10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I feel bad for those w/ junky AT&T service spots. Here in Los Angeles I never have an issue what so ever.I always average high DL speed, never a dropped call or shotty no bars of service. It sucks most dont have the positive experience myself and others have...

On edge everything is fine
just on 3g its always dropped calls
or not getting calls
and mind you i am in a 3g best coverage zone(well if u go by that at&t coverage map) so i am not understanding

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I feel bad for those w/ junky AT&T service spots. Here in Los Angeles I never have an issue what so ever.I always average high DL speed, never a dropped call or shotty no bars of service. It sucks most dont have the positive experience myself and others have...
Local service trumps everything. That said, would god that the problems with AT&T were limited to service. Much worse is their anti-customer attitude, more specifically their anti iPhone customer attitude. They blame us for all their problems and they discriminate against us at every opportunity. By their agreements in restraint of trade with Apple, they restrict our access to services that they make freely available to users of other devices.

You do not have to take my word for it. They damn themselves every time they open their mouths.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok I know this is posted in 2007, but still.

1) The email thing, any average person would start with the picture instead of an email

2) Where does this guy get off? lol

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Agreed. I think the iPhone is pretty durable.

I hate that it does not have FLASH!!!!!!!!
Be careful what you ask for; you might get it. Rumor has it that running Flash causes the iPhone to 1) drain the battery dead, or 2) failing 1 to heat up and melt.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The battery part I'm ok with. I am always close to a charger. As for the melting part, as long as it's not in my pocket... Or on my lap...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The battery part I'm ok with. I am always close to a charger. As for the melting part, as long as it's not in my pocket... Or on my lap...

you should not be ok with this. why should we have to be "right next to a charger" to fully enjoy our phones

Hauser3

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with this guy on #2. Not being able to attach a photo while already in email is very annoying. They need to add the camera icon in email, similar to MMS.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Come on, guys. After more than three years and three thousand posts to this thread, nothing, but nothing, ranks with the "steaming pile of failure." Many of the things that are early in the thread have been fixed but the one persistent problem is AT&T. Perhaps it is because I spent last week in San Francisco that I am so sensitive about this but it seems to me that everything else in this list is trivial by comparison.

Please, Apple, make the iPhone contract more like the iPad one. AT&T, please stop imposing arbitrary constraints on the applications of your service. Trust me when I tell you that I am a fan of GSM and resent the money that I spend with Verizon for those applications which you will not permit me to do on the service that I already pay you for.

Last edited:

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

-call failed
-could not activate cellular network
-phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
-"Searching..." status
-"No Service" status
-static voice quality
-getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
-inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
-spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work
-paying $65/month for a device that should be called the "iP--n-", not "iPhone"

-and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.

Mar 8, 2010
www.lawrence-najjar.com
Finding a contact

It is too difficult to find someone in Contacts. In the letters index, you have to try to touch a tiny letter then scroll over and over to get to the contact you want. Or, you drag your finger up and down the letters index trying to find your contact. You can open up the Contacts search, but that means you have to manage to touch the tiny question mark at the top of the letters index without hitting the big "+" sign. Then you have to touch in the search field and wait for the keyboard to display.

I would like the Contacts search field and the keyboard to be displayed by default. You should be able to scroll the contacts that are displayed between the Contacts search field and the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73