iPhone didn't sell out at any Apple stores

zrs70

Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
That online matrix is wrong. The iphone was sold out at the two stores I went to in the LA area, even though Apple implies otherwise.

byronchurch

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Don''t know ..In hermosa Ca. they acted like it was almost sold out but when I cot in there was a ton on the shelf ...I asked " if that was all they had ,and the guy said he couldn't disclose the amount he had in back ..?? Seems they are really embellishing the seen with Apple employees at the door applauding your sacred acquisition Like you just got a Zoo at Farrells disappointed .. A cup of tea would of been much cooler .. Oh well I love this Phone 10 times as much as my disappointment ...And man am I disappointed ! "COME ON PALM PROGRAMERS !!!!

Bri Guy

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
Yep this aint gonna sell no where near what T and Jobs thinks.

Look at the 12000 iPhones on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

I think the thousands of iPhones on eBay are a result of excellent marketing and supply by Apple. Not only did their marketing create the necessary hype (and one can't ignore the media's job in creating that hype either), but then they backed it up with enough supply to make sure everyone could get one. It's like Willy Wonka keeping enough chocolate bars in the store and every one of them having a golden ticket ... haha. Seriously, though, I think all the eBay phones are a result of numerous "scalpers" assuming that Apple would not have enough supply to meet the hype-created demand and that a fortune was to be made by buying extra phones and immediately putting them on eBay for the expected desperate to purchase once the stores quickly ran dry. I'm laughing my head off about that. Apple has done it right so far. I casually walked into a local Apple store, no line (around 10pm last night), bought my iPhone, activated it painlessly online (with my existing number), and I'm already on my way, enjoying a superb product. I'm brand new to the Apple world, by the way (with the exception of my iPod), and so far, I'm very impressed with the quality and thoughtfulness of the product.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I think the thousands of iPhones on eBay are a result of excellent marketing and supply by Apple. Not only did their marketing create the necessary hype (and one can't ignore the media's job in creating that hype either), but then they backed it up with enough supply to make sure everyone could get one. .
I actually agree with this and it's a very nice change for once.

It's a shame that sometimes things get released and people take advantage of the shortage and jack up the price, so it's great to see every can get one for their actual retail price and not get screwed.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
NewtonJack is a iHATER

Yep this aint gonna sell no where near what T and Jobs thinks.

Look at the 12000 iPhones on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

Nothing wrong with being an iHATER but if all the stores had sold out he would have said, "Look at the disaster Apple and AT&T created can't even deliver the product".

They will sell what the market bears out and IF and this is a BIG if Apple starts doing up dates to the iPHONE apps to improve them they will sell more.

iPHONE is not perfect but it is a good product.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I think the thousands of iPhones on eBay are a result of excellent marketing and supply by Apple. Not only did their marketing create the necessary hype (and one can't ignore the media's job in creating that hype either), but then they backed it up with enough supply to make sure everyone could get one. It's like Willy Wonka keeping enough chocolate bars in the store and every one of them having a golden ticket ... haha. Seriously, though, I think all the eBay phones are a result of numerous "scalpers" assuming that Apple would not have enough supply to meet the hype-created demand and that a fortune was to be made by buying extra phones and immediately putting them on eBay for the expected desperate to purchase once the stores quickly ran dry. I'm laughing my head off about that. Apple has done it right so far. I casually walked into a local Apple store, no line (around 10pm last night), bought my iPhone, activated it painlessly online (with my existing number), and I'm already on my way, enjoying a superb product. I'm brand new to the Apple world, by the way (with the exception of my iPod), and so far, I'm very impressed with the quality and thoughtfulness of the product.

Seems pretty straight forward, demand did not outpace supply. I read that at the NY store, within one hour there was no line and you could walk right and buy either the 4 or 8 gig. LOL, can you imagine the people who slept outside for three days.

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
Nothing wrong with being an iHATER but if all the stores had sold out he would have said, "Look at the disaster Apple and AT&T created can't even deliver the product".

They will sell what the market bears out and IF and this is a BIG if Apple starts doing up dates to the iPHONE apps to improve them they will sell more.

iPHONE is not perfect but it is a good product.

heh heh heh.....yea I suppose Ebay is a ihater also.

eBay Inc. said about 745 out of 8,000 iPhone offerings had been sold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 4:45 p.m. EDT Saturday, eBay Inc. said about 745 out of 8,000 iPhone offerings had been sold on the online auction site at an average price of $962.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070630/apple_iphone.html?.v=4

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
heh heh heh.....yea I suppose Ebay is a ihater also.

eBay Inc. said about 745 out of 8,000 iPhone offerings had been sold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 4:45 p.m. EDT Saturday, eBay Inc. said about 745 out of 8,000 iPhone offerings had been sold on the online auction site at an average price of $962.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070630/apple_iphone.html?.v=4

What has happened to SANITY?? Why pay over $300 more fo a phone you can get at it's sell price down the block or order online with no shortages??? Some ppl eBay just for the sake of it! I would only excuse ppl like me who are outside the US for buying it online at those prices...and I can wait a bit longer myself!

ohbw

Feb 5, 2005
Visit site
Time will tell.

How many people have used the phone before they've gone off on a rant? I'm curious.

I have an Apple store a half a mile from my front door. I walked over on Friday evening just before six because I was curious about whether it was a zoo or not. The line was a block long, about 300 people, I would guess (in a relatively small town, Boulder). I decided to get in line because a friend of mine turned up just as I did, and I thought I'd have a visit with her and then get to see the phone in the flesh.

50 minutes later, I bought three. I knew I'd own one one pretty soon, but seeing it in the hand made it a no-brainer. I bought the extra two (one on my allotment of two and one on my friend's) on the theory that there would be a buttload of people in Europe and Asia and elsewhere who wanted one and couldn't get it. I sold the extra two on Ebay within 24 hours at a profit that almost paid for my own phone. That was a crapshoot, but I certainly wasn't going to end up selling them at a loss. Anyone who's ever owned a Mac can tell you that he sold it two years down the road for nearly what he paid for it. People who use Apple products love Apple products, by and large. 100,000,000 iPod users are going to take a hard look at the iPhone in a hurry, and so are a lot of other folks.

Time will tell about how quickly people grab this phone. In the long run, anyone with a brain will be using one. It's very, very good, an order of magnitude better than anything anyone else has produced or is producing. (When have you ever seen the four biggest critics -- Mossberg, Pogue, et. al. -- all say at the same time, "Home run, basically!") And it's going to get a lot better.

I don't work for Apple. I've had four Treos in seven years. I bought them and used them because they were better than anything else on the market. That's not true anymore.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Northbrook IL is sold out, all other IL stores have stock Could be the 8GB though, the guy in the Michigan Ave. store said the 4GBs were going faster,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods