10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Its funny how you and Surur post in here plently, and you don't even own an iPhone. You spend your free time on a message board for a phone you don't even own. And you call me sad?

By the way Mally, I never said "Silly, stupid, and sad" like you quoted me.

Maybe we are here because we want to watch as the iPhone evolves, and get one when it fits our needs.

But you already have a perfect device (for you), so why are you here? Once I stopped having issues/didn't need more info with my Treo (the 700wx is in "good enough" mode right now), my posts on Treo forums declined a lot.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
be carefull Mike, Mally might not like the amount of posts your accumulating here. He has taken it upon himself to comment on post counts.

It's a free forum (as in freedom of speech, just watch what you say), so comment away.

Unlike you, I'm not seeing assaults to my self-esteem in every post.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Maybe we are here because we want to watch as the iPhone evolves, and get one when it fits our needs.

Or, like in your case, you want to complain when people have different opinions than yours. Either way, it's odd that Mally complained that I post here frequently and didn't comment on the frequent posts of people that have negative iPhone views. I also think a person with over 2200 posts should never comment on how often another person posts. That was my point MikeC. I'm sure you will have an intelligent, positive response.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Or, like in your case, you want to complain when people have different opinions than yours. Either way, it's odd that Mally complained that I post here frequently and didn't comment on the frequent posts of people that have negative iPhone views. I also think a person with over 2200 posts should never comment on how often another person posts. That was my point MikeC. I'm sure you will have an intelligent, positive response.
Like usual, you miss the point: :rolleyes:

Those who have "negative iPhone views" who frequently post here are on-topic for this thread and don't consider it a waste of time.

The 3 or 4 of you who own iPhones who post here just can't bare the criticisms and think this thread is essentially inane, yet you continue to post, responding to everything Surur posts. Ollie can never stay away for more than 48 hours, evidently neither can you.

This has nothing to do with "number of posts" but rather the legitimacy of this thread. If I think a thread is silly, dumb or a waste of time, I don't post there. You evidently see value in this thread, hence why you post.

Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of my posts are from the 650/700wx forums where I actually post useful tips and programs for people. This is just an entertaining thread but hardly my main focus.

Once again though you resort immediately to just personal attacks. I post a single link to a humor site to add levity, addressed to no one here, and I get:

A bad day for both Malatesta and Surur, first the krsnet garbage, and now this.
Poor mobileman, can't even take a joke-site. You actually defended yourself against parody :thumbsup:

Anyways, I'm done responding to you. Moving on...

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Lighten up man, it's a humor site, not Cnet :rolleyes:

For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...Plus I love how personal you all take iPhone criticisms. Hilarious.

I think we know who's the sad one here...:p

oh no, i stopped taking this place seriously a long time ago.

Mal, i respond to everything? only myself and Mobileman? again, like you say, more funny stuff....you're absolutely right, "it's a humor site."

i take iPhone criticisms personally? hardly. do i find some of Surur's posts just absolutely stupid? sure, i'm sure many do......trying to suggest that the keyboard/predictive text are problematic because "krsnet" isn't correctible without using the backspace/delete key?

enough of the garbage

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
This guy is comparing the iPhone to the nokia E70. I had the unfortunate luck to experience first hand what a piece of garbage this phone is. For those that dont know, it's a series 60 device with a terrible, evil, fold out keyboard. It has a tiny little screen (i think 2.2). How anybody can list web browsing on this device as one of its strengths is crazy.

A bad day for both Malatesta and Surur, first the krsnet garbage, and now this.

It's nowhere near a piece of garbage! I have one and it's an excellent phone! Very well made and solid.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
To get back to topics worth discussing, my iphone cannot display that animated gif.

I do recall that somewhere on apple's website (perhaps in the developer section) they did provide maximum sizes for things like pages, bitmaps, etc. I don't recall what they were, but I will try to locate them. I assume it is due to RAM limitations.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
To get back to topics worth discussing, my iphone cannot display that animated gif.

I do recall that somewhere on apple's website (perhaps in the developer section) they did provide maximum sizes for things like pages, bitmaps, etc. I don't recall what they were, but I will try to locate them. I assume it is due to RAM limitations.

I actually speculated this when the 10 MB limit was announced. The iPhone is clearly not the best weapon to bring to a Gif war thread?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713

This one is a present to Oalvarez, to use whenever keyboard bugs gets brought up.

warfgif.gif

Of course not being able to cut and paste he would have to memorize the URL when on the iPhone ...

BTW, that gif displays fine on my WM device with only 3.7 MB RAM free, and uses only 1.5 MB to actually display.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Those who have "negative iPhone views" who frequently post here are on-topic for this thread and don't consider it a waste of time.

The 3 or 4 of you who own iPhones who post here just can't bare the criticisms and think this thread is essentially inane, yet you continue to post, responding to everything Surur posts. Ollie can never stay away for more than 48 hours, evidently neither can you.

Its so pathetic when somebody tries to explain why his posts are more important than yours. Mally, you need to get over yourself. These arn't your message boards. Though you may have thousands of posts, your not special.

Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of my posts are from the 650/700wx forums where I actually post useful tips and programs for people. This is just an entertaining thread but hardly my main focus.

I feel sorry for anybody that has wasted thousands of posts on a device like the 700wx.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
this is all fine and dandy but please tell me why I should care whether or not i can see the animated gif?

It's a legitimate concern. Some websites rely on animated gifs, which can be large, and one supposed (and actual!) advantage of iphone is its ability to render websites. It's legitimate to point out the bounds of this advantage.

Of course, if I have to choose between WM so i can see these gifs, or iphone so i can see all the other websites it renders so much better, I pick iphone :)

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Here's the kicker - it depends which browser I use. The magic of an open development system....

Surur

which browser handles ajax properly? does said browser have other shortcomings?

(I'd rather have one solution that works than 10 that don't, given the choice.)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
this is all fine and dandy but please tell me why I should care whether or not i can see the animated gif?

Oalvarez, I believe we have established that iPhone users in general demand very little, so if you did not care about the other deficiencies I would hardly expect you to care about this. I however, would have noticed, as I visit that site regularly, and they have perfected animated gif's to an art form.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
It's a legitimate concern. Some websites rely on animated gifs, which can be large, and one supposed (and actual!) advantage of iphone is its ability to render websites. It's legitimate to point out the bounds of this advantage.

Of course, if I have to choose between WM so i can see these gifs, or iphone so i can see all the other websites it renders so much better, I pick iphone :)

which websites? the websites i visit function as they should (cnn, cbs marketwatch, espn..whatever). so i suppose for me it's not a concern until i try and visit a website as you describe. Surur on the other hand apparently likes to visit websites with "animated gifs." interesting to say the least.

not important to me for the moment.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
which browser handles ajax properly? does said browser have other shortcomings?

(I'd rather have one solution that works than 10 that don't, given the choice.)

Well, to give you an idea, google maps runs on opera mobile for example.

With every browser there is a trade of, and mobilesafari is far from exempt.

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.