I havent killed the battery yet, but i charge every night. I also havent been able to stop playing with it for very long so i'm not really sure what "normal usage" for me will be. The battery life seems to be similar to my 650.
    07-02-2007 08:19 AM
    I hope in the next several days you new iPhone owners post about the battery life. I am sure we will see news reports this week if its not that great.
    Why in heavens name do you feel it is your self-appointed mission to start/come into threads and start pitching spitballs? For the record, I did not but one, and am very happy with my Blackjack, but you come in here constantly and rain on these guys parade. Then, when you prove to be wrong, you slink off to pick another fight. What gives? Any chance you are Ed Colligan or Bill Gates in drag? :hmm:
    07-02-2007 09:54 AM
    Here you go:

http://forum.phonedifferent.com/show...05#post1300305

The MSNBC reviewer got 36 hours on battery life.
    07-02-2007 01:32 PM
    Why in heavens name do you feel it is your self-appointed mission to start/come into threads and start pitching spitballs? For the record, I did not but one, and am very happy with my Blackjack, but you come in here constantly and rain on these guys parade. Then, when you prove to be wrong, you slink off to pick another fight. What gives? Any chance you are Ed Colligan or Bill Gates in drag? :hmm:
    At least he's not as bad as another particular poster who gets bored in one thread telling everyone how wrong they are when they disagree with him, then moves on to another. Still pretty silly, though. Some of these people seem to take it personally when someone likes a device or operating system that, for whatever reason, they don't. Like I said - psycho...

:thumbsdn:
    07-02-2007 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD