10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I suppose that's right. My new Sprint Mogul offers EVDO which you might think is fast but the memory issues i'm experiencing can slow the phone down to a crawl.

Maybe faster isn't always better.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I suppose that's right. My new Sprint Mogul offers EVDO which you might think is fast but the memory issues i'm experiencing can slow the phone down to a crawl.

Maybe faster isn't always better.

It's not experiencing memory issues because of EVDO. :rolleyes: And faster is always better when it comes to bandwidth. What genius decided to use the slowest technology to make the device '5 years ahead' of any other phone?

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i didn't say the two were inter-connected/related. :rolleyes: re-read my post.

i'll take a stable operating system with wi-fi over a device that has memory management problems but which offers EVDO.

hey, but that's just me.

(oh, and after 12 hours the battery is down to 20% on the Mogul and the only things running on the device have been email checks on the hour and bluetooth....that's a bit scary.....now, the iPhone on the other hand...)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm

ollie,

How are you having memoory mgmt problems. I have a pidly Treo 700wx and have lots of stuff installed and a huge number of contacts, calendar and to-dos. I rarely have any memory issues.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm

edge is slow compared to evdo, and when rev a. becomes common on devices over the next year, it will be not even funny.

Wi-fi is great...it you are at a hotspot.

But generally speaking, most people are mobile (outside of home or work,no wifi) 95% of the time. And evdo would be the choice (over edge) every day and twice on Sundays.

As for stability, WM5 is pretty stable.

But I think you have mentioned resolution, which I agree with. 240x2 can be rough. I miss the 320x320 of the 700p, but I take lower resolution for increased stabilty and robustness.

I'm waiting for a 640x640 screen...that would be nice.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
ollie,

How are you having memoory mgmt problems. I have a pidly Treo 700wx and have lots of stuff installed and a huge number of contacts, calendar and to-dos. I rarely have any memory issues.

pretty funny....can you tell me what the size of your contacts and calendar and to-do's directly have to do with RAM, ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE NOT OPEN?

does your 700wx operate on WM6?

until then, and until you own and operate a Sprint Mogul, silence is golden :cool:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
edge is slow compared to evdo, and when rev a. becomes common on devices over the next year, it will be not even funny.

Wi-fi is great...it you are at a hotspot.

But generally speaking, most people are mobile (outside of home or work,no wifi) 95% of the time. And evdo would be the choice (over edge) every day and twice on Sundays.

As for stability, WM5 is pretty stable.

But I think you have mentioned resolution, which I agree with. 240x2 can be rough. I miss the 320x320 of the 700p, but I take lower resolution for increased stabilty and robustness.

I'm waiting for a 640x640 screen...that would be nice.

wow...a whole lot of nothing...thanks MikeC!

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Yaafrcsa

Ollie,

Well, now I know why you are so angry at the world...you can't even figure out how to use the Mogul properly.

I'm done being polite with you. From now on, you will be treated like the child you are.

Why do you ask if the 700wx runs WM6? Everyone knows it doesn't. You must just be getting confused with all those cell phones you buy "because you can"/I held my breath until mommy and daddy gave me money to go buy one.

SAND.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Revolutionary iPhone makes no sense...

- iphone's "make's no sense" thread....

katra 08-02-2007 01:27 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iphone's "make's no sense" thread....

just to start off....

I can delete a pic from my camara roll but i cant from my albums??? makes no sense.

I can delete a movie, but not a song??? makes no sense.

I can type in landscape mode on safari, but no where else?? makes no sense.

Playing a song is loud...but eveything else isn't?? makes no sense.

I can delete any sms message i want ..but i cant delete any call that i want?? makes no sense.

My pre-installed wallpaper looks super sharp and clear..but my cutomed ones dont??? (and yes i did re-size them correctly).....makes no sense.

these are just a few my friends..... if you have any, please post..:tounge:

iPhobos 08-02-2007 01:45 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the landscape typing thing was wierd, espcially since I have developed a two handed typing method with my thumbs online.

Not being able to delete pics from the user created folders is a little strange but understandable but still they are pictures that you placed on your phone.

The video thing is stated as being a space saver and thats why you can delete movies but then why wouldnt they do it for music

katra 08-02-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhobos (Post 70245)
I thought the landscape typing thing was wierd, espcially since I have developed a two handed typing method with my thumbs online.

Not being able to delete pics from the user created folders is a little strange but understandable but still they are pictures that you placed on your phone.

The video thing is stated as being a space saver and thats why you can delete movies but then why wouldnt they do it for music

yeah maybe ...but i was able to delete anything i wanted on my treo....and the treo was not a "revolutionary" phone. know what i mean...:wink:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/iphones-makes-no-sence-thread-7713.html

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
For a phone that features YouTube so prominently, it sure does not work very well. WM Treo's can view any YouTube link these days (Thx Zbop!!!) Maybe we should have a YouTube icon displayed prominently too?

- - youtube doesn't work from web links?
lootzki 08-04-2007 03:19

youtube doesn't work from web links?

So I'm on digg, and I click on a link that automatically launches the youtube player... But it hasn't worked once. Says it can't play it.

Anybody else?

jwmcgee1 08-04-2007 03:38

I have had the same problem.

plessdude 08-04-2007 03:45

If it is linking to regular YouTube it will not work. The YouTube on the phone was converted by Apple to h.264. YouTube the actual site uses Flash which is not supported on the iPhone

theantidote 08-04-2007 04:47

They only encode a fraction of their videos in H.264 so many of the newer ones you'll see on Digg haven't been encoded yet and therefore are not in the Youtube App's library.

CydeWeyz 08-04-2007 07:04

If you haven't encoded anything to h.264 yet, try. You'll see that it takes significantly longer than anything else. With the library youtube has, we'll be lucky to see a 100% conversion anytime this year.

lootzki 08-05-2007 05:32

yeah i meant when you click on a youtube link on a site somewhere... the iPhone automatically is supposed to play that video in built-in youtube player - but it hasn't worked, not even once.

kinda bums me out. meh.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1215436

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
More legendary built quality issues.

- - Will Apple replace my iPhone?

pyn 08-03-2007 02:03 PM

Will Apple replace my iPhone?

I've been trying for 3 days to place a reservation for the Genius Bar [keeps telling me everything's booked???]

I was wondering if Apple would replace my iPhone for these problems...

1. Polka dots
2. Backlight leakage into stripes above the screen & the speaker
3. Edges of the glass not flush with some corners [the whole face is slightly slanted]
4. Black plastic slightly bulging outwards [won't stay flush with the aluminum cover]
5. Not impressive battery life [probably subjective]
6. Not bright enough backlight [probably subjective also]

Thanks!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337123

Surur

ScandaLeX

Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
- - Will Apple replace my iPhone?

Hell, I wondered if they'd replace my iPod. Instead of waiting on a genius bar reservation, I just went straight to one of their stores. It was replaced in less than 10 minutes.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
In simple functionality, iPhone owned by a Razr again...

RonAnnArbor

Text message alert is barely audible and unchangeable
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 5:15 PM Reply Email

As a doctor, I have relied on text messages (instead of carrying a pager)to get my medical pages for the past 5 years. The text message alert for the iPhone has 3 problems: 1) it is so soft and brief that you are sure to miss the message if the phone is more than a few feet from you or if you are in a slightly noisy environment, 2) it can not be changed, and 3) there is no mechanism for "reminder" alerts that would allow you to catch the message a few minutes later, if you missed it the first time.

My Razr phone did all of this with ease, and I imagine that every high end phone does it, except for the iPhone. I have met many people who rely on getting their text messages promptly who have the same complaint about the iPhone.

If you share the same concern, please join me in giving feedback to Apple about this issue. Go to www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html. Ask them to come up with a software upgrade for this problem.

PC Windows XP

Matt Kulka

Re: Text message alert is barely audible and unchangeable
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 6:01 PM in response to: Pakz Reply Email

Same boat. Completely agree.

2.4Ghz LED-Backlit ProBook Mac OS X (10.4.10)

MartySD

Posted: Aug 2, 2007 6:09 PM in response to: Pakz Reply Email

You are absolutely correct. I too, rely on being able to hear an alert when a text message comes in. I've already submitted feedback on the subject too. This is the only area where my miserable V3i Razr was superior.

This is a critical fix for Apple.

Cheers,
Marty

Mac OS X (10.4.10)

rkkeller

Posted: Aug 3, 2007 6:30 AM in response to: Pakz Reply Email

Add me too. For a phone the iPhone is barely usable for me due to the volume. I find myself missing emails and sms as I cant hear the alerts.

I now carry the iPhone in a top shirt pocket almost 100% of the time as thats the only way I can hear any notifications.

Dell E1705

M. R.

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 4:16 AM in response to: Pakz Reply Email

completely agree and I wrote Apple already several feedbacks about it.
Hopefully you guys do as well.
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=5062752#5062752

MacBookPro 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM Mac OS X (10.4.10)
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1067058&tstart=0

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
That update 1.01 really went flawlessly, didn't it...

xclusiveplayer

Blame AT&T network or Iphone and 1.01 update for missed calls ?
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 12:13 AM Reply Email

Recently I've been missing allot of calls because my Iphone did not ring when someone calls. I have to turn on my phone and check it to see if there are any missed calls. It took me two calls from my home phone to make the phone ring? Can this be blamed on the ATT poor signals or Iphone? Could it also be the 1.01 update (killed my WIFI) that?s causing this?

Asus

Ausmus-11

Re: Blame AT&T network or Iphone and 1.01 update for missed calls ?
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 12:27 AM in response to: xclusiveplayer Reply Email

You have to turn on your iPhone to see if there are any missed calls? This doesn't make sense to me.

What you need to do is turn on your iPhone so you don't miss any calls. Sound to me that you are saying your iPhone is turned off. Well, I don't think you will ever hear it ring with it turned off.

joker20

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 3:47 AM in response to: xclusiveplayer Reply Email

why are you turning off the phone?

macbook Choose

mikeab

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 4:05 AM in response to: xclusiveplayer Reply Email

I have also noticed that when I am on the phone I do not get an indication that another call is also coming in and subsequently it is only after my call is complete to I then get an indication that another call had come in.

I have my call waiting set on which should signal me that a caller is on the line. If I knew this was the case I might put the first caller on hold and answer the second call.

Come to think of it, since I purchased the phone on Saturday, June 30th, I have never been signaled that a call is waiting.

mikeab

Sony Choose iPhone (8G), Treo 650,

mikeab

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 5:07 AM in response to: xclusiveplayer Reply Email

I should have added that I never had the situation where a second call was coming in and not knowing it. This included the two years with my Treo 650 on AT&T and my previous phones, all with AT&T spanning a period in excess of 12 years.

I think/speculate that this may be a glitch in the iPhone.

mikeab

Sony Windows XP iPhone (8G), Treo 650,

RonAnnArbor

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 5:50 AM in response to: mikeab Reply Email

Might already be stating the obvious - but - did you reset your iPhone after you did your updates?

The phone needs to be turned off and back on every couple days to let it re-acquire a clean signal and to clean out the mess it creates over time.

Mac OS X (10.4.10) Macbook Pro -- iPhone

Masque

Posted: Aug 5, 2007 6:11 AM in response to: xclusiveplayer Reply Email

First, if the update "killed your Wifi", you should probably have that looked at. This is not a normal thing. Get that looked at, then worry about everything else.

Until that can happen, realize that any time you're transferring data over EDGE you're unable to receive calls.

17" MBP C2D Mac OS X (10.4.10) iPhone! :)
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1069770&tstart=0

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
interesting comment from one of Surur's paste jobs

"I too, rely on being able to hear an alert when a text message comes in. I've already submitted feedback on the subject too. This is the only area where my miserable V3i Razr was superior."

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm...

A razr is a high endp phone? Aren't they giving those away in every box of cereal these days?

I guess $600 doesn't buy you the same functions as a $20 prepaid phone you can pick up at Radio Shack.

The other post about it being a beta phone...deja vu all over again, like the Treo 600.

It is amazing that a company of Apple's size and resources missed so many basic things in the iPhone 0.95B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73