10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Next week starting Sept. 4, email gets a full workout, and that may be the test that tells me if I can use the phone more for business, or not.

I see Exchange and IMAP are listed options, so we'll see.

WAIT,

What do you mean exactly?

If you mean you are creating a yahoo account for PUSH, then honestly do not bother. Terrible in every sense of the word. Just use another account (anything but yahoo) and auto-check every 15 minutes. You cannot auto-check with yahoo which is why I suggest something else (I use gmail and AOL).

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the warning!!

But I was also thinking of entering my domain email and perhaps 2 accounts configured for IMAP. Do you think they'll work?

AOL works great so far! I will try Gmail too.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the warning!!

But I was also thinking of entering my domain email and perhaps 2 accounts configured for IMAP. Do you think they'll work?

AOL works great so far! I will try Gmail too.

I use two imap accounts (sitting on hmailserver at my house). Works fine. But if you're a chatter user, prepare to be underwhelmed.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ring ring

Rumor is that iPhone ringtone service launching 9/5.

Pay Apple to convert your already bought music into ringtone.

See, you just had to wait until they could make money on it.

In other news, are people seeing a lot of iPhones on the street? I haven't seen one in a wild. I think I've seen a whopping 6 since the launch in the wild.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Rumor is that iPhone ringtone service launching 9/5.

Pay Apple to convert your already bought music into ringtone.

See, you just had to wait until they could make money on it.

In other news, are people seeing a lot of iPhones on the street? I haven't seen one in a wild. I think I've seen a whopping 6 since the launch in the wild.

I've seen a couple dozen now. Frequency has been increasing.

I doubt apple will make you pay to convert existing music, but we'll see. If so, you can probably blame it on the RIAA.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm

I think there are a couple scenarios:

- Apple makes "ringtone maker" a part of iTunes, free use for all content.

- Pay for use for all content

- Pay for use for all iTunes purchased music, but not for your own ripped content.

I guess we will know on the 5th.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
So has the excitement worn off for anyone yet? I notice 2 people who used to post in this thread dropped out, even before the move and holiday weekend.

Denny Crane and Llarson. Does that mean they're no longer interested in defending the iPhone or did they just leave TC altogether due to moving to the iPhone? Bcalis(I may have spelled that wrong) is no longer around either. Where did everyone go? It's now the same 4 or 5 posters most of the time, LOL!

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I didn't post here for a month either..until this thread was moved here :) I wouldn't take it as they have "lost their excitement," its just that this forum is very very quiet. Treocentral is the best Treo forum hands down, but phonedifferent certainly is not the best iPhone forum around. If I want current info, or a collective opinion on something, better results will be acheived at the more popular forums. You know how it is.

No disrespect to PD of course, just stating the obvious :)

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I thought I saw you pop in a few times. :)

Those 2 were quite active then slowed down way BEFORE the move, is what I'm saying.

I looked at the HoFo iPhone thread and the everyiphone forums, it's just not the same. Although HF is pretty decent, since I hang out on the Nokia and Sony forums anyway.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
getting lives

Maybe they just are smarter than us and getting liives ;-).

There bloom is off the rose, so to speak. Not a whole lot more to say until the next big nugget of iPone news.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
See, the Fooleo (I feel fully justified calling it that now) is one huge reason for buying an Apple product, that nonsense would never have happened at Apple. This really shows that Palm is playing in the bush leagues.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Isn't doing well for a company who's products relatively are successful is different than Palm's use of a near-product release as marketing research. Palm has done many lame, lame, lame things in the past 5 years. How did they let the Foleo get this far then kill it just like that? It should never have gotten this far, or they should have just released it. It wouldn't be the first time Palm released buggy crap. I guess it was really, really buggy crap.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Jobs to early adopters: Suckaaaaaaaaaars!

$200 cheaper now.

Wow...usually Apple never cuts the price of their product so soon after launch.

It was worth $600 two months ago, but now $400.

Me thinks this is to spurs some lackluster sales (i.e. to make their 1M by end of Sept.)

At least they released the Touch, as I expected they would. A very nice PMP.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I think there are a couple scenarios:

- Apple makes "ringtone maker" a part of iTunes, free use for all content.

- Pay for use for all content

- Pay for use for all iTunes purchased music, but not for your own ripped content.

I guess we will know on the 5th.

99 cents a song, plus the cost of the song.

Not sure if you can do this for your own content.

The song is 99 cents...the ringtone is 99 cents. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2