10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
So you are saying the iPhone is just like every other smartphone and needs to be reset regularly?

Typical iPhoniac behaviors...when the veneer wears off, just discount the issue.

The real question is not the freezes and resets, but how quickly Apple fixes issues.

Wait, I said the iPhone needs to be reset regularly? Please show me where I said that. I havn't done one reset yet in the almost month I have had the device. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant though Mike.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Just two posts below the one you posted was a very positive review of the headset. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333971 . Why didn't you mention this one? What is your criteria for posting links? Skip the positive ones and post the negative ones?

I really don't care, I hate all Bluetooth headsets.

Actually, I hate BT headsets too. I guess we do have something in common.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
You really aren't good at communication, are you? You misconstrue what I said, I explain myself (when it should have been clear the first time had you read what I said) and then use a cheap tactic to debate by simply saying I'm 'redirecting'? Whatever dude. You have no clue.

I didn't misconstrue anything, i simply said to "spare us the life lesson." you and your cohorts are very good at labeling many other posters around here. everyone but yourself and your pally-wally's

doesn't have a clue
is retarded
is an apologist
is a fanboy (i still laugh at this one)
are not good communicators (a new favorite)
are trolls,
thread crappers,
surfers,
flamers,
baiters,
maniacal
neurotic, and
insecure..............
and most importantly.....ALWAYS WRONG! funny how that works!!!!!!

and who started this thread and why?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Wow, you have an amazing ability to be able to figure out why people post opinions, and why they like or dislike something.

Who cares if its good or not. We really want to know how its selling. Lets send in MikeC to do his regular field research at apple stores.

SAND

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Well, as always, YMMV, but I just placed two calls without any comment from the other end about me sounding funny. That was with the phone on the desk about 2 feet to my right, and the earphone in my left ear. It sounded perfectly fine at my end.

I'm not prepared to give a glowing review until I try under many other conditions (in car, outside in wind, etc.) but it definitely has better range and sounds better than my jabra.

Now, clearly this thing is not designed to allow one to roam around the house, far away from the phone. I didn't think most bluetooth earpieces were. If that's what you are expecting, forget it. The phone definitely has to be in the room with you, preferably nearby. I don't know what that logitech thing is, but i suspect it's huge? No other earpiece i've personally used allows you to move very far away.

Surur - remember what we learned about extrapolating a few complaints into "this thing sucks" :) (and I'll remember it works the other way, too).

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
I didn't misconstrue anything, i simply said to "spare us the life lesson." you and your cohorts are very good at labeling many other posters around here. everyone but yourself and your pally-wally's

doesn't have a clue
is retarded
is an apologist
are trolls,
thread crappers,
surfers,
flamers,
baiters,
maniacal
neurotic, and
insecure..............

Exactly. :thumbsup:

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
You might think you have your facts straight, but they are of course wrong. I have no problems with you except your lack of knowledge on the subject you keep posting about. Hang 10 man.

I have admitted when I was wrong (see posts to marcol). Something you are incapable of due to poor self-esteem.

But I was not wrong about the disappointment on the day ATT numbers came out. That day has passed, but it was so then.

It's a shame you are so insecure than you need to jump on me and delluded yourself.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Well, as always, YMMV, but I just placed two calls without any comment from the other end about me sounding funny. That was with the phone on the desk about 2 feet to my right, and the earphone in my left ear. It sounded perfectly fine at my end.

I'm not prepared to give a glowing review until I try under many other conditions (in car, outside in wind, etc.) but it definitely has better range and sounds better than my jabra.

Now, clearly this thing is not designed to allow one to roam around the house, far away from the phone. I didn't think most bluetooth earpieces were. If that's what you are expecting, forget it. The phone definitely has to be in the room with you, preferably nearby. I don't know what that logitech thing is, but i suspect it's huge? No other earpiece i've personally used allows you to move very far away.

Surur - remember what we learned about extrapolating a few complaints into "this thing sucks" :) (and I'll remember it works the other way, too).

is the speaker on the headset "louder" than the ear speaker on the phone?

thanks

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Wait, I said the iPhone needs to be reset regularly? Please show me where I said that. I havn't done one reset yet in the almost month I have had the device. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant though Mike.

No, you didn't say that. I asked a question.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site

doesn't have a clue
is retarded
is an apologist
are trolls,
thread crappers,
surfers,
flamers,
baiters,
maniacal
neurotic, and
insecure..............
and most importantly.....ALWAYS WRONG! funny how that works!!!!!!

<snip>

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Maybe Samkin can be my version of braj. He seems to have your back.

Thank you for admitting you need to have someone have your back.
Weak and pathetic, but at least it was admitted.

I doubt braj has my back or anyone elses. We don't need it. Most secure people don't.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for admitting you need to have someone have your back.
Weak and pathetic, but at least it was admitted.

I doubt braj has my back or anyone elses. We don't need it. Most secure people don't.

mikec is an *** and everyone knows it :p

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Your construct as the be-all-end-all metric (ex. you later mention 30 hours in reference to 1M sold).

Coco-Puffs.

Um, I hate to say this, but if you look at your post that I quoted you were the one that mentioned right after AT&T posted their activations, it was far less than the 500,000 to 1 million estimated. Obviously you were therefore implying that people estimated Apple would sell upwards of 1 million units in the first 30 hours (the length of time the iPhone was for sale in AT&Ts quarter). I have never seen these estimations on the first 30 hours, but clearly you must have. Please post your source for us all to share. Still so very hard to admit that you were wrong. Keep firing away Gordon Gekko, you market analysis is fascinating.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
IMHO, at maximum volume, it is very very loud. This may simply be because it is inside my ear. But it is definitely loud.

sounds good (no pun intended :) ).....will have to try one out, have never used a wireless earpiece but could definitely benefit from one in the car or loud places.

thanks again

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
sounds good (no pun intended :) ).....will have to try one out, have never used a wireless earpiece but could definitely benefit from one in the car or loud places.

thanks again

Never tried one that actually went in your ear before. Every one I used wraps around the ear, and always falls off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.