10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
OK then.

WM is an evolving OS, and has many areas where is can still catch up with other mobile OS's. It has its strong points, and it has its weak points.

Since Oalvarez is no doubt more interested in weak points, I shall list a few.

I think it needs better remote management options. Remote wipe is fine, but blackberries can install apps remotely, so I think enterprise device management and provisioning is still not fully developed. Locking down the device is still too complicated.

The browser is pretty poor. The Symbian S60 browser is much better.

Pocket WMP is a joke really. It could be a lot better, and I am not talking coverflow. They should basically just implement the Zune UI for the media app instead.

Some regularly used processes are still too cumbersome e.g. to activate A2DP with some devices is a 6 step process, showing little thought has been put into making these features easier or user friendly.

WM needs to move up from 16 bit to 24 bit colour.

The OS needs sideshow functionality built-in.

The UI is still not fully keyboard usable, with some small areas where you are forced to touch the screen.

This doesn't bother me, but obviously visual pizazz is missing, and a much desired feature by the general populous.

etc etc. I could really do a very long list. Some issues will be addresses by the next OS, some can already be addressed by 3rd party software, and some one has to learn to live with.

Surur

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Sales figures do not equal customer satisfaction or what percentage of the features a user desires from a product before they buy it. People make compromises all the time when they buy stuff. You're full of BS there bro if you think otherwise.

They make compromises on what they "need" ? Do you recognize the difference between "want" and "need" ?

You "need" food and water to live, how often do you compromise on that ?

You "need" to show up on time and do your job to stay employed, how often does your boss compromise on that ?

A customer may "want" lots of things, but he finally settles with himself what he "needs" and some of what he wants. If someone "needs" something to perform his job, and doesn't provide it it, he's fired.

My son needs to wear his uniform to the CAP encampment he's going to this weekend. He "needs" to bring certain equipment, books, manuals, etc. He shows up missing anything he needs, he is sent home.

He heads of to college, he "needs" to have certain books for the curriculum. He needs to bring a computer with minimum specifications. If he "wants" he can bring other books if his budget and time permits. If he wants he can bring a gaming rig and play games in his spare time. But this does not equate to a "need".

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
They make compromises on what they "need" ? Do you recognize the difference between "want" and "need" ?

You "need" food and water to live, how often do you compromise on that ?

You "need" to show up on time and do your job to stay employed, how often does your boss compromise on that ?

A customer may "want" lots of things, but he finally settles with himself what he "needs" and some of what he wants. If someone "needs" something to perform his job, and doesn't provide it it, he's fired.

My son needs to wear his uniform to the CAP encampment he's going to this weekend. He "needs" to bring certain equipment, books, manuals, etc. He shows up missing anything he needs, he is sent home.

He heads of to college, he "needs" to have certain books for the curriculum. He needs to bring a computer with minimum specifications. If he "wants" he can bring other books if his budget and time permits. If he wants he can bring a gaming rig and play games in his spare time. But this does not equate to a "need".

As you said Jack, we only really need food, water and shelter. Everything else after that is want, but we cant all be bums.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
OK then.

WM is an evolving OS, and has many areas where is can still catch up with

introduced in 2002-2003....it's now 2007.

5yrs of evolution

shall we play your version of copying and pasting threads related to its revolutionary bugs that still continue to appear in newer releases?

would be pretty silly, wouldn't it...

<snicker>

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Do you disbelieve me then? You dont think the people who bought the deficient iPhone did so because they think Apple will fix the problems later?

Answer the question. You made a statement, I challenged it with a question. If you can't answer it, you lose the point. Again you come back with a 23 step kludge to provide ringtones when my point was "what if you don't care about ringtones ?"

Surur: "That deli sux cause you don't get free pickles with a sandwhich"

Jack: "I don't like pickles and this deli has better coldcuts, better bread and I get my sandwich in half the time."

Surur: "Look, your deli is now giving out free pickles next week, so you must wanna go to my deli now"

Jack: "No, I still don't care whether or not I get a pickle and I still get better coldcuts, better bread and wait half the time."

Surur: "Hey I found out that if you do a 23 step jig, your deli will give you a free pickle....you wanna go to my deli now ?"

Jack: "No, again, I still don't care whether or not I get a pickle and I still get better coldcuts, better bread and wait half the time. I am not interested in pickles, I will never be interested in pickles, please accept the fact that I don't like pickles and that I don't even like to be around people who eat pickles."

You need to go read a few mac forums.

Do you even think about how ridiculous that sounds. So I suppose I should judge the relative superiority of the Treo by reading this forum. Not lilkely to find any threads like this here:

-Treo sux
-treo is dead
-treo has bugs
-after all this time, this is our upgrade ?
-why doesn't the new treo have ... ?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
So its not the JesusScreen?

radiantm3 07-19-2007 12:51 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some iPhone screens do scratch easily

I've seen the various videos of stress-testing the iPhone and although they did put the iPhone in with a bag of keys and shook it up, I'm extra careful not to keep anything in the same pocket as my iPhone. My wife on the other hand, gave it a try and the test failed. Well, not on purpose. I told her to keep her iPhone in a separate pouch in her purse so it doesn't rub against anything that could potentially scratch it.

She did a good job for the last few weeks, but I guess she was in a rush this morning or something. She happened to put her phone in the same compartment that had her keys and a pen. When she pulled it out, there was a pretty visible scratch across the glass. Of course I was pretty upset as it's only a few weeks old and I told her countless times to keep it in a safe place. :eek: Anyways, I don't know if there are iPhones with different glass material floating around, but her phone scratched pretty easily and it's a shame. Just a word of caution to play it safe even though that cnet video shows how much damage it can potentially withstand.

zap2 07-19-2007 01:35 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bummer...but again, the reports are that its strong...not harmable....but as always I'll be watching over mine.

scriptkitten 07-19-2007 07:50 AM

thanks for your post. after reading this i decided to fully inspect my screen and i did notice two very tiny pin prick specks a few milimeters apart. definitely not dirt, since i couldn't get them off after much treatment with iKlean.

i've been babying the iPhone and only put it in my purse in a separate compartment with nothing else but my metro card....

i'm not upset, but its just evidence that the screen is not a JesusScreen.

i started out with a powersuport film on my iPhone on day 1, but took it off last week after reading the boards here. just now, i installed my 2nd powersupport film and its gonna stay there. dings on metal are one thing but i'd like to preserve the screen as long as possible.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=331516

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Jack, your assumption that the people who bought the iPhone do not care about the missing features are unwarranted. The people who queued up for the iPhone are the same people posting on the forums, and they want their custom ring tones. They are also sure Apple will provide.

Surur

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
introduced in 2002-2003....it's now 2007.

5yrs of evolution

shall we play your version of copying and pasting threads related to its revolutionary bugs that still continue to appear in newer releases?

would be pretty silly, wouldn't it...

<snicker>

No need, as there's already another forum just for that topic, and it would be considered off topic here. You want to go bash the WM users in their forum though, go right ahead.

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Jack, your assumption that the people who bought the iPhone do not care about the missing features are unwarranted. The people who queued up for the iPhone are the same people posting on the forums, and they want their custom ring tones. They are also sure Apple will provide.

Don't put words in my mouth. A person not caring enough about ringtones when he bought an iPhone that he still went ahead and bought it.....or didn't bring it back when he found out....is certainly not going to be upset that Apple will provide updates. Most vendors want to keep their customers happy and will do what is economically justifiable to keep them happy.

What I was saying is that just because the absence of ringtones is important to you and would affect your purchase decision, many people are not so interested in "fluff". We don't allow ringtones on business phones. We consider it disruptive and unprofessional. I welcome the policy, ... I have the same rule at home....my kids want long, loud, annoying things they can go find another roof to live under and annoy the begeezes outta those people.

Heck, I'd welcome alotta things on my 650....but I'm not running out to replace it cause those features are not not there. The POINT is I am still using it despite those things because their absence is not signiifcant enough to change my decision on what tool i want to use.

The question is not whether they care enough at all, it is whether they care enough not to buy ? Going back to the "deli wars"...

Surur: "Hey my deli now offers cole slaw free with ya sandwich, bet ya think ya deli sux now"

Jack: "Well I do like cole slaw but I ain't givin up better coldcuts, better bread and getting my sandwich in half the time to get it."

Surur: "Oh yeah, well some of your deli's customers are complainin and your deli owner said he gonna start offering cole slaw next week so even ya deli owner must think he sux"

Jack: "Well that's all fine and good, I'll take the free cole salw if and when it arrives but it is certainly not gonna matter one way or the other which deli I choose...... better coldcuts, better bread and waiting half the time is still the key to my purchase decision."

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
What was that you were saying about long posts ?

In fact, my post is only 2 lines long. That other guy's post is rather interesting however.

Re ringtones - you are still missing the point - its not that they do not care enough about ringtones, they "know" the device will get it soon. It had no influence in their buying decision because They Just Know...

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
"no need"

didn't think so.
We already had that thread, b/c of people like yourself didn't like this one: here.

Obviously it didn't attract much attention and died, oh well.

Surur actually answered your post even though we all knew it was a setup on your part, so you could just go <snicker>. :rolleyes:

I'm still not sure what any of this has to do with this thread though...

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
why a setup? (this question could be a setup too, so watch out!)

most all of the posts have nothing to do with this thread. where have you been?

nice try, Mal.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
why a setup? (this question could be a setup too, so watch out!)

most all of the posts have nothing to do with this thread. where have you been?

nice try, Mal.
Because it was a dishonest question and you know that.

You were not really interested in what Surur had to say, you just wanted

(a) him not to respond so you can call him un-even and cannot critique WM at all, ergo his iPhone critiques must be wrong too

(b) him to respond so that you can go "har har, WM sucks too and they've been at it longer"

It was not meant to engage in a serious debate or for you to go "ahhh...you make a good point, dear sir".

Your other argument, the "everyone else is doing it, why can't I?!" really reflects your mentality.

Fact is, llarson, yourself and Jack keep throwing this thread off. You know it, but you do it anyways.

You consistently lack the ambition, need or capability to actually make coherent arguments.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
:confused:
Because it was a dishonest question and you know that.

You were not really interested in what Surur had to say, you just wanted

(a) him not to respond so you can call him un-even and cannot critique WM at all, ergo his iPhone critiques must be wrong too

(b) him to respond so that you can go "har har, WM sucks too and they've been at it longer"

It was not meant to engage in a serious debate or for you to go "ahhh...you make a good point, dear sir".

Your other argument, the "everyone else is doing it, why can't I?!" really reflects your mentality.

Fact is, llarson, yourself and Jack keep throwing this thread off. You know it, but you do it anyways.

You consistently lack the ambition, need or capability to actually make coherent arguments.

nice try, Mal.

i understand how it might be difficult for you to be labeled as wrong from time to time.

argument about "everyone else is doing it?" there you go again, switching it up while putting words in other's mouths.

"throwing this thread off?" oh yes, the original post/poster's comments were so full of insight and direction, so very thought provoking and the like. what a frickin joke.

i don't have an ambition to argue with you, i just like to laugh at your statements. you are a legend in your own mind, you talk a big game.

"throwing this thread off"

HILARIOUS!!! i'm actually laughing! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal