10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
That isnt the fee i will be charged though. Reread that thread again, the data rates are disclosed on ATTs website. What's funny is that with an international roaming data plan i'll pay far less than the Europeans on the same network :D

International Data Global Plan for iPhone
For just an additional $24.99 per month, iPhone customers may add a Data Global Plan to their existing domestic data plan and receive 20MB of data usage in 29 countries, including Canada, China, Mexico and many additional countries in Europe/Asia. Overage rate is $.005/KB. Outside the 29 discounted countries, the data usage rate is $.0195/KB

**AT&T also imposes a Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee of up to $1.25 to help defray its costs incurred in complying with obligations and charges imposed by State and Federal telecom regulation, a gross receipts surcharge, and State and Federal Universal Service charges. The Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee is not a tax or a government-required

Sorry, but $0.005 x 1000 = about $5 per megabyte. Your first 20 MB may cost you $25, but the next will cost you $100.
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp

Surur

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
ferniesp said:
You hit it right on the head with this one. I agree with you 100%. Once the newness or honeymoon is over, the phone really is not that big of a deal. Over time, once the crowds around you gets smaller, the less appeal the phone has. Still, I get separation anxiety when I see the commercials on tv. Maybe you can agree with me that when you are at a dinner table with friends and family, once the demonstration is over....you sort of feel like....ok...what now?
Some of us were lucky enough to get to this point while still in the Apple store. More people will pay $60 dollars to get past this point (after their return/re-stocking fee). Even more will pay $2000+ over 23 months wishing they'd made a more timely decision in the first month. Some will be satisfied for the entire time...and take a defensive stance regarding their high-priced purchase on boards like this one. ;)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Luck with products can be a weird thing.

I had 3 MP3 players of the same brand and model go bad in one month and they should have been good, according to reviews(plus I liked them a lot). Got 3 exchanges from Best Buy and praying the 4th one works. Sometimes you get unlucky with one model, but others are the best for you.

You have reported on so many toys that I do not know how you can keep the experiences separate in your head.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Surur must not work. Either that or he has been commissioned by Microsoft to scour the internet in search of upset iPhone owners. He has drastically increased the hits on iPhone sites. Or he could just need to get a life.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Apple just released firmware 1.0.1. So far reported benefits are increased volume, and no safari crashes while listening to music. The official change log is merely "bug fixes."

Within a month of release....very nice. Hopefully a sign of things to come (regular updates).

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Like I said, with no carriers in the way and delivery via iTunes, this is exactly what you would expect them to do.

Any less would be unacceptable.

C'mon, when someone does a good job, say 'good job!' MAybe not beyond expectations, but it is good that they did meet them :)

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
C'mon, when someone does a good job, say 'good job!' MAybe not beyond expectations, but it is good that they did meet them :)
lol, as if they don't get enough praise, they have to have mine too? :p

Look, I always said the deal they got with AT&T (full distribution rights, no branding, no carrier software, no carrier approval, direct access to updates, etc.) is highly envious and kudos to Apple for getting all of that from AT&T.

The current design of the carrier/OEM relationship for every other OEM though is nothing like what Apple has. Trust me, the Apple way is the preferred route by a long shot. I'm just dubious carriers will surrender to other OEMs. Pure shame. Carriers should be ISPs and nothing more.

The only glimmer of hope is Sprint and Wimax which is going to be an "open" system...that may finally change things for the better. Till then, you have Apple & AT&T.

(I do question though that this fixes "bugs" as opposed to security issues...so far it just seems to be latter, but we'll see as more info comes out)

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Security issues are bugs actually. They do security testing, looking for security 'bugs'.
Oh I know, but I was using it in the generic differentiation: crashes vs. security ("bugs" vs "exploits"), etc. But right, techncially they are all bugs.

Others are reporting that MobileSafari is more stable though...so they seemed to have done more than just security fixes.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
well, i'm sure i'll be in the minority once again but i'm happy to report that the firmware update just took one button press and an entire minute or so to complete. the earpiece speaker volume is noticeably louder and i'm pleased.

nice job, Apple

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
well, i'm sure i'll be in the minority once again but i'm happy to report that the firmware update just released took one button press and an entire minute or so to complete. the earpiece speaker volume is noticeably louder and i'm pleased.

nice job, Apple

Amazingly the update worked like a charm on my iPhone. Contrast this to many of Treo 700P users and their recent update experience.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i had just jumped off of a call with a friend in new york who wasn't as clear and loud as a call i received after the update. there were two differences and perhaps causing the difference: one person was out on the city streets and the other in their home. regardless, the volume of the voice on the second call seemed much more loud than i'm used to hearing on most any other call. wishful thinking perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative