10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
That's great and all, except that:
1) we already know it. People have been complaining about those issues for quite some time.
2) The Treo was never touted as the "5 years ahead of every other smartphone on the market be-all, end-all phone."
3) Your post is off-topic for this thread and trolling.

It is neither off topic nor trolling. In fact it is exactly on target around here. Surur runs mile long lists from complaint/problem threads to show the defects in the iPhones; if anyone questions it, you guys leap in like a pack of wild dogs to rip up the "offender" without focusing on nor answering the real gist of the posting...that a device is personal to each user and is the right choice based on what they like or need. Every device has failings, and reciting long lists of diatribes is juvenile and non-responsive.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
yep

Jobs is a smart cookie, no doubt. More passion than most, but boatloads of cash helps with that.

I met him in 1979, along with Woz. I still remember - Woz was actually pretty funny (and geeky to the core), and Steve was a bit preocupied (I think he was worrying about the sale).

If I had told him that 28 years later, he was going to head of one of the largest tech companies in the world, and on the board of Walt Disney, and release a portable phone that generated $300M in it's first week of release, I think he would have told me to stop sniffing glue.

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
dstrauss said:
It is neither off topic nor trolling. In fact it is exactly on target around here. Surur runs mile long lists from complaint/problem threads to show the defects in the iPhones; if anyone questions it, you guys leap in like a pack of wild dogs to rip up the "offender" without focusing on nor answering the real gist of the posting...that a device is personal to each user and is the right choice based on what they like or need. Every device has failings, and reciting long lists of diatribes is juvenile and non-responsive.
I have no problem with you posting in genuine responses to the issues raised here against the iPhone. If someone complains that the email doesn't work well enough and you have a response to address that, fine. No troll.

But when you ignore the argument and instead of addressing the iPhone's shortcomings you post a list of gripes people have with WM or Treos or anything else, it's called misdirection, and it's trolling.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
A Nasty Troll

nasty%20troll.jpg

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
More people banging their head against the iPhone's "5 years aheadedness."

- Listening to .wav file attatchments in email

iansilv 07-02-2007 07:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to .wav file attatchments in email

Hi-
I get my voip phone company voicemail sent to my email address. I cannot listen to it on an iphone- does anyone know how to get this to work? It is sent as a wav file attachment. Thank you.

illumin8 07-02-2007 07:50 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iansilv (Post 3862058)
Hi-
I get my voip phone company voicemail sent to my email address. I cannot listen to it on an iphone- does anyone know how to get this to work? It is sent as a wav file attachment. Thank you.

I too have this problem. My VoIP company emails me voicemail to my Gmail account. Mail app on iPhone shows the attachment as a wave file icon, but you can't tap it or do anything with it.

I think Apple is going to have to add media support to Mail, if they want to. Maybe there are security concerns about media attached to email (like viruses, etc).

dentkev 07-03-2007 02:05 PM

Yes, I have the problem.

It's disappointing not being able to get my VOIP Voice mail. I hope apple allows this on an update soon.

iansilv 07-03-2007 06:46 PM

anybody else want this feature?

TheScappian 07-03-2007 10:32 PM

Add me to the list. Vonage sends me voicemail as wavs in my email and I would love to be able to listen directly

dlucks 07-07-2007 04:47 PM

Ok so we say we want it...now what?

I'm with you fellers...I was dismayed to find that I couldn't WAV files email attachments aren't supported by the iPhone. That isn't a "Windows" format is it? I thought theirs was the WMA. ??

I can open an Excel spreadsheet in an iPhone email but not WAV.

What's up with that?

Bigger question is...who is gonna read these posts that can actually do anything about it?

DLucks

kdarling 07-07-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlucks (Post 3888228)
Bigger question is...who is gonna read these posts that can actually do anything about it?
DLucks

Tell Apple about it at:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

gdevitry 07-13-2007 10:47 AM

Convert .wav AND listen on iPhone!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iansilv (Post 3862058)
Hi-

How about using a new tool I made for myself!

http://www.iphoneconvert.com (very, very ALPHA!!!!).

I have Vonage (and work) .wav voice mail attachments.

Solution:
1. Forward (be sure to 'Include' the attachments) to messages@iphoneconvert.com
2. Wait 1-2 minutes.
3. Receive a reply with a URL.
4. Click the URL (Safari can play .mp4 files).
5. Click the little Arrow to play (working automatic features).
6. Delete when finished.

TODO:
1. Storage of files.
2. Accounts.
3. Other file types (Ideas?).

Greg

DJone 07-13-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdevitry (Post 3914070)
How about using a new tool I made for myself!

http://www.iphoneconvert.com (very, very ALPHA!!!!).

I have Vonage (and work) .wav voice mail attachments.

Solution:
1. Forward (be sure to 'Include' the attachments) to messages@iphoneconvert.com
2. Wait 1-2 minutes.
3. Receive a reply with a URL.
4. Click the URL (Safari can play .mp4 files).
5. Click the little Arrow to play (working automatic features).
6. Delete when finished.

TODO:
1. Storage of files.
2. Accounts.
3. Other file types (Ideas?).

Greg

Great idea/concept.

Hopefully Apple does support this feature in a future update though.

Good work though!

One.

Sobe 07-13-2007 10:58 AM

it's not just email. If you log into the site and try to listen to it over the web you can't do that either. So it would seem it's a basic lack of functionality across the board.

theinstructor 07-13-2007 05:55 PM

Hmm

That is really cool guys but what about security? You are going to e-mail private voicemail files to a stranger? (No offense)...

gdevitry 07-15-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theinstructor (Post 3915819)
That is really cool guys but what about security? You are going to e-mail private voicemail files to a stranger? (No offense)...

None taken. :)

'My' server is not a home computer. No files are keep after the conversion (unless you want them kept there).

Q: Do you have any personal data on Google Apps? or any other website?

Just delete the message once you hear it.

Greg
p.s. Fixed a small bug with the URL that is returned. :D

Thompilot 07-21-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdevitry (Post 3921083)
None taken. :)

'My' server is not a home computer. No files are keep after the conversion (unless you want them kept there).

Q: Do you have any personal data on Google Apps? or any other website?

Just delete the message once you hear it.

Greg
p.s. Fixed a small bug with the URL that is returned. :D

Thanks Greg. You're my new hero. Your iPhoneconvert is saving me a ton of aggravation.

pr5owner 07-21-2007 12:15 PM

wtf you cant play wav?

"Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV"

wav is officially supported or is there no link between the ipod and your email?

gdevitry 07-21-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr5owner (Post 3945485)
is there no link between the ipod and your email?

Correct! I was surprised too... and needed a solution. Hopefully will just need to be temporary.

So if any audio/video is emailed, you'd be out of luck. I'm working on other formats now. :D

Greg

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324225

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
And now the honeymoon is over and the fighting starts...

- 3 Weeks - No Update - No Apps
Malamutt 07-20-2007 06:49 PM

3 Weeks - No Update - No Apps

Anyone find it strange that after 3 weeks we still have no updates from Apple?

I'm at the point of bored with my iPhone.

First week... I spent getting use to it.

Second week... Converted movies and updated my contact list.

Now don't get me wrong...

It's great for surfing.
Using it to check my email is a breeze.
I've loaded 40 movies on it and another 228 songs.

But it seems like it's just missing somethings...

Games? Ringtones? AIM or iChat? IRC? a shell?

Perhaps tonight I will pray to the iPhone god and see if that helps.

Dear Steve. Please... please... please.... let me get what I want...

:apple:

Scarlet Fever 07-20-2007 06:52 PM

as you said, it's only been out for 3 weeks. Given time, the developers will make some good stuff for it.

siurpeeman 07-20-2007 06:55 PM

you'd better be ready to wait awhile longer. i know apple wants their customers to be happy and all, but i just don't see them adding games or ichat anytime soon. not until the end of summer, in my opinion. ringtones and added stability, however, could come within weeks (i'm hoping!).

Daremo 07-20-2007 06:58 PM

I just want the update with the SIMPLE and BASIC items that are missing. Ringtones... MMS... Multiple person text messages... All of this is simple software code. I can wait for games. I just want my basic phone functions added. :mad:

Malamutt 07-20-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamutt (Post 3943672)

I'm at the point of bored with my iPhone.

First week... I spent getting use to it.

Second week... Converted movies and updated my contact list.

Now don't get me wrong...

It's great for surfing.
Using it to check my email is a breeze.
I've loaded 40 movies on it and another 228 songs.

But it seems like it's just missing somethings...

Games? Ringtones? AIM or iChat? IRC? a shell?

Perhaps tonight I will pray to the iPhone god and see if that helps.

Dear Steve. Please... please... please.... let me get what I want...

Well given I am wrong... It has been 2 weeks but with that said...

Basic updates... Instant Message... AT&T even sent me a email saying "Don't forget about Instant Message" Guess they aren't smart enough to remember that I own a iPhone.... It doesn't have IM.

I'd love to have MMS didn't even put that on the list but yes MMS would have been a nice "Phone" feature. Zoom and Video record anyone?

Honestly I was suprised they didn't have a update for the phone out of the box...

If they sold 500,000 phones like some are guessing and each person bought one ringtone for $.99 that would mean that in the "2 weeks" they lost $495.000.00 in revenue.

With that being said don't you think they could have hired one or two more programmers?

Just my $.02... what do I know... :apple::confused:

iStrat 07-20-2007 07:13 PM

My theory is that a software update will be strategically placed at the central point between the release of the original iPhone and the announcement of the first hardware revision and/or nano model. This would make the most sense to keep the hype going. If I'm right, this would mean we can extrapolate the date of the next major announcement based on when they do the software upgrade.

Maui 07-20-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

The only thing I find strange here is that you would expect an update after 3 (or actually 2) weeks.

Malamutt 07-20-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui (Post 3943739)
The only thing I find strange here is that you would expect an update after 3 (or actually 2) weeks.

What's strange in expecting normal phone apps on my phone? We all know ringtones is coming. We've seen the tab for it in iTunes... Get your iMac out of the box and guess what... you already have updates you have to do.

So what's strange? I'm just expecting the usual. :p:apple:

MrSmith 07-20-2007 07:24 PM

Just...wow! The world we live in...:rolleyes:

[G5]Hydra 07-20-2007 07:24 PM

If you are bored now you may want to return the phone before it is too late. There is no way of telling when Apple is going to release an update or even if the first one will be any more than a bug squash. They could release a bunch of new apps a year from now or tomorrow - we just don't know.

Sobe 07-20-2007 07:25 PM

I think you're off your rocker.

Maui 07-20-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamutt (Post 3943751)
What's strange in expecting normal phone apps on my phone? We all know ringtones is coming. We've seen the tab for it in iTunes... Get your iMac out of the box and guess what... you already have updates you have to do.

New software with new features is "usual" 2 weeks after a product is introduced? You are living in an entirely different galaxy than I am.

I can just see the meeting at Apple HQ. "Hey, we have all of these new products that are ready to go, like ringtones, but let's hold off on releasing them until 2 weeks after we introduce the product, since everyone will be bored after 2 weeks and we will need to get them re-interested in the products."

On your iMac example, you are confusing bug fixes and software updates with software that offers new features. You do realize, don't you, that when you bought your iMac, the OS on it had already been around for a few years?

[G5]Hydra 07-20-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamutt (Post 3943751)

I have opened the box to many a new Mac and had many updates ready to go the moment it was plugged in. The problem was they were all bug fixes. I can't remember the last OSX update I ran and got new applications that were not already included from day one.

plumbingandtech 07-20-2007 07:28 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!

3 whole weeks since the release of the most advanced phone in the world and NO UPDATES!

and he's BORED!!!!

Malamutt 07-20-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui (Post 3943776)
New software with new features is "usual" 2 weeks after a product is introduced? You are living in an entirely different galaxy than I am.

I can just see the meeting at Apple HQ. "Hey, we have all of these new products that are ready to go, like ringtones, but let's hold off on releasing them until 2 weeks after we introduce the product, since everyone will be bored after 2 weeks and we will need to get them re-interested in the products."

On your iMac example, you are confusing bug fixes and software updates with software that offers new features. You do realize, don't you, that when you bought your iMac, the OS on it had already been around for a few years?

Okay... so your point is?

We know they have a iTunes with Ringtones... but it's not released yet. You do get that right?

As for my iMac example... Sure I'm confusing it. There are no bugs in the iPhone to fix. Nobody wants any of the basic apps we expected on the phone. Your right and I'm wrong. Must be difficult being so damn smart.

uscmatt 07-20-2007 07:49 PM

Enjoy what you have for now. Wait until atleast leopard comes out. User customized ringtones would be pretty cool though. Marimba needs some company.

MrSmith 07-20-2007 07:52 PM

Malamutt, you know you need to be 13 to post here.

Malamutt 07-20-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmith (Post 3943836)
Malamutt, you know you need to be 13 to post here.

lol! Yes I did... I meant to ask your Mom why you were up so late posting again. ;)

skubish 07-20-2007 07:59 PM

I think this is clear evidence the sky IS falling. :rolleyes:

Sobe 07-20-2007 08:00 PM

For what it's worth, it made me smile more than any other post I read today.

diamond.g 07-20-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Well, there is precedent, the PS3 had a FW update within weeks of it being out. :confused:

Lancetx 07-20-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

If only Microsoft released Vista updates that quickly! :p

Malamutt 07-20-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond.g (Post 3943880)
Well, there is precedent, the PS3 had a FW update within weeks of it being out. :confused:

diamond that is silly talk... I'm a fool for expecting updates within weeks of the phone coming out or so I have been told.

While most people in the IT world expect updates I guess they don't always put a timeline on when they come out. The fact that a few people here want to flame me for stating my opinion makes me laugh.

Your right. There are precedents out there but others here want to either impress the wifes and girlfriends by trying to flame other posters without even backing up what they say.

iPod can ship directly from a factory in Hong Kong and yes... Guess what! They have updates for them. Sometimes the updates are required to run other things that you can purchase for them. Think on the iPods they call them Games?

My point. I'm bored with the iPhone... would like it to do a little more. Nothing wrong with that... Paid $650 after tax for the iPhone. If I bought a $250 Wii and I got bored I would just buy another game.... If I bought a $1100 MacBook and I got bored with it I'd buy another Application or ummm Game? That was my point with the iPhone but I guess that's silly talk to point out the obvious.

:apple::D

MrSmith 07-20-2007 08:41 PM

It's an iPhone for fricks sake. Why don't you try phoning Mars for extra kicks? If you want to play games or mess around with apps go play with one of your other myriad 'boring' devices. As for impressing wives and girlfriends - who are obviously peering over all of our shoulders as we attack you - why don't you try one of those devices? Or would you get bored with them, too? If you do there are plenty of fish in the sea, though they don't get updated - they just get older.

Malamutt 07-20-2007 08:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_...ber_12.2C_2006

The link I believe is a accurate Timeline of iTunes.

Yes. Apple appears to have udpated iTunes in less then two weeks and added new features.

For MrSmith: Yes. In time you will be able to buy a clue.
For Maui: Enjoy your ocean. Hope you can swim.

kdarling 07-20-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

It's not just 2-3 weeks after intro. It's been possibly a few months since the devices were manufactured and the code burned in.

Quote:

No, worse. Quite often management will say, how close are we? And the programmers reply, "We just need a few more weeks to fix everything up." To which management commands, "Just check in the code the way it is now, we're out of time, and we need to start some testing and get this code into the devices. Don't worry, we'll put out an update right away if enough people scream."

But of course the programmers know that once they've been assigned back to other duties, those updates take longer and longer to find time for.

That's the way the Real World works :eek:

MrSmith 07-20-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamutt (Post 3943954)
For MrSmith: Yes. In time you will be able to buy a clue.

About the way you work? I doubt it.

The fact is, products are never updated because the manufacturer believes someone is bored (after two weeks). They're updated because functionality is missing or broken. On the other hand, ringtones are tinny noises a phone makes when someone calls. The fact you can't add Pop remixes to yours is irrelevant and *****ing because you can't do it is pathetic.

Then again, this could be good for Apple. If such users pay $600 for a product then get bored because it only does the things it's meant to do who knows what else they can be induced to buy...

iGive up. :rolleyes:

ctakim 07-20-2007 09:42 PM

Bored in 3 weeks? If that isn't the epitome of an attention deficit disorder than I don't know what is.:eek:

Malamutt 07-20-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmith (Post 3944034)

The fact is, products are never updated because the manufacturer believes someone is bored (after two weeks). They're updated because functionality is missing or broken. On the other hand, ringtones are tinny noises a phone makes when someone calls. The fact you can't add Pop remixes to yours is irrelevant and *****ing because you can't do it is pathetic.

Then again, this could be good for Apple. If such users pay $600 for a product then get bored because it only does the things it's meant to do who knows what else they can be induced to buy...

I never said they should update because I'm bored. Your reading between the lines now and making up what you want to read.

As for ringtones. I can do it. Remember the hack? You do read other post besides the ones you try to flame people in right?

As for the phone doing as you say "who knows what else" I'm just pointing out the phone is missing basic feature that exist on a phone you can get for 'FREE'. As for other phones on the market in the same price range it is currently lacking the ability to add applications that other products offer and I hope that Apple comes out with a update ASAP.

With that being said...

What this breaks down to is you feel you have to try and attack someone who post there thoughts on the iPhone because you feel your opinion is superiour to mine.

I'll let it stand at this:

My 'opinion' is that I am supprsied that there has not been a update.
I am bored with it given I can not do things on it that can be done with other PDA's I have owned in the same price range. I have nothing else to say about it from this point on and not going to turn this into a verbal pi$$ing match any longer.

Maui 07-20-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamutt (Post 3943805)
Okay... so your point is?

My point is, no, I don't think it is strange we don't have new apps yet. But, more importantly, friend, I hope you have satisfied that overwhelming craving you must have had to eat an entire bag of Doritos. Must be good stuff.

Take care.

Sobe 07-20-2007 10:35 PM

the reason why you're getting the responses you are is because a) the topic title makes you seem like an impatient kid and b) this has been beaten to death in 50 other threads.

If you dislike things about the iPhone, that's your personal choice and that's fine. I think you'll find that the way you communicate those dislikes is behind the responses you might not like so much.

marksman 07-20-2007 10:50 PM

3 weeks...
21 days...
504 hours...
30240 minutes...
1814400 seconds...

The Horror!

No update in 1814400 seconds. I am boycotting Apple. And on my birthday no less.

I have now spent .15% of my life waiting for Apple to bring out an update for the iPhone. That is entirely unacceptable.

AJsAWiz 07-20-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

No need to give up . . . good answer :D

desenso 07-20-2007 11:21 PM

It makes me slightly sad to see the new crowds that Apple is bringing into our family as a result of it going more mainstream...

badtzmaru 07-20-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desenso (Post 3944302)
It makes me slightly sad to see the new crowds that Apple is bringing into our family as a result of it going more mainstream...

I hope you dont browse the apple discussion forums. The people there are ridiculously inept.

hard-case 07-20-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

On the other hand, ringtones are tinny noises a phone makes when someone calls. The fact you can't add Pop remixes to yours is irrelevant and *****ing because you can't do it is pathetic.

Considering that estimates place ringtone sales this year in the US alone at $700 million dollars (world figures are in the $4-6 BILLION range), I would say the point is neither irrelevant nor pathetic. Whether one prefers them or not, basic facts and economics point to a clear and demonstrable desire for custom ringtones. It does make the decision to exclude such a feature from the initial release somewhat puzzling.

MrSmith 07-21-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard-case (Post 3944363)
Considering that estimates place ringtone sales this year in the US alone at $700 million dollars (world figures are in the $4-6 BILLION range), I would say the point is neither irrelevant nor pathetic. Whether one prefers them or not, basic facts and economics point to a clear and demonstrable desire for custom ringtones. It does make the decision to exclude such a feature from the initial release somewhat puzzling.

Well perhaps Apple are thinking differently and deliberately trying to stamp out the annoying practice. Personally, I think anyone who sets their phone to play anything other than a subtle little beep (or vibro, preferably) should be arrested for noise pollution. That's neither here nor there, but it will take more than dollar amounts to convince me they're an important part of a phone. The younger generation are heading for the abyss if this kind of thing occupies their lives. :(

tttexxan 07-21-2007 12:22 AM

IM not sure what your refering too on new apps but there are tons of new apps out there for the iphone such as AIM, Diamond mine, poker, solitare, blackjack and the list goes on and on...

Sobe 07-21-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard-case (Post 3944363)

Or maybe it means that Apple has more important things on their minds than making a buck or two via ring tones....at least until they can sell them to you $0.49 over iTunes anyway =D

pr5owner 07-21-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobe (Post 3944193)
If you dislike things about the iPhone, that's your personal choice and that's fine. I think you'll find that the way you communicate those dislikes is behind the responses you might not like so much.

the reason why people post these things in a forum (especially an apple forum) is because they paid a decent amount of money for a phone that has missing functionality that should be there from the start.

its like paying $60 000 for a bmw yet it has no CD player (or stereo of any kind) or it has steel wheels with wheel covers (the bmw 318 in canada comes with steel wheels as a standard option which is hilarious as the car is over $30000cad, did ppl complain? you bet they did, thats why the dealership throws alloys in as a free upgrade)

you think people arent going to complain? complaining = apple has a risk of losing customer base = apple will do something to prevent loss of customers.

according to stats for every disatisfied customer, that customer will tell 10 other people and those people will tell 5 others. bad rep spreads fast where as good rep is hard to earn. you think apple cares? you bet they do, if they lose a large customer, do you have any idea how long it takes to recover fully? YEARS.

MrSmith 07-21-2007 02:15 AM

Caveat emptor.

MrSmith 07-21-2007 02:59 AM

Like 600 ringtones. Then you can annoy yourself to death.

Blue Velvet 07-21-2007 03:05 AM

Since this thread has descended into a ridiculous and petty sniping session, I see absolutely no reason for it to continue.

If I'm wrong, please PM me and tell me otherwise...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=332176

Surur

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
hmm there kind of mean to the unhappy iphone user for wanting the basics that should have been in the ipod phone from the start.
Maybe some of the iphone users that post in this thread can get MrSmith to join us on better understanding Apple hehehe

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
T.Go to the links that surru has posted and read read read. You will find 90% of the negative feed back is from the iphone user.

And that differs from treocentral exactly how ? Aren't most of the threads here "My Treo won't do this", "Treo is dead", "Goodbye Treo", "My Treo crashes". How easy we forget. When the 650 came out, what were most of the threads talking about. Hell, one had to buy volume care just to be able to hear anyone, yeah....geez a phone which you can't hear people, what a product by comparison ! Remember the Palm SD card giveaway cause as delivered people couldn't fit anything on its new file system.

As a Treo user I am well aware of its faults. Every phone out there has faults. These faults are most common soon after its release. What's that old adage about throwing the first stone ? How many of us would be willing to live with our Treos w/o the 3 system upgrades, an SD card, Volume care, Crash and all the other little doodads it to to make it a devices we were happy with....well acceptably happy with ?

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I have no problem with you posting in genuine responses to the issues raised here against the iPhone. If someone complains that the email doesn't work well enough and you have a response to address that, fine. No troll.

But when you ignore the argument and instead of addressing the iPhone's shortcomings you post a list of gripes people have with WM or Treos or anything else, it's called misdirection, and it's trolling.

My mistake for ever coming back here after a year. No change whatsoever. You don't answer any questions except to cry "troll" and you know my posting was a direct response and raised the question of whether posting miles of iPhone forum complaints is any more reason to avoid iPhone than countless complaining about your precious Treo.

Adi?s children. Hopefully some day the wild dog pack around here will get its collective heads out of the sand (or wherever it is they keep them) and realize their feckless opinions are only as valid as the means with which they defend them.

Your record as gutless wonders is unblemished. But just for once try to explain why Surur's posts (another half dozen since my alleged "trolling") of miles of iPhone complainers is a more valid argument against the iPhone than the countless threads in this forum pointing out the defects of the entire Treo line. There are far more than 10 things that absolutely suck about any converged device. :rolleyes:

My bet is the only response will be more howls of "trolling" and maybe even deleting this post...Fire away...gone for good...

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
800 words again! Your post is too long to read, but I would be surprised if any of our bricks ever impressed the ladies. They are not fashion phones like the iPhone.

You have a future in politics.

1, You never answer the question
2. You have no response to any points raised in the posts you respond to.
3. You try and divert attention away from the fact that you have no counterpoint to any fact shown to be undebatable.
4. You complain about post lengths when you routinely double the length of the ones you complain about. The post you complain about (1235) takes up one screen on my laptop. The one above (1234) by you required me to scroll down 11 times to view.

So yes, complain about my post length when the one above you made is 11 times longer. Then again why not, the length complaint is as unsupportable as your comments. Tell me again, specifically ... why did you need to quote my entire post if you weren't going to address even one statement contained in that quote ?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hell, one had to buy volume care just to be able to hear anyone, yeah....geez a phone which you can't hear people, what a product by comparison !

At least you can install volumecare. Poor iPhone users are stuck waiting for an update.

- My quest for more volume update

clayk 07-18-2007 08:36 PM

My quest for more volume update

I thought I would post an update on my speakerphone volume issue. I arranged for Apple to send me a loaner. It arrived today. I have a sound level meter so I took some measurements. My current ringtone is ?Old Phone?. At maximum volume the speaker puts out 89 db. I then called time and temperature, set the speakerphone to max volume and it measured 66 db.

The loaner phone from Apple measures exactly the same. So I am now skeptical that the volume can be increased, but I am still hopeful. I will test the ?fixed? phone when it returns and post the results.

On a side note, I convinced Apple to waive the $29 fee for the loaner. It took a while, but I just kept talking (very politely of course) pointing out that it was a bad policy and they finally relented.

I also tested the sound level of my old Razr. Ringtone was 98db and speakerphone was 88db.

clayk 07-20-2007 10:30 AM

I got my phone back this morning. They really just sent me a new one. It is a bit louder. Ringtone was 97 db (up from 89db) and speaker phone was 78db.

Clay

FreeState 07-20-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayk (Post 3941991)
I got my phone back this morning. They really just sent me a new one. It is a bit louder. Ringtone was 97 db (up from 89db) and speaker phone was 78db.

Clay

So the speaker phone went down?

Julien 07-20-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayk (Post 3941991)

Clay

What is the distance of measurement, sound meter brand, A or C weighted and room parameters?

clayk 07-20-2007 03:03 PM

The volume of the speaker phone went up, from 69 to 78

The distance was very close, about 10 inches. I kept it the same distance on both tests. I realize that is much closer than you would use the phone, but I am comparing Apples to Apples. The room was fairly quiet, the radio shack meter I used registered 54 db background noise. The weighting was set on "C" but I have no idea what that means.

Clay
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=331444

Surur

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Agreed (except I hate when people use the word "retards").

My reference was to a previous quote where the word was used to indicate the iPhone user. It was done so to indicate the the irrationality behind the vehemence of those attacking iPhone users. I would apologize to anyone who took offense for repeating it.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Regarding the lack of support for WAV attachments, one of the beautiful things about OS X on the the desktop is the integration and access to all your media throughout all the native applications. Sadly this same integration didn't make it into the iPhone. I was really hoping for this as it makes it so much easier to use your media effectively.

The thing is with 3rd party support all the shortcomings of the device could have been resolved. I bet you would see the majority of them address already actually. That's just sad, so much potential, it's like a speed-limited Ferrari.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
And that differs from treocentral exactly how ? Aren't most of the threads here "My Treo won't do this", "Treo is dead", "Goodbye Treo", "My Treo crashes". How easy we forget. When the 650 came out, what were most of the threads talking about. Hell, one had to buy volume care just to be able to hear anyone, yeah....geez a phone which you can't hear people, what a product by comparison ! Remember the Palm SD card giveaway cause as delivered people couldn't fit anything on its new file system.

As a Treo user I am well aware of its faults. Every phone out there has faults. These faults are most common soon after its release. What's that old adage about throwing the first stone ? How many of us would be willing to live with our Treos w/o the 3 system upgrades, an SD card, Volume care, Crash and all the other little doodads it to to make it a devices we were happy with....well acceptably happy with ?
I don't come across alot of threads /WM palm-WX that users are chatting about not having the features needed.A2dp was the big complaint but my friend hannip made that available hacking into the Verizon wx
.I think this comes down to the basics Jack.The future phone does not live up to it's blue ribbon so many users are finding out when viewing links that surur has provided.
I'm sure it's helped many that were thinking of going ipod phone make there decision.
This is a really great thread with no bull...just great lnks to real life iphone users post.
We must not forget about the Apple fan boys that post in the thread as well.We can only hope that there denial of facts will end.

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
As for you playground response you desire, I'll pass; I'm sure you are all too familiar with playgrounds from your own lonely past. Don't involve me in your imaginary conversations.

Pass ? ....you did no such thing. A "playground response" is when you ignore everything that was said and make an unrelated response, usually in insult in a vain attempt to address the loss of pride in losing an argument.

"The basket doesn't count because your foot stepped outta bounds before ya shot". "Er....em..... ya mother dresses you funny"... or....."you have a lonely past."

You did it, again, in exemplary form.

And just to again address the lack of logic on that sentence. A playground is a place where numbers of children gather. Hard to be lonely in a group of kids. The lonely child was the one inside playing with his atari.....when that kid grew up, he replaced his atari with a smartphone and used it to try and get people to notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73