10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?

Not sure what you mean. If I don't want to use the words that the iPhone is predicting, I don't need to.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Do you really think this is the only corner case for this keyboard? This is an illustration of a problem, not the whole of the problem. Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?

I could do a hundred posts about the iPhone crashing, but thats been done to death already, hasn't it?

Surur

I don't think Apple "made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted" intentionally. That's NOT the way the keyboard works in any other case (you'd know that if you ever used one.)

If I type "dsm" it might suggest "sand" but it does NOT lock me into typing "d" next. If I type absolute nonsense it doesn't start locking out keys to force me to type the only keys that fall into its dictionary.

Whatever is going on here appears to be some weird bug, not something intentional.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur, I'm surprised you haven't posted this yet :D

"The iPhone is a piece of :censored:, and so is your face."

I badly wanted to post some of those gifs but...maybe not appropriate :eek:

Well.. I've heard iPhone users can not view big gif's like this. Is this true? Any of our iPhone owners want to test it?

499867192_5b8dea6a2a_o.gif

Animated GIFs

kaje 07-30-2007 21:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated GIFs

Apparently animated gifs that are larger than approximately 200kb do not animate on the iPhone.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1212414

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Surur, I'm surprised you haven't posted this yet :D

"The iPhone is a piece of :censored:, and so is your face."

I badly wanted to post some of those gifs but...maybe not appropriate :eek:

This guy is comparing the iPhone to the nokia E70. I had the unfortunate luck to experience first hand what a piece of garbage this phone is. For those that dont know, it's a series 60 device with a terrible, evil, fold out keyboard. It has a tiny little screen (i think 2.2). How anybody can list web browsing on this device as one of its strengths is crazy.

A bad day for both Malatesta and Surur, first the krsnet garbage, and now this.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Lighten up man, it's a humor site, not Cnet :rolleyes:

For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...Plus I love how personal you all take iPhone criticisms. Hilarious.

I think we know who's the sad one here...:p

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
In this case, the appropriate letters are disabled by the iPhone's predictive software. I would call that a usability bug.

Surur

It's a bug, but you are mischaracterizing its nature. It is not disabling the letter because it thinks you don't mean to type it. The keyboard NEVER does that. It is disabling it because something is screwed up. Perhaps a bad character in its dictionary. Perhaps a random piece of bad code. Who knows.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Lighten up man, it's a humor site, not Cnet :rolleyes:

For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...

Coming from somebody with over 2200 posts! Go outside, live a little. I'm sure it would be fine if my posts agreed with your views. You and MikeC would make great friends.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
This guy is comparing the iPhone to the nokia E70. I had the unfortunate luck to experience first hand what a piece of garbage this phone is. For those that dont know, it's a series 60 device with a terrible, evil, fold out keyboard. It has a tiny little screen (i think 2.2). How anybody can list web browsing on this device as one of its strengths is crazy.

The fact you take this seriously and do not see the humor speaks volumes about you.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...Plus I love how personal you all take iPhone criticisms. Hilarious.

Its funny how you and Surur post in here plently, and you don't even own an iPhone. You spend your free time on a message board for a phone you don't even own. And you call me sad?

By the way Mally, I never said "Silly, stupid, and sad" like you quoted me.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Well, good news for the counters - we will be breaking 100 pages soon.

BTW - can your iPhone display that animated gif?

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods