10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
They aren't my words, they are yours. Do you need to be shown your are wrong again? TIme does not erase facts:

http://forum.phonedifferent.com/showthread.php?t=145809&page=17&highlight=lifedrive

Last two pages goes through the info for those interested.

You are wrong with a capital W. Accept it and move on.

As for the Broadcom comment, this doesn't preclude the use of BT and Wi-Fi - Palm could have done it with different radios - it was not a CPU chipet (Intel) limitation, which was the whole point.

Welcome back, my red-headed stepchild.
mikec, you are talking crap.

I don't know what you are trying to say but this link leads to the very page in which THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS.

And as far as what could have been IF Palm did use the Intel chipset doesn't matter. The point is THEY DIDN'T. They used Broadcom's chip, as I had said. NOT Intel's, as you had said. And, again, this Broadcom chip does NOT operate with wi-fi.

So let's review (again).
1. Mike talks in circles, and tries to color me wrong in hopes that no forum member will actually check a link.
2. I give actual evidence as to why Mike is incorrect and why I was right.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I'd like to see these predictions, as you claim them, but have nothing to back it up.

If you read a bit (instead of making excuses), you'd see the context of the one handed discussion, specifically around web surfing.

And as far as typing faster on the iPhone vs Treo, I have seen nothing that shows this to be the case. I think most will agree they are faster with the physical keypad.

But keep claiming you were right all along. We will beleive you as we hand you the meds and the small paper cup.
Here's the link:
http://forum.phonedifferent.com/showthread.php?p=1292253&#post1292253

And if you read down past my post, you will see that it was actually you disagreeing with me (no surprise) about this very subject. :p

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Where to even start with your mess of a post?

One-finger-double-tap-to-zoom exists on some programs for treo, so there ya go.

As for editing: the magnifying glass is FAR more imprecise than using cursor keys or a directional pad. I know. I have an iphone, and dread having to correct things with the magnifying glass.

Text prediction: if the keyboard is great, it's not needed. Certainly on a fullsize desktop PC you don't need it. Therefore, there must be some size physical keyboard between the smallest phone one and the desktop size below which it's useful to have correction software. I found the treo to be fine with out it.

The "famous" David pogue tip is actually SLOWER than if you tap the punctuation keyboard key then the punctuation, so I hardly find it to be a panacea.

"Perhaps you should consider reading the manual?" For an IPHONE? that's funny. Also, you are being a moron. I didn't say I don't know how to answer/hang up the phone. I said I prefer dedicated buttons. If they existed, for example, then pressing the "green" (hard) phone button could take me directly to the phone keypad instead of making me press home then press phone.

Scrollbars: yes, iphone only provides you with contextual clues as to your vertical location in a document when you are scrolling. I am not sure that's a good thing. I don't mind either way.

Screen: yes, it's beautiful.

subpixel display: "i've been enveloped" is not an answer.

Cleartype: does NOT use pixel boundaries. It accesses the R, G, and B subpixels.

Most readable: maybe. I think the sony epaper is better, but whatever.

thinner: dunno. don't care.

phone number transfers: "that's not what reports are saying" Are you kidding? Did you miss the entire at&t activation debacle, where people were waiting 24 hours or more to get their numbers transferred?

youtube: "why would apple..." It's called marketing, dude. "Hey kiddies! we have youtube!"

caldav: still waiting

"voluntarily binding themselves by law to do so:" are you high?

"what's funny is that you think:" No i don't. YOU think it's the first phone to not be subsidized. That's funny.

logos: "$100-$200 not worth it to buy an unlocked phone..." Still cheaper than a LOCKED iphone, AND your phone is UNLOCKED!

ipod update: NONE of the updates you listed were for the ipod PHOTO. I still can't play games, search, etc. (Actually, the direct digital camera thing did apply, but the rest didn't).

"i rather like not having bluetooth crippled?" Most people feel iphone bluetooth IS crippled.

virus: no, i don't think we would have seen one by now.

i now give up. I don't even think i'm halfway through your garbage.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
mikec, you are talking crap.

I don't know what you are trying to say but this link leads to the very page in which THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS.

And as far as what could have been IF Palm did use the Intel chipset doesn't matter. The point is THEY DIDN'T. They used Broadcom's chip, as I had said. NOT Intel's, as you had said. And, again, this Broadcom chip does NOT operate with wi-fi.

So let's review (again).
1. Mike talks in circles, and tries to color me wrong in hopes that no forum member will actually check a link.
2. I give actual evidence as to why Mike is incorrect and why I was right.

Let's review the facts:

1.) Intel CPU used. It can (and did) support Wi-Fi and BT on multiple PDAs. The Broadcom BT chip only does BT. It does not have Wi-Fi on board. It does not preclude the use of Wi-FI. It's like you are complaining that an apple cannot be an orange or be in the same fruit bowl together.

I NEVER said the BT chipset was Intel. That is a false statement by you. I spoke of the Intel CPU chipset being able to support wi-fi and BT, which is true; you see there is this thing in computers where there are multiple chips for different functions, but the CPU communicates to many of them. I suggest you brush up on computers 101.

These are not circles...they are straight lines. You stated your reasons, as can be read in point
This is very easy to check (nice single posts; no searching.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=426265&postco

The original point is that your claimed the chipset (CPU) could not support both, not whether or not Palm inlcuded both. And you are wrong as the day is long.

2.) I have given the evidence, while you are gesturing wildly. Show us the proof of your "rightness".

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Here's the link:
http://forum.phonedifferent.com/showthread.php?p=1292253&#post1292253

And if you read down past my post, you will see that it was actually you disagreeing with me (no surprise) about this very subject. :p

Um, I read that post, and it's you commenting on my post about the demo video. So you challenge my "doubt" that is was faster.

You then wrote a long post about how it is superior/faster/etc (even though you have never used one).

You're not making sense (nothing new there). Show me the faster Treo or BB typist, and the fastest iPhone typist. Then we can talk.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
What I most enjoy about this is when surur treats me as if I was archie, and archie treats me as if I was surur.

This thread hurts my head.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I don't care if the CPU supports it. You ain't gonna get the CPU to provide interoperability with this particular chip because there is nothing else on this motherboard that can make it operate(control the bursts) in conjunction with a wifi chip.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
ixnay on the ersonal attacks pay
Are you going to do something about it?
Look... check it out. According to forum members here:

I am an idiot and have no idea what I am talking about,
I have "Downs Syndrome",
I am "unable to function in real life",
I am "uninformed",
I am a "Liar",
I "Go off topic and don't admit that I lie",
I "double lie",
I "have problems beyond lying",
I "misrepresent the point",
I state nothing but "logical fallacies" (don't even know what that means)
I am "completely wrong in every statement" that I make,
I have no regard for the law and will be prosecuted,

...and then there is mikec and his constant barrage.

Doesn't really matter what you do I guess.
I have long sense realized that people here take to casting me as the stupid idiot who has no idea what he is talking about to cover for the fact that in reality the forum members here are covering for their own ignorance and stupidity.

Sorry to get on your case.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Don't act innocent, Archie. A page ago you called me illogical and thick-headed in the 20% of your message that I was able to read before getting a headache.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Egrips has some, they are "interesting" though. http://www.egrips.com/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=270190

I think a slim rubber skin case would be nicer. But forget the Incase one!

Diva, i use the InCase one when i need some real protection. what i don't like about it is how it procludes you from easily inserting/removing the device from your pocket (where i keep mine). I can't say that i agree with your assessment that the rubber case causes scratches (unless grit is getting caught underneath the folds) as I have used mine for some time now has left the iPhone basically unscathed. it's probably the slimmest and grippiest skin out there and which offers a decent fit.

regards

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Here's the case I'm still waiting for. Wish they would hurry up with their tooling up or whatever so I can get one shipped to me.

I'm thinking that those rubber cases flex every once in a while allowing for grime to get under it and scratch.

Miniot_home08_02.jpg

Miniot_home08_04.jpg

iphone_pic_padouk.jpg

iphone_pic_mahogany.jpg

iphone_pic_oak.jpg

iphone_pic_walnut.jpg

http://www.miniot.com/miniot/index.htm

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I don't care if the CPU supports it. You ain't gonna get the CPU to provide interoperability with this particular chip because there is nothing else on this motherboard that can make it operate(control the bursts) in conjunction with a wifi chip.

"Control the bursts" of laughter....

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Are you going to do something about it?
Look... check it out. According to forum members here:

I am an idiot and have no idea what I am talking about,
I have "Downs Syndrome",
I am "unable to function in real life",
I am "uninformed",
I am a "Liar",
I "Go off topic and don't admit that I lie",
I "double lie",
I "have problems beyond lying",
I "misrepresent the point",
I state nothing but "logical fallacies" (don't even know what that means)
I am "completely wrong in every statement" that I make,
I have no regard for the law and will be prosecuted,

...and then there is mikec and his constant barrage.

Doesn't really matter what you do I guess.
I have long sense realized that people here take to casting me as the stupid idiot who has no idea what he is talking about to cover for the fact that in reality the forum members here are covering for their own ignorance and stupidity.

Sorry to get on your case.

No one casts you...you cast yourself.

You forgot one more attribution - martyr.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
The complaint about not being able to delete single calls rears it ugly head. I accidentally deleted the whole list. Good thing no important numbers were on there this time! But I really wish you could at least delete single missed calls. :(

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Next week starting Sept. 4, email gets a full workout, and that may be the test that tells me if I can use the phone more for business, or not.

I see Exchange and IMAP are listed options, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR