10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
This whole thread is how the iPhone isn't perfect. I did not say you are not enjoying your IPhone. I have said all along calling it perfect is hyperbole and unwarranted. Hence the comment when you did.

Believe me, its not personal.

Surur

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
surur the fan boys don't like the facts.
They should be happy your pointing out faults of iphone fever.Your doing a good thing.

Phil C

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Apple stock just hit another new high. It is up 17% since the iPhone became available in spite of this thread.
Apparently on the back of Piper Jaffray upping the target price to $205. This is based on estimates of the additional revenue from each AT&T customer and a sales estimate of 45 million iPhones in 2009:

http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/41762

45 million sure would be a lot of devices - more than half the size of the 2006 smartphone market.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
This whole thread is how the iPhone isn't perfect. I did not say you are not enjoying your IPhone. I have said all along calling it perfect is hyperbole and unwarranted. Hence the comment when you did.

Surur

Never did I say the iPhone is perfect. I said for some people, it fits their needs perfectly. That is a big difference. Even the hardest iPhone supporters will admit to some lack of features. For me, I want a phone I can text, browse the web, and listen to music on. I find the WM interface to be terrible (it actually gives me a stomach ache to look at my old 8125 now), and the blackberry to be to limited in the browsing and music features (second to none in email though). So, I actually love the iPhone for what it does for me.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Heck, I guess we should continue and drive the stock up another 50%.
I guess if you believe it takes two to tango then you might believe negative views contribute to the hype. I think Ars Technica had a comment to this effect. Personally, I have considerable doubts that this thread is having much of an effect on stock price though! :)

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Apparently on the back of Piper Jaffray upping the target price to $205. This is based on estimates of the additional revenue from each AT&T customer and a sales estimate of 45 million iPhones in 2009:

http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/41762

45 million sure would be a lot of devices - more than half the size of the 2006 smartphone market.
Who cares about how many they sold.It does not take the facts away that the iphone is simply a,
Pretty screen
MP3 player
Phone
Web browser using the edge network with wifi capability.
Pretty user inerface.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Never did I say the iPhone is perfect. I said for some people, it fits their needs perfectly. That is a big difference.

And I disagree even with this statement. Nothing in the world is ever perfect. If the iPhone was perfect for some-one why would they buy the iPhone II or any other phone in their life.

I am making a plea for hyperbole-free iPhone promotion, thats all.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
And I disagree even with this statement. Nothing in the world is ever perfect. If the iPhone was perfect for some-one why would they buy the iPhone II or any other phone in their life.

I am making a plea for hyperbole-free iPhone promotion, thats all.

Surur

Wow, you really need to get out more. I wonder if you would have said anything if I claimed a WM 6 was the perfect device for somebody.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
I'm crying because I disagree with you? Wow, where in the forum rules does it state that I cannot have a different opinion?

The iphone users in this thread need to stop taking baby steps && wake up.Go to the links that surru has posted and read read read.
You will find 90% of the negative feed back is from the iphone user.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
On that point, lets get back to some quotes.

iPhoneyboy 07-19-2007 11:27 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assigning "no ring tone" for a specific contact?

So have I missed something? I want to assign "no ring tone" for a specific contact in on my iPhone. Specifically, my ex-wife. I used to be able to do this with my old phone. It was nice to never have to answer her calls (or to be bothered by the ringer - then ignoring her call). Has anyone else noticed this lacking feature?

D1G1T4L 07-20-2007 12:27 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhoneyboy (Post 3940566)
So have I missed something? I want to assign "no ring tone" for a specific contact in on my iPhone. Specifically, my ex-wife. I used to be able to do this with my old phone. It was nice to never have to answer her calls (or to be bothered by the ringer - then ignoring her call). Has anyone else noticed this lacking feature?

Yeah I had a program on my Treo that pushed numbers I picked straight to voice mail.

I think once we get the ability to add custom ring tones a "silent" ring will be used :)

Now where is that update :p

The Prise 07-20-2007 02:43 AM

just give your ex wive that number that your suppose to give out to the people who you meet at bars but dont wanna really give your number. she will get the point.

PowerFullMac 07-20-2007 06:56 AM

Use Sound Studio or whatever (any voice recording software) and record a 2 second blank sound then delete the bits at the beginning and end where you hear the clicks, then convert it to acc (.m4a) and follow the 'Ringtones' tutorial on www.hacktheiphone.com

badtzmaru 07-20-2007 11:55 AM

dont give your ex wife your phone number! what good is a silent ringer if she just calls you from another number? Or *67s you?

Sobe 07-20-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhoneyboy (Post 3940566)

I wish I had a solution for you, but that's really pretty funny.

diamond.g 07-20-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 3942309)
dont give your ex wife your phone number! what good is a silent ringer if she just calls you from another number? Or *67s you?

A silent ringer is great when you are able to set all no caller id'ed numbers to it. Or even numbers not in your phone book.

iPhoneyboy 07-20-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond.g (Post 3942348)
A silent ringer is great when you are able to set all no caller id'ed numbers to it. Or even numbers not in your phone book.

The bottom line is that we need (expect) more options on a phone like this. Are you listening Apple?

Or it may be funnier to say, can you hear me now?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=331900

Surur

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Who cares about how many they sold.
It's a projection of future sales not a report of anything that's happened. I'd imagine it would be of interest to Microsoft, Nokia, Palm, SonyEricsson, RIM, Motorola, HTC, North American, European and other carriers... etc, etc.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Mobileman, its not all about you. Step down soldier...

Star-fire 07-20-2007 10:33 AM

Google Maps Pins...

Can you place one wherever you want? For example if I want to keep track of fishing locations? I can't search the point to add a bookmark, but I can't find a way so I'm guessing there isn't.

ufmedrudy 07-20-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star-fire (Post 3942001)
Can you place one wherever you want? For example if I want to keep track of fishing locations? I can't search the point to add a bookmark, but I can't find a way so I'm guessing there isn't.

Cant add pins in Google Maps, only bookmark locations

Star-fire 07-20-2007 11:08 AM

I figured, what we really need is a right click alternative, maybe in that magical update! :)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=332021

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site

Surur

this whole thread is crap. it should be expected to find some "thread crapping" on the dung that was originally laid when you created this post.

it's to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods