10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Only 17 days (plus or minus) until the next iPhone updates.

I wonder what features will be added. Maybe copy and paste. ;-)

And maybe not....

- - Thoughts on copy/paste.

mcdj 08-09-2007 10:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on copy/paste.

How to implement copy/paste has been discussed, and mocked up in video.

In addition to the logistics of physically making copy/paste work, one of the challenges Apple would face, if they do implement it, is deciding on content and context.

What can we copy/paste and where can we do it? Is it text only? Text and images? Is it only in SMS/email/notes, or in Safari too?

What happens if a user highlights a block of text in Safari, and there's a photo inside the block? Is the photo copied/pasted with the text? What if the photo is 1mb? Is it optimized? Discarded over a certain size? What happens if you accidently copy some text with a photo in it and try to paste it into a SMS?

Is the pasted text formatted as it was before it was copied? Bold? Italic? Underlined? (all things the keyboard doesn't support)

The more I think about it, the more complex copy/paste gets. And the more I think about Apple, the more I think there's no way they simply overlooked copy/paste. The simplest, most obvious method to begin a copy/paste session is to tap and hold over a word...but Apple stole that functionality and gave it to the magnifying glass. This makes me wonder if we may never see copy/paste on an iPhone, just like we have never seen crossfading on an iPod, despite a huge user base begging for it for 6 years.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=339944

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
did the market tumble today or was it just volatile?

which subprime folks do you speak of?

and what do iPhones have to do with it?

pretty silly statement, no?

iPhones will save the day....didn't you get the memo.

Soon Jobs will be releasing iHome, which will provide perfect housing for all.

:)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
This is bizarre. The iPhone skips when moved. I thought it was all solid state...

- - iPhone - music skipping and pausing

gnarlsedmond 08-10-2007 10:04 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPhone - music skipping and pausing

I've noticed a problem when I've been out on a run with my iPhone. Late in the run the music will start stopping and starting and skipping around. I suspect the problem is in the Apple headset. I think sweat is getting into the mouthpiece/pause-advance gismo and sending false signals to the iPhone. I've also noticed (during runs) that the pause-advance feature is inconsistant; sometimes it advances, sometimes not.

I would like to upgrade the headset to the V-Moda Vibe headset as soon as those are available with the call receive/hangup function.

Has anyone else noticed these problems.

comacnut 08-10-2007 10:09 AM

I've noticed the same incidents while riding my bike. The music pauses, skips and advances on occasion. I also noticed that the music skipped once while going over a p;particularly rough bump in the road when it was hooked up to the stereo in the Jeep.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=340107

Surur

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Hmm. I don't use the apple headset, but given that there are no moving parts, this guy is probably right as to the cause (could be a problem with his jack or his headset - a loose wire or something that's triggering the pause/skip button on the headset).

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Tap and hold context menus would fix that, but again, I gess that is inelegant...

They've already hooked tap-and-hold (for instance, tap and hold on an image pops up a currently-useless text bubble) but don't currently do anything with it other than the magnifier in text inputs. I expect this is the way they are going to go.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
If they allowed 3rd party apps, utilities could be made that explored this new multi-touch UI universe and the most elegant solution would likely come from it.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Anyone else notice the small anti-iPhone backlash, e.g. the screen problems being made a big deal of?

Surur

My TX's over time developed dead spots, the 5-way support on Palms helped to make them usable until fixed though. When I moved to the Treo actually the hard keys were one of the big reasons for me. Everything on the iPhone is dependent on the digi so I hope this is just some isolated issues.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm

If you used your iPhone EDGE 24/7, would it log every byte on the bill.

That would be a long bill...probably cost more to mail that your monthly fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods