10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
No need to lock this thread...there is lots left to discuss, esp as the iPhone "enhancements/fixes" come out.

Censorship doesn't fit an AOD fan.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Come on Mal post a NEW iPHONE slam and not these never ending personal attacks.
eh, according to oavelrez it's stupid, silly thread, so I guess I can do whatever I want. :thumbsup:

Besides, my last post was hardly a personal attack. Care to clarify?

btw, what are you doing in here? Why do you care about the integrity of this thread? Why not go back to your "What do you hate about Windows Mobile" thread. It seemed to be a huge hit :thumbsup:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
so funny they are...almost like politicians. Malatesta the biggest con of all in that he's resorted to editing and re-directing posts.....he no longer can keep track of what is true and false!

nice try, Mal!

we can all see how much this all pains you, and yours.

you're so yesterday.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
and how some others feel about Treos and TreoCentral in general:

I took the plunge today, and ordered a Mogul through SERO. I should have it Thursday, and if it performs as I expect it to, my 700P is going to a needy teenager.

I've gotten a huge amount of info from this site, and its' members for several years before I actually registered. So many tips & tricks.

I disagreed with some of the practices that some of the mods have used :mad: , but, overall this has been a great website.

After receiving my Mogul, I don't see much reason to come by a dedicated Treo site.

So to all that have helped, amused, befuddled, entertained me, a huge sloppy wet kiss, and a thank you.

To all the whiners, haters, & instigators (yeah, you in particular blondie), go :censored: yourself.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
If only oalvarez had that much sense :rolleyes:
Not addressing your point directly (because I haven't checked oalvarez's post history and s/he might post all over Treo Central for all I know), but this 'Other handhelds' forum is in the forum list at Treo Central, WM Experts and Phone Different. If you post here you're posting to a Treo-dedicated site, a WM-dedicated site and an iPhone-dedicated site.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Not addressing your point directly (because I haven't checked oalvarez's post history and s/he might post all over Treo Central for all I know), but this 'Other handhelds' forum is in the forum list at Treo Central, WM Experts and Phone Different. If you post here you're posting to a Treo-dedicated site, a WM-dedicated site and an iPhone-dedicated site.

From tonight in the Treo forums:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=1313470&postcount=12

If I were oalvarez with my new iPhone I'd head over to maclife.com etc and commune with other new iPhone users instead of trolling the Treo forums. If he's done with the Treo he's done, no? It would seem a better use of time in finding news and tricks regarding the iPhone. The PhoneDifferent site is all but dead here and being a troll is pretty frickin' lame.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
From tonight in the Treo forums:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=1313470&postcount=12

If I were oalvarez with my new iPhone I'd head over to maclife.com etc and commune with other new iPhone users instead of trolling the Treo forums. If he's done with the Treo he's done, no? It would seem a better use of time in finding news and tricks regarding the iPhone. The PhoneDifferent site is all but dead here and being a troll is pretty frickin' lame.

I don't see anything wrong with non Treo users hanging around this dedicated site as long as they aren't trolling or causing confrentation. There are some ex-Treo users still hear that are good people but I agree that some of the iBone lovers need to get lost. (e.g. if ya love your iPhone that much and hate the Treo go somewhere where iphone users can rejoice). :)

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with non Treo users hanging around this dedicated site as long as they aren't trolling or causing confrentation.
I agree, but just to make my point again, this forum isn't only in a Treo dedicated site it's also in a WM-dedicated site and an iPhone-dedicated site. What might be considered trolling here is probably different to what might be considered trolling in the main bodies of the sites (the bits dedicated to Treos, WM devices and iPhones respectively).

I don't have a Treo anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in Treos and unless I'm told otherwise by site admin I'll continue to post at Treo Central. I don't think ownership is the test, but if it were then I guess I'd be one of the few posting in this 'Other Handhelds' forum (as my phone isn't a Treo, WM device or an iPhone :))

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Some clarification from admin as to what they'd like to go where might be useful and might do something to reduce the number of accusations of trolling that are flying around.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I agree, but just to make my point again, this forum isn't only in a Treo dedicated site it's also in a WM-dedicated site and an iPhone-dedicated site. What might be considered trolling here is probably different to what might be considered trolling in the main bodies of the sites (the bits dedicated to Treos, WM devices and iPhones respectively).

I don't have a Treo anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in Treos and unless I'm told otherwise by site admin I'll continue to post at Treo Central. I don't think ownership is the test, but if it were then I guess I'd be one of the few posting in this 'Other Handhelds' forum (as my phone isn't a Treo, WM device or an iPhone :))

Also, if anybody has any ounce of intention of returning to Palm one day, lurking around here is informative for them...if Palm can make a come back or even better, return from the dead, and informative to others because of their past Palm experience giving them the capability to extend help when needed.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Wow. Some bugs are really bizarre.

- Scary Situation (Iphone earspeaker)

smo84 07-19-2007 09:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scary Situation (Iphone earspeaker)

So I was on a call last night with the headphones, everything was working fine. I hang up that call and unplug the headphones, immediately I get another call. Mind you it is on vibrate, it flashed real fast and then the screen went off. So I didn?t think I had a call until I hit the home button and then slid the bar across to answer. Well I couldn?t hear anything, so I said hrmm maybe a glitch, and hit the speaker button. I was able to hear / talk fine through speaker, but it seems that the handset ear speaker was not working. I did a hard reset / Restore and still nothing.

After some troubleshooting, i also noticed that my keyboard clicks in SMS did not work either (it was off vibrate at this time). So this morning on the subway i did another hard reset and the keyboard clicks came back and i just tested an inbound / outbound call and was able to hear through the handset speaker.

Let?s hope they get firmware 1.1 out there real soon....

Anyone else ever hear of / have a problem like this?

mcdermd 07-20-2007 09:47 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same problem. I did a restore and resets. Keyclicks work in safari and texts now but the proximity sensor still doesn't work so the earpiece speaker never engages and the keyboard never locks. :mad:

Off to the Apple store tomorrow, I guess.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=331599

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Revisiting an old thread. Page 2: Some voodoo going on there.

Apps randomly closing while using my iPhone!
The Viking 07-08-2007 04:55 PM

This is unacceptable to me. I have used Windows Mobile devices for years, and they've typically required reboots every other day to run smoothly. Now, my Apple phone has to be rebooted every day to remain remotely stable?

It's a great phone, but Safari crashing both randomly and reproducibly (trying to search on the Apple trailers site, for instance) is a major failing of one of the core functions of this device. This had better be solved via a very quick update from Apple!

ctakim 07-08-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Viking (Post 3891782)
This is unacceptable to me. I have used Windows Mobile devices for years, and they've typically required reboots every other day to run smoothly. Now, my Apple phone has to be rebooted every day to remain remotely stable?

It's a great phone, but Safari crashing both randomly and reproducibly (trying to search on the Apple trailers site, for instance) is a major failing of one of the core functions of this device. This had better be solved via a very quick update from Apple!

Hmmm, me thinks you have a very low level of tolerance. I don't see how taking a few seconds to clear out the memory of you iPhone every few days is a major problem. After about 4 days of heavy use I had the problem with Safari and after I turned it off and on I have not had it happen since. It is not like the phone locks up or bricks until you reboot. :)

Cleverboy 07-08-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Viking (Post 3891782)
This is unacceptable to me. I have used Windows Mobile devices for years, and they've typically required reboots every other day to run smoothly. Now, my Apple phone has to be rebooted every day to remain remotely stable? It's a great phone, but Safari crashing both randomly and reproducibly (trying to search on the Apple trailers site, for instance) is a major failing of one of the core functions of this device. This had better be solved via a very quick update from Apple!

My phone is very stable. I've used it all week. I've browsed Apple trailers just fine... I... um...

(15 minutes later) Thanks. You just cost me 15 minutes. The Die Hard trailer interview with Kevin Smith and Bruce Willis is great, BTW. :) Saturday I noticed that it was crashing Safari a lot. I cleared the cache and RESTARTed the device. Wasn't a big deal. I've probably restarted the phone 3 times this week (including this one). I only restarted it this time because of Safari crash problems. The other two I did it because I was playing with it. I'm only saying this not to say, "Nyah, nyah, my phone works." but to suggest that adjusting what you do might not be that much of a stretch. I'll say this though... we're only a week or so from launch. Whenever you bought this phone, you've still got time to return it if its too much of a chore to keep it working well. From what I understand, people are generally TOLD to restart their phones on a regular basis. My last carrier seemed to question why anyone would think their phone should be left on 24 hours a day, even if much of the time is in stand by mode. Generally when the phone is off, they do some type of update, I'm not sure.

~ CB

HenMaster6000 07-09-2007 02:51 PM

this is happening to me, as well. it's terrible not to be able to surf and listen at once.

i hope that apple sends some updates asap.

kpetree10 07-18-2007 02:37 PM

I also am having the same problem. It happens in all apps, I could be just bowsing with safari, getting directions, or listening to music. It does happen alot even if I am not multitasking. I usually just do a soft reset and it fixes it for a while.

ukneeq 07-18-2007 03:26 PM

Problem mainly in safari

I'm also having the same issue. I have only experienced it with Safari. I have had Safari crash on a variety of webpages. Also my music playback stops when I go to Safari after about 30-45 seconds. I haven't had any problems with the other apps. Hopefully a software update for Safari will fix the issue!

DJ Hurricane 07-19-2007 10:17 AM

This has happened a few times to me... Now I am in the habbit of holding the home button for 4seconds to "Quit" programs so they are not running in the background... seems to help. With WindowsMobile, I allways added a desktop software that CLOSED programs when i hit the close button... we need a Quit app like that for Iphone!

jvanlee1 07-19-2007 01:35 PM

The folks over at iPhoneAtlas recommend keeping about 10% free space on the iPhone to give things space to work. I'm going to delete a movie and see how that helps. Can't hurt.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=325013

Sounds like people are floundering around, looking for magic answers for their travails. I thought the iPhone was meant to free people from these problems?

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
NSA getting in on the basement with the next Razr?

Salty Pirate 07-18-2007 10:58 PM

Russian site claims iphone spyware

russian- take with grain of salt

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
iPhone has a built-in spyware module?
Today an underground hacker team "web-Hack" from Russia released a whitepaper with results of iPhone firmware research. They reverse- engineered some functions and published this information. Results of a research shocked community. Russian hackers found a built-in function which sends all data from an iPhone to a specified web-server. Contacts from a phonebook, SMS, recent calls, history of Safari browser - all your personal information can be stolen.
At present there is no additional information about this issue. Researches assume that this function either a debug feature or a built-in backdoor module for some governmental structures. Anyways this function can be used by a trojan-developers or activated by the AT&T.
We will monitor all information about this accident and will publish it immediately.

http://vsiphone.blogspot.com/2007/07...re-module.html

chhc 07-20-2007 06:18 PM

iPhone a Trojan Horse For Government Surveillance?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...rveillance.htm

sblasl 07-20-2007 06:37 PM

Too much paranoia. If anyone is listening in on me, there going to be pretty bored.

mkrishnan 07-20-2007 06:38 PM

Good thing my RAZR isn't transmitting all the naughty things I say to my girlfriend. :eek:

ghall 07-20-2007 07:30 PM

It's no more vulnerable than any other phone.

Sobe 07-20-2007 07:31 PM

They might need to start selling iPhones with little tin-foil hats soon...

chuckzee 07-20-2007 07:51 PM

this is big

If this proves to be true, apple can forget about selling millions and millions.

http://kurtnimmo.com/?p=931

uscmatt 07-20-2007 07:53 PM

Don't worry, if you buy the Apple bluetooth it locks the backdoor. Problem solved. I'd keep the tin-foil hat on just for assurance though.

aristobrat 07-20-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Earlier this week, a technology group in Russia released the results of their attempts to reverse engineer the iPhone, concluding that the product has "A built-in function which sends all data from an iPhone to a specified web-server. Contacts from a phonebook, SMS, recent calls, history of Safari browser - all your personal information can be stolen."

BlackBerrys on BES have that too. They call it "wireless backup". :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something like that with .Mac some day...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=331491

Cant say if this is true or not, but its amazing how blas? iPhone users are about the JesusPhone reporting on them. I guess being able to resize their pictures makes up for everything.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
^ and some people might like the iPhone because they still can't find an answer:

I thought I'd throw this one out there and see what comes back. I'm on my 3rd refurbished 650 from Verizon this week. The latest issue is WEB. I click the button and get a bright white lit screen--nothing else. This will hold for 30 minutes without going away or until I soft reset. Nothing new has been added to the phone in over 18 months. Verizon and palm cannot explain the problem. When I hard reset and restore factory settings, I have web again. But upon syncing back all my apps, no more web. They think its one of my apps but as I said, this problem has never occured in over a year and a half and nothing new is on the phone. Any suggestions before I go for refurbished #4? Thanks

the fortitude of some folk... thought you'd like that one, Surur :)

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
this person might be the next in line for an iPhone or Blackberry:

I bought a 680 two weeks ago. All of my apps and data from my 650 transferred beautifully. Now the 680 resets each time I receive a text message.

I have the following 3rd part apps installed:

Ringo Pro
Agendus Pro

(I've done resets and removing apps to see if there's a conflict. Nothing seems to work.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

the suffrage. :(

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
poor guy...can't even use his device...yet another that might be looking for a new device that works....and to think that he feels "nakid" without it...

darn those pesky 3rd party apps

Ok I'm sure there are already posts out there on this, but for the life of me I cannot find them:

All of a sudden this morning my Treo is failing on Bootup. It gets to "Palm OS Powered by ACCESS" and just sits there. Doing the reset while holding Up gets me into the Treo in it's "safe mode", so I'm sure it's some 3rd party software killing me that is loading on boot. The last software I installed was Butler, last week, and it's had no problems rebooting (it does about 1-2x a day) until now. I've removed it anyways and no change.

What software is out there I can use to find out what is loading into the background? Is there software to list what will load on bootup (and possibly disable them?)

Thanks! I feel so nakid without my Treo working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox