10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
it's good to see that off topic areas can be discussed as it is seemingly now allowed. Nothing wrong with that. It's good to see agreement on things iPhone. :)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
it's good to see that off topic areas can be discussed as it is seemingly now allowed. Nothing wrong with that. It's good to see agreeing on things iPhone. :)

As the quote poster, I can say the quotes are getting repetitive. The complaints have not decreased in volume, but its mostly the same thing over again - mainly apps crashing.

What has been more interesting recently are people running into the built-in limitations of the device. People have certain expectations of a $600 device, and its amusing when the iPhone does not meet them. Also I find the security issues fascinating. Its amazing how many flaws show up when the spotlight of the worlds attention is one one device. As one hacker said: Everytime safari crashes on a web page, thats a potential exploit.

Those are many many potential exploits.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I see the Mod did some editing of Postal's post, but considering the somewhat insulting name he really used, well... enough said about his intentions.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
If I were an iPhone user, I would appreciate surur's posts as they can only help you understand issues other's are having with their devices. You may not like the messenger (or even his motives) but the message is useful information.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
As the quote poster, I can say the quotes are getting repetitive. The complaints have not decreased in volume, but its mostly the same thing over again - mainly apps crashing.

What has been more interesting recently are people running into the built-in limitations of the device. People have certain expectations of a $600 device, and its amusing when the iPhone does not meet them. Also I find the security issues fascinating. Its amazing how many flaws show up when the spotlight of the worlds attention is one one device. As one hacker said: Everytime safari crashes on a web page, thats a potential exploit.

Surur

They claimed on the news that the one report of the iPhone being easily taken over by a phishing site is being taken seriously by Apple. If so, firmware update may be in the works. And they can sneak in updates for some of these other issues. We'll see.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I *at least* have faith Apple will fix these issues faster than Palm, and likely faster than WM would be able to because of the huge number of configurations in the wild.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site

Surur

i don't disagree about built-in limitations of the device, or those people's expectations of a $600 device and it not meeting them. i take your word for the security issues being fascinating. yes, there are flaws. now, having said that:

-why do some people out there truly enjoy their device regardless of the limitations? why is it that you only want to discredit the device? why is it that some around here actually go as far as discrediting the actual owners who are actually happy (in other words, why do they have to be labeled as retards, or the like)? if some don't like their iphone and are complaining about it, so what? this place is the rescue mission for Treos and you know that to be true. don't make me point you to those threads! :)

-if people had certain expectations and the iphone didn't meet them so what? return the darn phone...yes, they knew that they would have to pay a restocking fee so that should not be an issue. if they didn't know then it's their own tough luck for not knowing such. i only expected it to do four things: phone, internet, email, and music. it does those things to my liking. would i like to see certain improvements? absolutely! yes, i think you should be able to type a few letters to look up a contact and i think one should be able to attach a photo from the email feature as opposed to the photo application. better yet, why can't one attach multiple images? maybe they can but i haven't bothered to look further into it because it just hasn't bothered me enough to do so. but at the end of the day, if the iPhone didn't deliver what i wanted i would have put it back to the company, plain and simple.

in all honest to goodness truth, i'm still waiting for my device to crash (or reset). like i said, if it did i didn't notice it, but i definitely have not experienced what i used to with all of my past Treos.

cheers

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
This may change with the iPhone, but generally on most smartphones, (and phones) firmware/software patches are rare (compared to desktop software)

doesnt apple have the ability to change the firmware/software without having to go through ATT's testing process?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
doesnt apple have the ability to change the firmware/software without having to go through ATT's testing process?

They have the infrastructure to do so, but who knows what AT&T made them agree to. I'm guessing (based on visual voice mail, the way the activation process works through itunes, etc.) that Apple got some exemptions from the normal strong-arm tactics that the carriers apply to the device makers, but who knows.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I wish Apple would have taken this opportunity to release an unlocked phone that consumers could demand any GSM carrier to allow on their networks. There is no reason (especially sans any subsidy) this couldn't have been done really. Then it truly would have been revolutionary. They possibly could have released in Europe first if the US carriers didn't play ball. People could just buy unlocked phones from that market in the meantime.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Well, that wasn't a practical option, i'm sure. The outcry if they released first in europe would have been nuts. And if they released unlocked they wouldn't have had visual voice mail, they would probably have had issues where carriers refused to activate them, they would have had issues with the data network support in all likelihood, etc.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Well, that wasn't a practical option, i'm sure. The outcry if they released first in europe would have been nuts. And if they released unlocked they wouldn't have had visual voice mail, they would probably have had issues where carriers refused to activate them, they would have had issues with the data network support in all likelihood, etc.

I dunno, I'm sure there could have been a way.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I'm convinced at least some iPhone users are retards :D Just because you are happy with it doesn't make you one though.

don't you think labeling some iphone users (that you most probably don't know) as retards is pretty extreme?

you're joking, right?

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
BTW people need to remember what 'retarded' means:
re?tard 1 (rĭ-t?rd') Pronunciation Key
v. re?tard?ed, re?tard?ing, re?tards

v. tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

v. intr.
To be delayed.

n.

1. A slowing down or hindering of progress; a delay.

You can be socially retarded, developmentally retarded, mentally retarded, physically retarded, etc.

Or in the case of the iPhone, unnecessarily, artificially retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal