10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Can it be that three of the luckiest people in the world like to post on treocentral?

You should enter the krsnet typing challenge then. Apparently some people can, and some people cant.

- Unfortunate iPhone bug...

krsnet 07-30-2007 11:41 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunate iPhone bug...

Found a weird (and unfortunate given my user name) iPhone bug. Looks like its a bug with their word/typing check function since it doesn't offer an alternate word...

Try typing my user name in any application without using the delete key: "krsnet"

Good luck with the "t"...:(

rjgonzales 07-30-2007 11:45 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try sliding your thumb over to the T rather than letting up when the R is highlighted.

ascham87 07-30-2007 11:48 AM

Still doesn't work. Not a bug per se, but unfortunate for you.

krsnet 07-30-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgonzales (Post 3979200)
Try sliding your thumb over to the T rather than letting up when the R is highlighted.

Sliding over the "t" doesn't work and reveals that you also couldn't select E, A, or D. Obviously tried that first...

None of the iPhone's at the Apple store worked either so I'm guessing there's none work...

I think it does qualify as a bug in the spell check function - when it detects a word it doesn't recognize, its supposed to offer a guess at the real word...not so here. I can't imagine a case where they would need to truly prevent the press of a letter key like this so its gotta go into the 'bug' category - not that I really want to debate semantics.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=335495

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Surur, you are above this......please say so.

who in the fak really cares if you cannot type KRSNET without hitting the delete/backspace key?

that is just plain stupid.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
You should enter the krsnet typing challenge then. Apparently some people can, and some people cant.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=335495

Surur

I guess I'm just lucky then, I have no need to type in the word "krsnet". However, if I ever need to, and it becomes a big problem, I will quickly demand my money back from apple. Surur, you are now scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

*EDIT* I tried it and it works. I can type krsnet!!!! I feel like I just won the lottery. I now know I made the right choice when I bought the iPhone.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur, you are above this......please say so.

who in the fak really cares if you cannot type KRSNET without hitting the delete/backspace key?

that is just plain stupid.

I would think krsnet does.

Funny how inflexible the keyboard is, isn't it (thats the real point BTW)

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Everytime I disagree with you, you claim I'm giving you a "hostile reply". Maybe it's all in your head. Thanks for being happy for me though.

"Is that all right with you mikeC, or do you know my needs better than I do?"

That is hostile, whether you admit or not. Not in anyone's head, but rather your words on the page.

You're welcome on being happy with it.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
"Is that all right with you mikeC, or do you know my needs better than I do?"

That is hostile, whether you admit or not. Not in anyone's head, but rather your words on the page.

You're welcome on being happy with it.

or maybe its just a simple question. Why are you so hostile? Anyway who cares, I can type "krsnet". All is right in the world.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I would think krsnet does.

Funny how inflexible the keyboard is, isn't it (thats the real point BTW)

Surur

Man, that is a bizarre bug. It actually will not let me type that "T." If you drag your finger left to right across the T, it even skips it. Very very strange. I don't know of any other situation where it disables a key. I wonder if this is a clue to some easter egg or something.

(ps: whatever the heck it is doing, happily i never have actually had to type "krsnet" :)

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Man, that is a bizarre bug. It actually will not let me type that "T." If you drag your finger left to right across the T, it even skips it. Very very strange. I don't know of any other situation where it disables a key. I wonder if this is a clue to some easter egg or something.

(ps: whatever the heck it is doing, happily i never have actually had to type "krsnet" :)

Wait, I spoke to soon. I can type krsnet in the notepad app, but I cannot in the email app. When I find the box, it has to go back. In the meantime, I will just type krs. when I need to type in krsnet. It's a terrible work around, but what are you going to do.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I guess I'm just lucky then, I have no need to type in the word "krsnet". However, if I ever need to, and it becomes a big problem, I will quickly demand my money back from apple. Surur, you are now scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

*EDIT* I tried it and it works. I can type krsnet!!!! I feel like I just won the lottery. I now know I made the right choice when I bought the iPhone.

Surur = grasping at straws. I'm embarrassed for him really.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

Its just another example of Apple knowing best (which is fine) but also not giving you any option of doing things another way (which is not).

Surur

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Wait, I spoke to soon. I can type krsnet in the notepad app, but I cannot in the email app. When I find the box, it has to go back. In the meantime, I will just type krs. when I need to type in krsnet. It's a terrible work around, but what are you going to do.

I only tried it in notepad, which is where it didn't work for me.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
no idea what sand means, besides the little pebbly stuff you find at the beach. Does this have anything to do with the weird "surfer" term you been using here when you have no reply to somebody else's post.

SALT!!!!!!

I goggled it. One meaning is apparently Steve's Amazing New Device, which is oddly appropriate.

my work around....hit the delete key then type T

so fakin silly....i still cannot believe that was posted here.

So many work arounds, isn't there...

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I cannot believe you are complaining about a workaround for typing a word that only one person in the world seems to care about.

Do you really think this is the only corner case for this keyboard? This is an illustration of a problem, not the whole of the problem. Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?

Is this all you got today?

I could do a hundred posts about the iPhone crashing, but thats been done to death already, hasn't it?

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen