10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
270,000 sales in 30 hours isnt very good? When did Apple ever state they would sell 1 million units in a week?

Why did Apple have to say it? The analysts were far from shy in saying the same. And remember that they did not sell out in those 30 hours. People could walk in on Saturday and just buy one without any queues. That 270 000 could be the present peak in demand.

Surur

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I think Wall street is reacting more to the 33% rise in mac sales and 22% rise in Ipod sales, than the IPhone sales of 1 million per quarter projected (which is about what Palm sells).

Surur

Unless I missed something, that 1 million number is for the FIRST quarter, not "per quarter." Presumably they expect a ramp, so matching palm in their first quarter of sales would be pretty impressive.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Why did Apple have to say it? The analysts were far from shy in saying the same. And remember that they did not sell out in those 30 hours. People could walk in on Saturday and just buy one without any queues. That 270 000 could be the present peak in demand.

Surur

Perhaps, but by the end of the weekend, almost every apple store and AT&T store were out of stock. Not bad for a $600 device locked to one carrier.

To make something a success, does it have to completely sell out in 30 hours. Could it be the apple was smart enough to have supply equal demand?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
After seeing how factually incorrect they were yesterday, i stopped reading most of them.

Then this one will really tickle you.

IPhone sales/traffic SLOW and 3G in November-CIBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I observed this last week at my local Apple store and posted here but it seemed my store was the exception at the time but according to the research report from CIBC it is becoming more common:

"Based on our store checks, we believe that demand for the iPhone has seen a significant decline in the past 10 days," analyst Ittai Kidron told clients. "We have noticed decent inventories at stores, and thin demand at best. In fact, most Apple store visitors were not looking at the device and only a very small subset bought it."

Which is what I saw - nobody even looking at the IPhone but buying/looking at Macs like crazy.

Additionally, the CIBC report says that 3G is coming fast. . .like NOVEMBER:

Given the weakness in demand, the analyst said he wouldn't be surprised to see AT&T and Apple step up their marketing efforts around iPhone in the near future. He added that "checks suggest Apple is actually looking to introduce a 3G version of the iPhone for the U.S. market in November, ahead of the holiday season and earlier than currently expected."
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...one_demand_slowing_but_3g_model_in_cards.html
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=3337

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Perhaps, but by the end of the weekend, almost every apple store and AT&T store were out of stock. Not bad for a $600 device locked to one carrier.

To make something a success, does it have to completely sell out in 30 hours. Could it be the apple was smart enough to have supply equal demand?

That is just not true. There were plenty left after the initial surge. There was a slowdown mid-week, and then the second shipments arrived. People around here have no problem getting an iPhone if they want it.

As for a success, I don't think anyone disputes it was a successful launch
(although not up to the hyped level predicted).

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

Therefore 6 months of pent up demand = 270 000? And after selling 270 000 in one day they expect it to settle down to 8000 per day for the next 3 months?

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Therefore 6 months of pent up demand = 270 000? And after selling 270 000 in one day they expect it to settle down to 8000 per day for the next 3 months?

Surur

Exactly...there was huge demand ahead of the release...but if it's not sustained, it doesn't matter.

I would agree with thier view. The local Apple Stores here are not selling as many iPhones as they did in past weeks. (at least according to the person there I spoke with today.)

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Exactly...there was huge demand ahead of the release...but if it's not sustained, it doesn't matter.

I would agree with thier view. The local Apple Stores here are not selling as many iPhones as they did in past weeks. (at least according to the person there I spoke with today.)

Well thats good enough for me. MikeC goes into an apple store and is told iphone sales are slowing. Do you work for CIBC?

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I thought you didn't read my posts?

Observation and comment. You should really take up the English language and comprehension. It would make serving those fries more exciting for ya.

Nice mature response. Of course you totally avoided the implication that you have no idea why the stock went up today.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I'm just curious how sales (good or bad) has anything to do with the iPhone sucking. It could be the best device ever but not sell well, or the worst ever and be a huge success. Just look at Brittany Spears. Humans are stupid animals.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Unless I missed something, that 1 million number is for the FIRST quarter, not "per quarter." Presumably they expect a ramp, so matching palm in their first quarter of sales would be pretty impressive.

Also, Palm's 700,000 units are across several different carriers, while Apple's 1 million projected units are with one carrier only. Much more impressive, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen