10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Lie

A clear lie.

An outright lie.

MikeC, admit it, you have never used an iPhone.

Two-handed is not a lie. "For the most part" is the piece you miss. And didn't that other fellow (vint?) just imply such? If it was so easy to use one handed, I think more people would be weighing in on this.

Please explain how you pinch to zoom with one hand? (unless you iPhone is laying on another surface.)

Please stop saying things are lies when they are soooooo obvious.

Find that Jornada 560 receipt yet?

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Please do not presume to know what I prefer. I already replied to ollie's post. You can comment on that it you like.

No need for me to presume anything. Your own words reveal your lies. My favorite....

I don't know what sites you vists and what your definition of browsing is, but doing it one handed is awkward and not easily doable.

Maybe I am using a different iPhone than you are. Just amazing that you posted garbage like this.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Thats how I remember I had one. Why is that amazing? Dont think I ever owned any other HP but the 568. We shall see when I find my receipt though. Will you be big enough to admit you are wrong, or will you claim I photoshopped it? Could it possibly be I had my jornada, a few weeks before somebody else on the brighthand board got theirs?

So now it's a Jornada 568. Sounds good. Show the receipt from J&R and prove your point that you had it on 9/11 (which was never my point; that still between 5 and 6 years ago, not 8).

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Please explain how you pinch to zoom with one hand? (unless you iPhone is laying on another surface.)

Please stop saying things are lies when they are soooooo obvious.

Find that Jornada 560 receipt yet?

Ok buddy, I will explain how I zoom. I just do a quick double tap on any place on the screen I want to zoom on. It zooms in perfectly. Each post reveals more and more that you have never used an iPhone.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
So now it's a Jornada 568. Sounds good. Show the receipt from J&R and prove your point that you had it on 9/11 (which was never my point; that still between 5 and 6 years ago, not 8).

You are correct, I think it was a 560. But we will know when I find the receipt. I didnt buy it on 9/11, I bought it before 9/11. I was carrying it that day. I should have the receipt someplace at home. If I'm wrong I will admit to it. I don't think I am though. Will you now admit you lied about ever trying an iPhone as your posts prove?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
The Mogul has a scroll wheel.

Surur

D-pad, scroll wheels...I think someone once said "they're all the same to me. :)

I forget about the scroll wheel - it's been a while since i had a device with one.

I guess i just stick navigation tool that is staring me in the face.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Its funny how you can have 8 GB and not have space for more than a week's worth of text messages...

- Text Messaging Memory...

nin1974 08-06-2007 09:56

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text Messaging Memory...

I love everything about my iPhone except acouple of little things. 1 is the seemingly small Text message memory. I text a lot and seem to get the "Text Memory is full please delete" message in around 5-7 days. I don't mind deleting to free up space but it seems to fill up quickly.
Does anyone know how much memory is given to storing Text Messaging? :confused:
Do you think a firmware upgrade could expand it? :confused:
Will Apple expand it? :confused:

$$$JayC$$$ 08-06-2007 10:23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that sux dude...

haven't heard anything yet about firmware updates

Arden 08-06-2007 13:10

you must really text alot, i have a ton of messages in there and never got that warning. its definitely possible to expand it via a software update, its a matter of just allocating more memory to the texting function. whether they will do that i dont know.

DJMeowMixxx 08-06-2007 16:44

i got that too and for some reason i dont know my text message count.

but i loved that my 8525 never gave me that message...i had like over 3000 total messages and it never said full... but it did make my 8525 run a little slower.

Zorn 08-06-2007 18:10

Could they expand it? Yes. Will they? No. I also miss the ability to save more than 5 text messages, my BlackBerry kept like 6 months worth of texts with no problem.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1216590

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
He did say "rendering". Its strange how you have a problem with that, but not about Mikes mistakes and clear lies.

We can quibble over the defn of display, rendering, etc. all day.

I have repeated said the sites look nice, and the navigation is an issue. There are some "rendering" issues, but again, that is not the main point.

I'm sorry to use big words that confuse you MM.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I'm relatively sure it swivels, and insiders who saw it say the same. I think it has a trackball below the screen (that red dot) and probably uses the touchflo-type screen of the HTC Touch.
That would make sense. I guess they might just have left the speaker you place next to ear off of the mock up. If it really doesn't have one though that's one incredibly niche device.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
We can quibble over the defn of display, rendering, etc. all day.

I have repeated said the sites look nice, and the navigation is an issue. There are some "rendering" issues, but again, that is not the main point.

I'm sorry to use big words that confuse you MM.

Ok tough guy, please explain exactly what you mean here...
I don't know what sites you vists and what your definition of browsing is, but doing it one handed is awkward and not easily doable.

Please educate us all. I never use two hands when I browse. Are you saying that browsing on the iPhone is too difficult for you?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
You are correct, I think it was a 560. But we will know when I find the receipt. I didnt buy it on 9/11, I bought it before 9/11. I was carrying it that day. I should have the receipt someplace at home. If I'm wrong I will admit to it. I don't think I am though. Will you now admit you lied about ever trying an iPhone as your posts prove?

"You are correct" Ahhh....as Cartman says "Say it again, yes....again"

Not an apology, but close enough.

I never said you bought it on 9/11 - you "had" it. That was what you posted, that you had it on 9/11. So you (supposedly) had it before then.

JFC, can you even read?

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
That would make sense. I guess they might just have left the speaker you place next to ear off of the mock up. If it really doesn't have one though that's one incredibly niche device.

I would hope thats a trackball and not one of those little mouse pointers you find on laptops. No real pictures this close to release though is a little strange.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
"You are correct" Ahhh....as Cartman says "Say it again, yes....again"

Not an apology, but close enough.

I never said you bought it on 9/11 - you "had" it. That was what you posted, that you had it on 9/11. So you (supposedly) had it before then.

JFC, can you even read?

I said 568, because Surur mentioned he had a 568. It was a mistake, as I think I had a 560. Now admit you lied about using an iPhone so we can all move on. By the way, quoting South Park and lying about your iPhone use is really not cool. Sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.