10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I didn't say browsing specifically, but I'm sure doing a pinch is much easier with two hands as the device really was designed for two handed use. I'm sure you'll agree is more functional with two hands.

No you said...
I did try it out and personally, I don't see how you really can effectively use the iPhone with one hand most of the time.

As an iPhone user, I can say you are wrong. I very rarely pinch, and I browse one-handed all the time. If you and Mikey don't want to accept that, so be it. After all, that would take away from proving how difficult and awkward the browsing experience is on the iPhone.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It is strange how in some threads you claim you want higher resolution, and here you say it really doesn't matter though.
I call your bluff.

Show me the threads where I say, I personally, must have a higher resolution on my device.

The only thing I can think of is my disappointment with the Mogul as I thought if it were to be really a huge improvement, they should have put in a higher resolution screen (although they did improve the quality and brightness). Just like it would have been nice to have GPS too. I don't want a Mogul though due to form-factor, not because of the screen. I never had an intention of getting one.

If I really wanted a high resolution device and it was important or a priority for me, I would simply use my Moto Q or 6700 or even my 650 (the Moto Q screen, btw, is brilliant looking). It's not so I use my 700wx.

But prove me otherwise. :rolleyes:

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
First, you show me the thread where I claimed you said "I must have a higher resolution".
It is strange how in some threads you claim you want higher resolution, and here you say it really doesn't matter though.
Where do I claim I want a higher resolution? (and was it for my device? Or was I commenting on another one?

Lets reword your statement:

some threads you claim you want higher resolution
vs
some threads I claim I want a higher resolution.

And what threads?

How is it "strange"? You are implying I contradict myself. Complete your argument.

Then there's that part about me saying "it doesn't really matter", which is only part of it:
For myself, resolution is not a huge deal. Higher is nicer but it really comes down to what you use the device for: media/entertainment or email/business/PIM.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
No you said...

As an iPhone user, I can say you are wrong. I very rarely pinch, and I browse one-handed all the time. If you and Mikey don't want to accept that, so be it. After all, that would take away from proving how difficult and awkward the browsing experience is on the iPhone.

OK, no problem, I'll ammend my statement to say "I did try it out and personally, I don't see how I could really effectively use the iPhone with one hand most of the time." This was my mistake and I really did mean 'I' when I originally posted. Sorry.

Now, I don't know how old you are but I'm planning on not contorting my hands in yet another inconvenient way lest I harm the already shaky health of my hands just to prove I can use a device made for two handed use with one hand. Plus it sounds like dropping the phone while trying top hold it and pinch one-handed might be easily done. I'd just be safe an use two hands, no big deal most of the time.

Now, to address a larger issue, you can definitely say someone is wrong but calling someone a liar seems rather over the edge. You may think mikec is full of **** and that's your right, but you seem to be very antagonistic and it really seems unwarranted.

**** You are a very troubled person BTW. Get some help :p

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
OK, no problem, I'll ammend my statement to say "I did try it out and personally, I don't see how I could really effectively use the iPhone with one hand most of the time." This was my mistake and I really did me 'I' when I originally posted. Sorry.

Now, I don't know how old you are but I'm planning on not contorting my hands in yet another inconvenient way lest I harm the already shaky health of my hands just to prove I can use a device made for two handed use with one hand. Plus it sounds like dropping the phone while trying top hold it and pinch one-handed might be easily done. I'd just be safe an use two hands, no big deal most of the time.

Now, to address a larger issue, you can definitely say someone is wrong but calling someone a liar seems rather over the edge. You may think mikec is full of **** and that's your right, but you seem to be very antagonistic and it really seems unwarranted.

** You are a very troubled person BTW. Get some help.

Your giving me a lesson about being antagonistic, in the same post you tell me to get some help? Hypocrite.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Your giving me a lesson about being antagonistic, in the same post you tell me to get some help? Hypocrite.

That was a joke/jab at mikec. The **** was supposed to be like a legend. I was fixing it and adding the :p to make it a more obvious joke when you posted.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Where do I claim I want a higher resolution? (and was it for my device? Or was I commenting on another one?

Lets reword your statement:

some threads you claim you want higher resolution
vs

And what threads?

How is it "strange"? You are implying I contradict myself. Complete your argument.

Then there's that part about me saying "it doesn't really matter", which is only part of it:

Actually, lets reword your original statement when you said.....
Show me the threads where I say, I personally, must have a higher resolution on my device.

Because I never said that. Becareful trying to reword my statements when you got them so very wrong to begin with.

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
So is it about time for the Mods to lock this thread down? The last 30 pages have been nothing but a pissing contest between a few people, with the occasional additional quote from Surur as if nothing else was going on. I enjoyed the humor of it for awhile, but there's only so much of calling each other a lier back and forth before it gets really old.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Actually, lets reword your original statement when you said.....

Because I never said that. Becareful trying to reword my statements when you got them so very wrong to begin with.
Oh you are not getting out of this that easily...

(1) How is my rewording incorrect? Did I ever attribute a quote to you or did I paraphrase?
(2) What then was your original intent of the statement? To prove what?
(3) What threads are you referring to anyways?
(4) What devices are we talking about?
(5) Why is it strange?

Finally, how do these statements differ:

"some threads you claim you want higher resolution"

vs

So which threads do "I claim I want a higher resolution"?

As far as rewording, take your own advice then:

... and here you say it really doesn't matter though.
Where did I ever say "it really doesn't matter"?

Show me that one.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
So is it about time for the Mods to lock this thread down? The last 30 pages have been nothing but a pissing contest between a few people, with the occasional additional quote from Surur as if nothing else was going on. I enjoyed the humor of it for awhile, but there's only so much of calling each other a lier back and forth before it gets really old.

To make everybody's life easier I will bow out from posting here. This way you can all post away about the iPhone and its lacking features. Hopefully, they will be based in reality, and truthful.

Edit*. Mal, look back about five or six pages ago. I quoted you in there, and asked for your reasoning. You never responded. Its the same thing I'm asking now.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Edit*. Mal, look back about five or six pages ago. I quoted you in there, and asked for your reasoning. You never responded. Its the same thing I'm asking now.
Okay, found it. Lets look at the facts:

(1) You found one thread. Singular not plural.
(2) I was critiquing the Kaiser, not my current device
(3) I make no mention of me wanting higher resolution for myself, just a critique of the Kaiser (It's GSM after all and I'm Sprint).

Interesting, your posted this on another forum.....

You seem to wanted a higher res. screen here.

Lets look at the entire relevant quote (Mobileman edited to fit his point):
I think the Kaiser is really a great device. The camera is fantastic and the specs are all there (could use a higher rez screen though). As I've said dozens of times...too bad this isn't the Sprint Mogul. :thumbsdn:

So somehow, I seem to be contradicting myself, even though after I critique one aspect I then praise the device and mention how I wish Sprint was getting it. :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to say, Mobileman was, if not lying, certainly reading into things and forcing his own interpretation.

Yes, higher resolution screens are nice. No, for myself, they are not a priority. If they were, as I maintained, I would use my higher-rez 6700, 650 or Moto Q.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Okay, found it. Lets look at the facts:

(1) You found one thread. Singular not plural.
(2) I was critiquing the Kaiser, not my current device
(3) I make no mention of me wanting higher resolution for myself, just a critique of the Kaiser (It's GSM after all and I'm Sprint).

Lets look at the entire relevant quote (Mobileman edited to fit his point):

So somehow, I seem to be contradicting myself, even though after I critique one aspect I then praise the device and mention how I wish Sprint was getting it. :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to say, Mobileman was, if not lying, certainly reading into things and forcing his own interpretation.

Yes, higher resolution screens are nice. No, for myself, they are not a priority. If they were, as I maintained, I would use my higher-rez 6700, 650 or Moto Q.

I know I said I will stop posting here, but I must defend myself to this type of crazy attack from Mally. Simple as this....

1. You claim that higher resolutions dont really matter on cell phones.
2. I see in a different thread, you previewed the Kaiser and claimed you would like to see a higher resolution.

These two things clearly contradict each other. So call me a liar, all you want Mally, but your own words contradict.

EDIT*. I also find it funny that you claim I edited your quote to fit my point, but you just make up a quote and claim it was from me. Funny stuff Mally.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Higher resolutions may not matter on a cel phone, but when looking at a device and weighing the costs and placement in the market, I might demand a high-res screen on a $600 phone and be very happy with a much smaller screen on something that costs $100. Context.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I know I said I will stop posting here, but I must defend myself to this type of crazy attack from Mally. Simple as this....

1. You claim that higher resolutions dont really matter on cell phones.
2. I see in a different thread, you previewed the Kaiser and claimed you would like to see a higher resolution.

These two things clearly contradict each other. So call me a liar, all you want Mally, but your own words contradict.
You want it to be a contradiction, but unless you can't comprehend I said this earlier today, without being provoked to defend my views on resolution:
For myself, resolution is not a huge deal. Higher is nicer but it really comes down to what you use the device for: media/entertainment or email/business/PIM.
You responded to that quote (#2548) so you obviously did read it.

How is that contradictory?
(1) Resolution for myself, not a big deal. The fact I use a 240x240 device attests to this statement.
(2) Higher resolution is nice, but it's up to the users vs. their needs

Yes, most cell phones i.e. from the razrs up to some smart-devices, don't need that a high resolution. It's nice, but for just reading email and PIM, not huge.

But for an entertainment device ala iPhone, higher resolution is more relevant.

Continue to defend...:rolleyes:

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
You want it to be a contradiction, but unless you can't comprehend I said this earlier today, without being provoked to defend my views on resolution:

You responded to that quote (#2548) so you obviously did read it.

How is that contradictory?
(1) Resolution for myself, not a big deal. The fact I use a 240x240 device attests to this statement.
(2) Higher resolution is nice, but it's up to the users vs. their needs

Yes, most cell phones i.e. from the razrs up to some smart-devices, don't need that a high resolution. It's nice, but for just reading email and PIM, not huge.

But for an entertainment device ala iPhone, higher resolution is more relevant.

Continue to defend...:rolleyes:

nah. I stand by my statement. I would also ask for in the future you don't make up quotes and claim they are from me.

I will leave now, and let the iPhone bashers have free run on doing their thing. I will miss Sururs posts though. They are kind of funny/

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
so long

So long, mobileman, and thanks for all the fish.

I see your twistings brought a little reply from Mal and braj. Suck not to be able to get away with it, doesn't it?

Braj, I got the joke/jab, and now my fragile little self-esteem has been trampled and ruined forever.
You heartless monster (sniff, sniff).

:)

And don't lock the thread...it's well on it's way to being the number on thread of all time at TC, which is rather ironic.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Braj, I got the joke/jab, and now my fragile little self-esteem has been trampled and ruined forever.
You heartless monster (sniff, sniff).

I'm a real beast!

I wonder how long it will take for mobileman to start posting in this thread again (not counting his last couple posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73