10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I can actually carry my Universal anywhere I go, and did for 15 months. Now if you happen to be petite... it might not work for you.

Surur

Did you carry it in one of the suitcases that you pull behind you? That thing is way to big to put in your pocket.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Did you carry it in one of the suitcases that you pull behind you? That thing is way to big to put in your pocket.

I was led to believe belt cases can be rather attractive.

maya-iphone-belt-buckle.jpg

I mean, that guy cant be ogling the iPhone owners crotch so longingly for no reason, can he?

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Ok wierdo,

1. The shoe fits because I like the iPhone? So everbody that likes the iPhone is an iPologist (another cleaver name by you. Along with surfer and sand)

2. Not sure about that, don't have time to check all your threads (but if you say so). You have definitely said you have used an iPhone alot. Please explain. Do you mean you went to an Apple store and played around with one? (when your not interviewing the apple staff about iPhone sales)

Its strange that I'm being attacked because I actually like the iPhone. It fits my needs very well. I am very satisfied. If Apple can find away to make the product better by releasing a software update, then thats great. However, I'm hard pressed to find anything I have to have at the moment that the iPhone doesnt all ready have.

Yes folks, I am an apple apologist because my iPhone doesnt need resets, I prefer actual websites to rss, I dont really need 3rd party apps, I don't use mms, Imap email is fine for me, my safari does not crash often, really like the soft keyboard, an love the high-res. screen.

Not everyone that likes the iPhone is an iPologist....just you and some others around here.

Cleaver name? Are you butchering the language again? (couldn't resist the pun).

"Don't have time to check threads" = not an excuse for falsehoods.

I have never said I owned an iPhone. I have used one for several days (borrowed from friend), and also occasionally use one when the opportunity arises. I 've had probably 40+ hours hands on, enough to know the good, the bad and the ugly. And I've even used one in the stores (many times), and even once had the staff spend close to an hour going through it (very nice folks.)

No one is attacking you due to liking the iPhone. iPologist love the martyr angle. If you were truly satisfied, you would never be on this forum - you'd be out enjoying the iPhone. Instead of feeling the need to defend it every second.

Thanks for admitting you are an apologist for Apple and the iPhone. (But not for the reasons you mention.) Acceptance is the first step.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Well, function to me means being able to carry it everywhere. How do you carry your universal, in a backpack? Needing a second "weekend phone" is not very functional. But hey, cut and paste works great for you.

Why the focus on one phone (the Universal); there are lots more out there...

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Anyway, these days my day to day phone is a bit more phone sized, much unlike the gigantic iPhone.

phonesau8.jpg

Does that thing really fit in your pocket, or were you just joking? Must be like keeping a dictionary or a paperback in there.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Anyway, these days my day to day phone is a bit more phone sized, much unlike the gigantic iPhone.

94e55d242e.jpg

Does that thing really fit in your pocket, or were you just joking? Must be like keeping a dictionary or a paperback in there.

Surur

You mean the HTC Touch. Without a usable keyboard, a low-res. screen, slow processor, no 3G. Total lack of features. How can you stand it?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You mean the HTC Touch. Without a usable keyboard, a low-res. screen, slow processor, no 3G. Total lack of features. How can you stand it?

Oh look, I copied and pasted your words. Neat, isn't it. I heard the iPhone may get this feature in 2010.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
You buy what you want. I understand $900 will buy you 2.8 inch VGA.

Surur

Not going to spend $900 on a phone. I would consider a 3.5 inch vga. Windows Mobile resolution support is kind of strange anyway. I saw screenshots of 320x320 in the emulator. Its shows the same amount of text 240x240 does.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
not really sure about that. My old Jornada 560 ran at 320x240. I think that was about 8 years ago. Not much progress.

More like 5 years ago (as surur like to say, "Exaggerate much?)

And three version of PPC ago, before MS moved to a more accomodating video model.

Lots can change...and the mobile device market is accelerating....

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
More like 5 years ago (as surur like to say, "Exaggerate much?)

And three version of PPC ago, before MS moved to a more accomodating video model.

Lots can change...and the mobile device market is accelerating....

First of all tough guy, it was longer than 5 years ago. I have been at my current job for over 5 years. I had the jornada at the job before this. So its over 5 years. Anyway, genius, I had a Casio (I think it was an e-100), before that. Guess what, it had a 320x240 screen.

Maybe MS has moved to "a more accomodating video model" (whatever the heck that means), but most of their devices still have the same old, tired resolution.

EDIT * Just checked it out, I got my Casio e-100 in 1999. And I remember I had my Jornada with me on 9/11/01. So that atleast 6 years ago on the jornada, and 8 years on the Casio. Still same old resolution though.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You pays your money, you takes your choices. I have been VGA since 2004, and will go 800x480 by the end of the year. Half-VGA is a yawn.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
First of all tough guy, it was longer than 5 years ago. I have been at my current job for over 5 years. I had the jornada at the job before this. So its over 5 years. Anyway, genius, I had a Casio (I think it was an e-100), before that. Guess what, it had a 320x240 screen.

Maybe MS has moved to "a more accomodating video model" (whatever the heck that means), but most of their devices still have the same old, tired resolution.

EDIT * Just checked it out, I got my Casio e-100 in 1999. And I remember I had my Jornada with me on 9/11/01. So that atleast 6 years ago on the jornada, and 8 years on the Casio. Still same old resolution though.

Maybe you should check Wiki...the 560, which you referenced, was 10/2001, so it may be closer to 6 years, but still not 8.

You may have had a different Jornada version. I can only respond to your (generally false) assertions.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Maybe you should check Wiki...the 560, which you referenced, was 10/2001, so it may be closer to 6 years, but still not 8.

You may have had a different Jordana version. I can only respond to your (generally false) assertions.

I know, wiki is always incredible accurate. I will look for the receipt later (I bet I still have it). I bought it and J&R music world in downtown NYC. If you want, I will email you a scan of the receipt and you can admit you were wrong.

Speaking of false assertions, you claim you have spent extensive time with the iPhone, which has enabled you to deduct the iPhone is limited in its features and abilities. How much time have you spent with a device outside of the apple store?

You claim that you have visited websites that don't format well with the double tap method I mentioned. Can you please tell me the address of just one of these websites, I would very much like to try it out?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
What device are you getting? Is it the size of a small laptop like your Universal? Not very practical.

In fact it is.

htc-omni_mockup.jpg

And look, it finally has an external screen. And GPS of course. And VGA out. And HSDPA. And a 4 inch screen. And a 1/4 inch thinner than my Universal. Did I mention the 3.2 Megapixel camera? I understand they can record video these days...

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
In fact it is.

htc-omni_mockup.jpg

And look, it finally has an external screen. And GPS of course. And VGA out. And HSDPA. And a 4 inch screen. And a 1/4 inch thinner than my Universal.

Surur

Another Clamshell? How big is this thing? Do have any real pictures, not an artist mockup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR