10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Look this is typical. You start with a flamebait post where you indirectly insult "some" apple users and now when people react you attempt to engage them into a flamewar.

Mal, you`re not fooling anybody. You`re the one creating the problems here. Why are you feigning this indignance when it was YOU who is initiating everything? How much more disingenious can a person get?

How obnoxious.

Really angry at the world, aren't ya?

I suggest you go down to the ghetto part of town and start yelling the n-word. I'm sure some people would be glad to help you with your need to fight.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
A more on topic post - even Apple's bluetooth headset sucks.

- Apple Bluetooth headset...came, saw, bought, returned.

mcdj 07-24-2007 11:02 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple Bluetooth headset...came, saw, bought, returned.

It's a shame really because the headset, the dock and the travel cable are beyond slick.

The sound is decent, but certainly not earth shattering, AND it only sounds good if you keep the phone on the same side of your body as the headset. Put the headset in your left ear and the phone in your right pocket and welcome to Static Town.

More importantly, the fit is horrible, for my ears anyway. If the standard ear buds don't fit your ears, don't even bother buying this...the fit is identically bad. With 30 seconds of putting it in my ear, I fiddled with the fit 10 times, and caught it in my hand twice as it fell out while walking.

If you're looking for a nice tiny BT headset that fits great and sounds as mediocre as the rest of the headsets on the market (except maybe for the Jawbone, which I have not/will not try due to its size), try the Samsung WEP 410...it's as small if not smaller than the Apple, equally light, and has a silicone tipped earbud a la Sennheiser CX300s.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333369

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Some people, I would never say that all or most Mac users do this, and I'm not saying it is limited to Mac users by a long shot. Just some people don't buy stuff because they need the features as much as the emblem on the back or on the hood etc. My wife is Chinese and I intimately know how much the concept of 'face' affects people's buying deciscions. It's really apparent in Chinese culture and not even denied in that community, but in the West we basically don't want to admit it, instead we use other justifications. But at the end of the day we want to be 'seen'. It's just the way it is.

Please spare us the life lesson unless you feel the need to redirect some more.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Look this is typical. You start with a flamebait post where you indirectly insult "some" apple users and now when people react you attempt to engage them into a flamewar.

Mal, you`re not fooling anybody. You`re the one creating the problems here. Why are you feigning this indignance when it was YOU who is initiating everything? How much more disingenious can a person get?

How obnoxious.
I start with a flamebait?

I "started" by responding to your post, where you say things like:
The 'doze fanboys would love to have been able to boast such a positive showing with WM smartphones on just a single carrier like this.

They can't, hence their constant displays of apple envy
So we have "apple envy", " 'doze fanboys" and then you accuse me of psychoanalyzing (which was sarcasm, hence my reference to Jack as in JackNaylor).

But your post is not flamebaiting? Is it fact?

That's where it "started", so get your facts straight. Also

(1) How did I insult "some" Apple users?
(2) Who cares if I did? I didn't make any ad-hominem attacks. Are Apple users above critique? Are you their defender?
(3) Does posting something which you disagree count as flamebaiting? My we're sensitive.

Like I said, if you have a problem with my posts take it up with a Moderator and see if they agree with you. :thumbsup: Otherwise, blow.

I think by now, your constant responses to my posts are painting you as the stalker/flamebaiter, since you just can't let...it...go.

samkim

Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
Um...apparently not.

As they say, she was right...until she was wrong (for three years straight).

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
She's been right more than she's been wrong since the early 90s. That's a pretty simple English sentence. What is it about that statement that you don't understand?

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Please spare us the life lesson unless you feel the need to redirect some more.

You really aren't good at communication, are you? You misconstrue what I said, I explain myself (when it should have been clear the first time had you read what I said) and then use a cheap tactic to debate by simply saying I'm 'redirecting'? Whatever dude. You have no clue.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
A more on topic post - even Apple's bluetooth headset sucks.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333369

Surur

To be fair there are positive reviews there as well. I liked the comment that the OP was maybe a bit fat and that is why Bt couldn't reach when in his pocket :D To me $130 is too much for something you could easily lose (and that probably will be surpassed technically in 6 months anyway). I'd go for some good wired 2 in 1 headsets myself. Spend the money on the speakers instead on the BT.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Ah Apple, welcome to the smartphone world. Good thing they have at least one button to reset the device.

"Slide To Unlock" Bar Acting Weird

HitmanX 07-23-2007 09:34 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Slide To Unlock" Bar Acting Weird

In the past few days I have noticed when I try to use the "Slide To Unlock" bar to access my phone or answer calls, sometimes it would have a big delay and not show the animation and sometimes not work at all! When it would not work I would press the button at the top and try again. I find this very anoying and I was wondering if anyone else was having these kind of problems? Thanks

ecks618 07-23-2007 09:38 AM

I had this problem as well, a simple restart fixed everything.

Cybergypsy 07-23-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HitmanX (Post 3951549)
In the past few days I have noticed when I try to use the "Slide To Unlock" bar to access my phone or answer calls, sometimes it would have a big delay and not show the animation and sometimes not work at all! When it would not work I would press the button at the top and try again. I find this very anoying and I was wondering if anyone else was having these kind of problems? Thanks

once or twice, but have it in the car hooked to mt bluetooth so really never touch it....

havok5178 07-23-2007 01:17 PM

Turn Power Off

I've been using my iPhone for about a week now and I've noticed quite a few bugs. Although I wouldn't really call most of them bugs. My opinion is that since you never really close a program, you just "minimize" it, for lack of a better term, eventually you bog the system down.

I've read anecdotes of people complaining that they were watching Lost and talking on the phone and had 5 web pages open, and couldn't figure out why it became unresponsive.

I had this slider problem too, and my best advice is to power down the iPhone every couple of days and restart it, much like you'd do with your home computer. From what I've read, and from personal experience, this seems to solve 99% of the problems. It would also help to remember that while this is an amazing phone/ipod, it is not a full fledged computer and thus, does have limitations. Remembering that will stave off loads of frustration.

S.

rriggs 07-23-2007 01:19 PM

hmmm i've been having this problem as well....

iBookG4user 07-23-2007 01:20 PM

I had this problem also, a restore fixed it.

HitmanX 07-23-2007 02:21 PM

ya a simple power down and power back up fixed the problem. But its still anoying when you are not able to answer a phone call

iBookG4user 07-23-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HitmanX (Post 3952695)
ya a simple power down and power back up fixed the problem. But its still anoying when you are not able to answer a phone call

I found that when I was at the unlock screen and it was being unresponsive like that, I would slide my finger across the slider and hit the home button. That would usually work to get it to the next screen.

lonnielove 07-23-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havok5178 (Post 3952417)
I've been using my iPhone for about a week now and I've noticed quite a few bugs. Although I wouldn't really call most of them bugs. My opinion is that since you never really close a program, you just "minimize" it, for lack of a better term, eventually you bog the system down.

I've read anecdotes of people complaining that they were watching Lost and talking on the phone and had 5 web pages open, and couldn't figure out why it became unresponsive.

I had this slider problem too, and my best advice is to power down the iPhone every couple of days and restart it, much like you'd do with your home computer. From what I've read, and from personal experience, this seems to solve 99% of the problems. It would also help to remember that while this is an amazing phone/ipod, it is not a full fledged computer and thus, does have limitations. Remembering that will stave off loads of frustration.

S.

i agree with that i think alot of people want it to do what a MAC or PC does. i think all we need now is i a cd burner built in. haha LOL.

slffl 07-23-2007 06:18 PM

I've had this too. I think it's either the memory being full or the CPU is being used by something else (maybe web pages in Safari). A reboot fixed it though.

rriggs 07-24-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slffl (Post 3953669)
I've had this too. I think it's either the memory being full or the CPU is being used by something else (maybe web pages in Safari). A reboot fixed it though.

yes, i'm thinking there is something that randomly gets hung up and eats the CPU causing one of those days where the battery is empty before leaving work!

millerrh 07-24-2007 05:30 PM

I had a similar problem. Someone called me, I went to "slide to answer" and nothing happened. The whole thing just was unresponsive and I had to restart it to get it to work.

jecapaga 07-24-2007 06:01 PM

Even more annoying when you set your phone for your alarm in the morning and the onscreen snooze button is not responsive at all and the alarm won't stop. So then I tried to swipe the phone to get the alarm to shut off and the slide bar didn't move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HitmanX (Post 3952695)

HitmanX 07-24-2007 10:18 PM

Seems like a pretty common problem. I hope apple tweaks the bar in the 1.1 firmware update. There must be a way to some how refresh the cache or something, for that particular thing. Then again I could be talking out of my ***, lol. Come on :apple: this is an important bug fix!

tooshaggy 07-24-2007 10:24 PM

mine gets funky sometimes. I just turn it off, and then back on. seems to fix it.

sbrownla 07-24-2007 10:48 PM

funny...

It's a phone that runs applications, so you have to expect that the ram is going to get clogged.

The Phone application itself is usually the most resource intensive program that any smartphone runs.

Welcome to the SmartPhone world.

Windows Mobiles do it, Symbians do it, and so do iPhones.

kilana 07-25-2007 05:40 PM

Turn iPhone On...then Off...

While this process works well, it can become quite annoying. But then again, it only takes a few seconds to "reboot" every few days, maybe even weeks for some. I can live with that....but I do hope Apple can come up with a fix for this, as well as other bugs....SOON.

fozo 07-25-2007 07:26 PM

I have the same issue. Also rebooted but still didn't make this go away. Any other suggestion?

Kurt Hustle 07-26-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

I found that when I was at the unlock screen and it was being unresponsive like that, I would slide my finger across the slider and hit the home button. That would usually work to get it to the next screen.

My iPhone just started doing this today. Slider is unresponsive when unlocking and when i powered down. I also have been hitting home key to work around it. A restart seemed to fix it for now..hope it doesnt happen again
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=332893

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Is it my imagination, or are these problems getting worse as the device ages? Last week it was just apps crashing, now the whole device is locking up. At least a soft reset always fixes it...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333839

- iphone totally frozen

n00basaur 07-25-2007 02:10 PM

iphone totally frozen

Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?

yoman 07-25-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00basaur (Post 3961113)
Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?

You may have already done this but have you done a soft reset on it yet.

You do this by holding the sleep/wake button down while pressing the home button until you see the apple symbol in the middle of the screen.

n00basaur 07-25-2007 03:29 PM

Thanks a bunch that worked!

Giies 07-26-2007 02:55 PM

My iPhone just got frozen this morning too while I was brownsing through the music. And then it jump back to the home screen and all 4 button at the bottom disappeared like it's nothing there and it froze , wouldn't let me do anything except turning it off, and it work fine when i turn it back on.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333839

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
But sometimes soft-resets dont seem to work at all...

- iPhone Stuck On Reboot Apple Logo Screen

PeterB10128 07-26-2007 01:10 PM

iPhone Stuck On Reboot Apple Logo Screen

No matter how many times I try to reset the phone by pressing the power button and home key, it just goes black for a few moments and then back to the Apple logo reboot screen - and it doesn't advance from there.

Any advice on how to fix this problem?

I can't be the only person to have encountered this problem...

iBookG4user 07-26-2007 01:12 PM

Have you tried pushing and holding the power and home buttons for 25 seconds?

PeterB10128 07-26-2007 01:18 PM

Yes, I've tried holding both for 25 seconds and I still can't get past the Apple logo screen.

TimHartattack 07-26-2007 01:24 PM

Can you connect to iTunes and do a full restore? Does that fix it?

PeterB10128 07-26-2007 01:31 PM

No, iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone.

mercury6966 07-26-2007 04:29 PM

hey i have almost the same problem, except i get the "Please connect to itunes" which means my iphone is in restore mode for some wierd reason. It was working this morning and then i go to use my phone and there you have that message. believe it or not this is my 2nd iphone i had the same issues with my 1st iphone plus the wifi would not work. they exchanged it for me and then i had the wifi issue again right after I got that "Please connect to itunes" thing again and it forced me to restore and now for the 2nd time since i got my new iphone I got that message again. this is really annoying, i'm going to see those geniuses at the apple store i'm not doing a restore so that they can see how crappy this phone has become. I'm so done that i'm thinking of just asking for my money back.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=334220

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
She's been right more than she's been wrong since the early 90s. That's a pretty simple English sentence. What is it about that statement that you don't understand?

I think you need to provide a little evidence if you want to state something as fact, rather than your opinion.

Here are the past eight years:

http://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/Cohen/

You offered her as an analyst who is right most of the time. Obviously, this is not true, although she may be "more right" (but still wrong) than her peers.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
To be fair there are positive reviews there as well. I liked the comment that the OP was maybe a bit fat and that is why Bt couldn't reach when in his pocket :D To me $130 is too much for something you could easily lose (and that probably will be surpassed technically in 6 months anyway). I'd go for some good wired 2 in 1 headsets myself. Spend the money on the speakers instead on the BT.

BT in general is sucky protocol in general. It's been around forever, and never done well (as well as the theory).

Maybe BT 3.0 will solve all our problems....

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Let's all take a step back here folks. Does it not appear that the ones who are angriest with the iphone and most intent on instigating here are the windows crowd?

Regarding letting.... it.... go. Why haven't you taken your own advice? Seems all you guys do here is bash the iphone ALL day long and you talk about not being able to let... it... go?

Now the n-word comment? You just keep hanging yourself the more you talk.

This is priceless. Apple's arrogance has absolutely nothing on the windoze drones here.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Now dont tell me there's no way to switch of the GSM radio while leaving WIFI on. Thats just plain primitive. It must be wrong (or is it revenue protection?)

- way to switch cell phone off but wifi on

justdhruv 07-26-2007 12:30 AM

way to switch cell phone off but wifi on

Is there a way of switching of the cell phone but keeping the wifi on?

I think the iphone uses up battery to search for available cell networks.

This could be useful where there no at&t coverage.

unity 07-26-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justdhruv (Post 3963415)
Is there a way of switching of the cell phone but keeping the wifi on?

I think the iphone uses up battery to search for available cell networks.

This could be useful where there no at&t coverage.

Just take out the sim card. Do so with phone off though, or you may fry it. It will work fine without it.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=334029

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Reality (the information presented that day) was disappointing to those who predicted significantly higher numbers.

who predicted significantly higher numbers for the first 30 hours? Was it Apple? Your comments were a clear indication that you took AT&Ts activation numbers and turned the into a negative launch for apple. You can cry all you want now MikeC, but thats what you implied. Since Apple reported their numbers you have ofcourse distanced yourself from your earlier "fanboy" statements. I'm glad. I'm alot more interested in your first hand reporting from the mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro