10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I think it is funny that the iPhone fanboys among us that this thread and people who participate in any criticism to mean that we don't think there is anything good about the iPhone. " 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one) doesn't mean there aren't 10 things that are absolutely wonderful. Maybe I'll start another thread... ;)

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
I think it is funny that the iPhone fanboys among us that this thread and people who participate in any criticism to mean that we don't think there is anything good about the iPhone. " 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one) doesn't mean there aren't 10 things that are absolutely wonderful. Maybe I'll start another thread... ;)

So no pro-apple posts are allowed in an iphone bashing thread? This is getting even better. :eek: :D

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
And what pray tell does your post reflect? Is it not a direct attack on myself? You posts lends itself to the term irony.

Where is my hypocrisy? You brought it up, define what you mean.

I wasn't insinuating anything, I was asserting. No secrecy or ulterior motives. I don't think I could have been anymore clear in fact. Do you even know the difference between innuendo and asserting?

Insulting those with opposing view points? Trolling? Treobk214, what makes your posts so helpful here? Unless you are one of those Apple fans who define themselves by their product, I can't see how I could have insulted you.

Not only are you a poor debater I'm not sure you have a good grasp on the terms you throw around.

If you don't like my posts you have two options
(1) Ignore them and don't reply
(2) PM me

Anything other than that is just flamming.

All you are doing around here is flamebaiting, mal. Exactly who are you trying to kid?

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
All you are doing around here is flamebaiting, mal. Exactly who are you trying to kid?
As opposed to what you wrote where you personally attacked me? :rolleyes:

You have a problem with my posts, take it up with a Moderator.

Otherwise, stop responding to my posts as you have no authority here. :thumbsdn:

(Nice to see you actually avoided challenging anything I wrote. Says a lot about your case.)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
This was your exact statement the day AT&T announced their activations. What did you mean by this then? No more lies please.

You imply I lied previously, which is, as everyone can see, the true lie.

I'll answer this again, but for you surfer, I will do so one last time.

Reality (the information presented that day) was disappointing to those who predicted significantly higher numbers.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
You imply I lied previously, which is, as everyone can see, the true lie.

I'll answer this again, but for you surfer, I will do so one last time.

Reality (the information presented that day) was disappointing to those who predicted significantly higher numbers.

Yep, he was comparing the 147,000 to the predicted 500-700,000. That was the context of his 'Reality sucks for fanboys' comment.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I was going to modify my post to use the restricting quantifier: some

As in some Apple users...

In hindsight I should have done that but to be honest, my comment was off-the-cuff. Though I should point out that I never used a universal quantifier in my post e.g. "all". That's how you interpreted it, and I maintain, misinterpreted. I rarely use sweeping generalization in my posts where I say "all" or "every single". You'll be hard pressed to find an example.

Either way, one person or 100 can't disprove my assertion, which I still maintain. Why else are you involved in this thread if not to defend the iPhone? You obviously feel strongly about it as you've "left" and then returned numerous times.

I'm not sure it's necessarily disparaging. A lot of Apple fans fly their flag quite high and proudly. I rarely see such commitment to MS or WM. Sure people prefer it, but it's not really debated.

It was the opposite around here (TC) for a long time when WM entered the market: I had to defend WM to POS for a very long time, not out of commitment or thinking one was superior (subjective) but merely for the fact it did what I want and as predicted, it would surpass POS.

Fact is, this is an iPhone "bashing" thread. No secret there. So I see no reason at all to apologize or ameliorate what is said here.

I'm also not sure how I've "derided" so much as critiqued. But once again, this is the Apple victim hood coming forth.

And if elitism of Apple and their superiority complex were not true, I fail to understand how this actually works as sarcasm and parody:

Apple Store to Begin Charging Entrance Fee

It's funny because there is an element of truth in it. You can't make that joke about MS (though you could make others for sure).

you did say "apple users" which does imply anyone that uses an apple product. you did not say "some," "many" or the like. as for all of the rest it's just more spin, re-direction and games. i didn't ask for an apology and i don't think i ever would. why? because i just don't really care regardless of what you say or think.

thanks though

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I've known enough Mac users (being one myself, spending years on Macaddict's forums) to know a significant percentage of Mac users do feel like they have to stick up for Macs and are really defensive at any criticism of the platform and company whether it is warranted or not. I'm sure there are Palm loyalists, Windows loyalist, Ford Pinto loyalists and 3Com Audry loyalists and on ... that do this as well.

But back to Apple users, there is an element of truth to it like Mal says: some people buy Macs to show that they can afford them, just like the motivation behind buying lots of other high end products. And some are insecure that they made a bad deal and need to convince themselves and others that they didn't. I know people on the opposite end of the spectrum that buy low-end and then try to justify why that piece of crap they own is better than a Ferrari. Whether it is or not is irrelevant really. It's a neurosis or something.

they buy apple products to show that they can afford them? convince themselves that they made a bad deal? and now it's a "neurosis"!!!!!

THAT IS ABOUT THE FUNNIEST STUFF I'VE READ YET!

good stuff.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
3rd iPhone sighting in the wild.

Funny, it's a chick with it, and all these guys are coming up to her and asking her about it, and flirting with her.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
they buy apple products to show that they can afford them? convince themselves that they made a bad deal? and now it's a "neurosis"!!!!!

THAT IS ABOUT THE FUNNIEST STUFF I'VE READ YET!

good stuff.

Some people, I would never say that all or most Mac users do this, and I'm not saying it is limited to Mac users by a long shot. Just some people don't buy stuff because they need the features as much as the emblem on the back or on the hood etc. My wife is Chinese and I intimately know how much the concept of 'face' affects people's buying deciscions. It's really apparent in Chinese culture and not even denied in that community, but in the West we basically don't want to admit it, instead we use other justifications. But at the end of the day we want to be 'seen'. It's just the way it is.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
3rd iPhone sighting in the wild.

Funny, it's a chick with it, and all these guys are coming up to her and asking her about it, and flirting with her.

I thought it was funny that Archie and Oalvarez were saying how it would help being an 'icebreaker', basically that it just might get them laid :D

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
you did say "apple users" which does imply anyone that uses an apple product. you did not say "some," "many" or the like. as for all of the rest it's just more spin, re-direction and games. i didn't ask for an apology and i don't think i ever would. why? because i just don't really care regardless of what you say or think.

thanks though
I know what I said and I clarified in my response: some not all. You basically just re-iterated my response post. Nice job :thumbsup:

I took the time to explain what I meant. You don't like the response, too bad.

The rest of my post was simply contesting some of what you said, like "disparaging" that I "...have something to prove" and your use of "deride".

That is I was actually addressing what you wrote. Trust me, I now learned my lesson: ignore anything you write since you won't actually respond.

Here's your problem Ollie:

- You respond to something I write, which wasn't directed towards you in the first place.
- You challenge me on a # of points, often bringing in non-relevant topics
- I write back either clarifying, correcting or responding back to what you actually wrote
- You then ignore everything I wrote and accuse me of "spin", "redirection" and "games" simply because I still disagree with you (or you make an argument where none exists).

This is what makes you terrible at this whole message board thing. There is no conversation with you, just ramblings with little coherent thought.

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
As opposed to what you wrote where you personally attacked me? :rolleyes:

You have a problem with my posts, take it up with a Moderator.

Otherwise, stop responding to my posts as you have no authority here. :thumbsdn:

(Nice to see you actually avoided challenging anything I wrote. Says a lot about your case.)

Look this is typical. You start with a flamebait post where you indirectly insult "some" apple users and now when people react you attempt to engage them into a flamewar.

Mal, you`re not fooling anybody. You`re the one creating the problems here. Why are you feigning this indignance when it was YOU who is initiating everything? How much more disingenious can a person get?

How obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal