10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Toy=iPHONE
Phone=Treo, or any other WM device
Toy=for children
Phone=For serious adults
Oh my - looks like somebody's inferiority complex just got stepped on. Talk about reading something into an email. You think adults can't have toys? You think adults who work hard can't play? Why would you equate "toy" with "children?" Do you really have such an overwhelming lack of confidence? Have we discovered the root to your seemingly contrary nature around here? ;)

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
And Kupe adds his name to the sad list

Oh my - looks like somebody's inferiority complex just got stepped on. Talk about reading something into an email. You think adults can't have toys? You think adults who work hard can't play? Why would you equate "toy" with "children?" Do you really have such an overwhelming lack of confidence? Have we discovered the root to your seemingly contrary nature around here? ;)

of I have nothing really to add to a useful converstaion but I really want to be heard so I think I'll just BLAH BLAH BLAH.

toy
noun
1 an object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something : [as adj. ] a toy car. ? a person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness : a man needed a friend, an ally, not an idol or a toy.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

llarsen,

The meds are in the little bottle on the left...

I highly doubt you company bought anybody iPhones, especially some salesperson who is feeling a little Napolean.

The more you have to justify how accomplished you are at your job, the more everyone knows the trvth (read into it whatever you want).
- Talking on iPhone
- Basement
- Mom's house
- Worlds of Warcraft
- Dortios and Redbull
- Jessica Alba
- Astroglide

Am I getting warm yet?

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Does the Dell have a Wireless card? What size screen? Software included?

Look forward to your answers.

Since llarson is convinced I never actually contribute anything except point out his many spelling errors, lies, or blatant failure to read a post before making a derisive response to it, here you go:

What laptop that's less than 5 years old hasn't shipped with internal WiFi? Just in case that's not clear enough, yes to the first question. Can be configured with 802.11a/g/n. The screen size is 17" 1900x1200. Software: Microsoft Works but can be customized with whatever flavor of Office you want. Plus a bunch of other bundles stuff like CD burning software, etc. Anyways, you can check it all out yourself right here. I'm pretty sure that's the laptop he was referring to.

SoufSidah09

Dec 29, 2004
Visit site
Since llarson is convinced I never actually contribute anything except point out his many spelling errors, lies, or blatant failure to read a post before making a derisive response to it, here you go:

What laptop that's less than 5 years old hasn't shipped with internal WiFi? Just in case that's not clear enough, yes to the first question. Can be configured with 802.11a/g/n. The screen size is 17" 1900x1200. Software: Microsoft Works but can be customized with whatever flavor of Office you want. Plus a bunch of other bundles stuff like CD burning software, etc. Anyways, you can check it all out yourself right here. I'm pretty sure that's the laptop he was referring to.

omg! this thread is bookmarked on my 700wx!
I haven't laughed so much in a long time!

hey llarson, where r u?

I can't blame him though, I guess I would hide to if I just found out that apple has been a** raping me for years and the soarness just started kicking in...

hey where's the great surur??
please don't stop still sir! i'm really enjoying the onslaught of facts about apples $PHONE, I think the appologist are starting to see they really got suckered into bending over and taking one for the team! :D

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Many say that WM devices have alot of catching up to do hmmm
They couldn't be farther from the truth so it seems.The cracker jack iphone has a great screen with pretty user interface and no guts.This is not a put down of owners but hey..you got taken.To convince your self otherwise...your taken your self for a ride going no were.

Phil C

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Seems Jack forgot about Tickle Me Elmo....

(The iPhone and Elmo are both toys, so it's a fair comparison.)

Not if you can manage to stay on topic, that being smart phones. Tho most people who on one can't seem to stop playing with it, their most frequent thing to do with ther Treo / Crackberry / HTC / Sidekick being showing it of and saying "isn't my gadget cool, doesn't that make me cool"

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Many say that WM devices have alot of catching up to do hmmm
They couldn't be farther from the truth so it seems.The cracker jack iphone has a great screen with pretty user interface and no guts.This is not a put down of owners but hey..you got taken.To convince your self otherwise...your taken your self for a ride going no were.

Phil C

I love it when people assume they know whats best for other people. I would take my iPhone over any win mobile device any day. But, thats just me.

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Exaggerate much?

Surur

So stay on topic [this is the other handhelds section] and prove me wrong. 1 million iPhone activations and there'd be many, many more if people could simply get their hands on them. My son has been trying and the four stores he has gone to have waiting lists in the thousands. To qualify as a device in the iPhone's or this forum sections category and to be fairly compared, it must have

-restricted sales to US only as eurasian carriers can't release until after specific sales quotas have been reached in US.
-it must be suitable for discussion in this section of the forum being a smart phone / multimedia device
-it must be a single model / year, not combining sales over the entire model's years or combining sales different models with same / similar names.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
So stay on topic [this is the other handhelds section] and prove me wrong. 1 million iPhone activations and there'd be many, many more if people could simply get their hands on them. My son has been trying and the four stores he has gone to have waiting lists in the thousands. To qualify as a device in the iPhone's or this forum sections category and to be fairly compared, it must have

-restricted sales to US only as eurasian carriers can't release until after specific sales quotas have been reached in US.
-it must be suitable for discussion in this section of the forum being a smart phone / multimedia device
-it must be a single model / year, not combining sales over the entire model's years or combining sales different models with same / similar names.

Jack, Can you point to a source for the "million" activations? The onyl place I saw this was a blog with no backup.

AT&T may have posted it, but I have not seen it.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

So instead of saying:

The iPhone has outsold any other device on the planet in a weekend.

You meant to say:

The Iphone sold more in a weekend than any other single smartphone or multimedia device has sold in one year in the US?

Doesn't quite trickle of the tongue as nicely, does it?

The original x-box sold 3.5 million in its first year, the Wii sold 3 million in only 6 months, as did the PS2 and the XBox 360. The Sikekick sold 1.1 million in 2006. You know even the Zune also sold a million in one year. Its not an impressive number.

Maybe you want to reserve the grandiose claims for when the full year results come in?

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Not if you can manage to stay on topic, that being smart phones. Tho most people who on one can't seem to stop playing with it, their most frequent thing to do with ther Treo / Crackberry / HTC / Sidekick being showing it of and saying "isn't my gadget cool, doesn't that make me cool"

Oh, _that_ type of device. ;-)

Yes, it's a bit hard compares, as rarely has there been a hyped sales event/weekend such as the iPhone. It was almost like opening weekend for a movie.

I bet it did sell more than any other phone in it's first weekend release (has any other phone be released in this way? I don't think so.)

The majority was online, and not in stores. I think the onlin orders have been arriving last week.

I have never seen someone show off thier phone - although I get questions about my Treo and people call is a Blackberry.

As for showing off iPhones, I am in Apple-ville central and have seen a whooping two in the wild. I assume this number will rise, but I find it odd there are so few seen (in comparison to the posts on other forums.)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
please don't stop still sir! i'm really enjoying the onslaught of facts about apples $PHONE, I think the appologist are starting to see they really got suckered into bending over and taking one for the team! :D

Here's something funny to ponder upon.

At MacRomors they had to open up a whole new forum, the iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting forum, as the regular iPhone forum was getting overrun with complaints, problems and "negativity".

Interestingly none of the other Apple devices (MacBook, AppleTV, Ipod, Mac Pro etc) has the honour of this privilege.

Even funnier is that it hardly seems to make a difference to the number of complaints cluttering both forums, no matter how fast the mods move them "out of sight".

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Wow Mikec I couldn't have made you look worse

llarsen,

The meds are in the little bottle on the left...

I highly doubt you company bought anybody iPhones, especially some salesperson who is feeling a little Napolean.

The more you have to justify how accomplished you are at your job, the more everyone knows the trvth (read into it whatever you want).
- Talking on iPhone
- Basement
- Mom's house
- Worlds of Warcraft
- Dortios and Redbull
- Jessica Alba
- Astroglide

Am I getting warm yet?

If I had tried.

I really hope some of the more mature people here can get Mikec to stay on topic and stop these personal attacks.

I guess Mikec has nothing to add to the conversation. Mikec maybe you can learn a little something form the words of Mark Twain- "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Here is a comparision CountChocula

All I can say is see:

http://www.systemshootouts.org/shootouts/desktop/2006/0809_dt3200.html

http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/features/macproprice/index.php

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33576

The machines aren?t identical each has a few advantages but I think they?re fairly comparable in terms of the needs of a power user.

Come on guys this is the oldest Mac vs. Windows argument ever. How it ties into the iPHONE I am not sure except a lot of the people here hate anything Apple.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
SoufSidah09 adds his name to the list of I have nothing to add but...

omg! this thread is bookmarked on my 700wx!
I haven't laughed so much in a long time!

hey llarson, where r u?

I can't blame him though, I guess I would hide to if I just found out that apple has been a** raping me for years and the soarness just started kicking in...

...A** this and Bend over that and the soreness (as CountChocula likes to point out it isn't soarness).

With people like this as friends Bruckwine , Diva and Surur I am sure your points will be taken seriously.

But back to the iPHONE.

New web based app - A web application called SeeqPod lets you listen to music files publicly available on the internet. Point your iPhone to SeeqPod.com/iPhone and start clickin'.

Only heard from on other on the issue of timely releases fro updates tot he iPHONE. When is it to late to release fixes and or an update.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
And there are no Palm OS Troubleshhoting or WM Troubleshooting forums/

Here's something funny to ponder upon.

At MacRomors they had to open up a whole new forum, the iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting forum, as the regular iPhone forum was getting overrun with complaints, problems and "negativity".

Interestingly none of the other Apple devices (MacBook, AppleTV, Ipod, Mac Pro etc) has the honour of this privilege.

Even funnier is that it hardly seems to make a difference to the number of complaints cluttering both forums, no matter how fast the mods move them "out of sight".

Surur

Surur are you saying the Palm OS and the WM OS have not need for troubleshooting tips or these other OS's don't have people complaining?

Are you saying the iPHONE has many more complaints then Palm or WM OS.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur are you saying the Palm OS and the WM OS have not need for troubleshooting tips or these other OS's don't have people complaining?

Are you saying the iPHONE has many more complaints then Palm or WM OS.

I thought the iPhone was supposed to have NONE?

As Benjamin Franklin used to say about iPhone owners: "Those who give up third party apps for stability deserve neither third party apps nor stability." :D :D :D

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Funny a Limey quoting Ben Franklin and on the iPHONE even

I thought the iPhone was supposed to have NONE?

As Benjamin Franklin used to say about iPhone owners: "Those who give up third party apps for stability deserve neither third party apps nor stability." :D :D :D

Surur

And as another great American said,

?Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.?

Steve Jobs:thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro