10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Not with Verizon's Circuit Precedence over Packet Data (CPOP) - you'll never miss a call due to a data session. The technology is available for some 2.5G systems like 1xRTT. Apple wisely avoided Verizon's "inferior" network to use Edge instead. ;)

Best move Verizon made ATT. There were alot of smartphone users (i730w myself) that would miss calls due to activesync in 1x areas. And EV-DO wasn't great in my area back then. It can be disabled if you want, but I can't imagine ever wanting to.

I do miss that, thats for sure!

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Not with Verizon's Circuit Precedence over Packet Data (CPOP) - you'll never miss a call due to a data session. The technology is available for some 2.5G systems like 1xRTT. Apple wisely avoided Verizon's "inferior" network to use Edge instead. ;)

I wouldnt mind it to much if I got some type of indication that I missed a call. Again, this is not an iPhone complaint (since my blackberry does the same thing) but an Edge complaint.

Hey Malatesta, I got some roadmap slides from microsoft today, with a picture and description of the HTC Polaris. That is one nice looking WM6 device.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site

What the heck, Kupe's homework:

CDMA: Both data and voice are separated from signals using codes and then transmited using a wide frequency range. Because of this, there are more space left for data transfer (this was one of the reasons why CDMA is the prefered technology for the 3G generation, which is broadband access and the use of big multimedia messages).

GSM: Even though it is sold as "the latest technology", this technology is older than CDMA (and also TDMA).

Just because you like your iPhone doesn't merit jumping on GSM jock.

The only thing inferior about Verizons network is the old analogue implication of their network and their efforts to upgrade to digital.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
I think he was being sarcastic (at least thats how I read it)
Yup - that's the reason I used the "winking" symbol ( ;) ) at the end of my sarcastic statement. But thanks for sharing your homework, KStewart - sometimes it's the best way to get through a boring school course. :)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
no sane person believes apple rumors, theyre almost always wrong.

I agree the mythical update seems a bit too good to be true, but without it the functionality holes remain also. And with increased functionality comes increased complexity.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
THREAD: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by llarson View Post
and you don't miss a thing. Surur still posting threads from other boards and stating since one or fifty people say it it must be a wide spread problem.

I have a feeling in 5 months this tread will still be going strong with post from Surur copying and pasting some lonely persons gripe that the iPHONE doesn't have MMS and they really really wish it did.

As far as I know ALL OS systems crash programs and anyone who would expect differently is a little out there.

Now living with a Palm Treo 700P and its 5 crashes and resets or freezes a day is bad!

And doing exactly the same thing he's criticizing Surur for. The 5 crashes and resets a day surely must happen to every 700p user then by your argument. Why does mine only reset 1-2 times a week then? (I'm not saying that even that is acceptable, but you're still grossly exaggerating in the same breath you fault someone else for exaggeration).

THREAD: 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
And doing exactly the same thing he's criticizing Surur for. The 5 crashes and resets a day surely must happen to every 700p user then by your argument. Why does mine only reset 1-2 times a week then? (I'm not saying that even that is acceptable, but you're still grossly exaggerating in the same breath you fault someone else's exaggeration).

Palm has acknowledged the many issues faced by 700P owners over and over again.

I take it you never owned a 700P or read any of the Palm release notes or the TreoCentral forums on the 700P.

Nice try though!

So....you're calling me a liar. Thanks. If you actually read my post, you would see that I referred to my 700p not crashing every day, but a few times a week. You could also read my sig, which points to the fact that I use a 700p. And for the record, I have 2. My wife's rarely crashes (once every few weeks). So yes, Palm as acknowledged the issues the 700p has. That doesn't include crashing 5 times a day for every single unit, like you accused them of.

Sorry I missed the reference to my in the post. Wasn't calling you a liar which was obvious since I had misstated that I thought you had never owned a 700P. My main point was that Surur is posting comments from forums and extrapolating from them that there is a bigger problem.

With the 700P Palm acknowledged the fact they had a software issue. It wasn't just a group of random posters saying they had an issue it was the manufacturer stating there was an issue.

5 crashes a day is a number I did grab from the 700P forums and I am sure it is not an average number for most users. But neither is your 1-2 crashes a week as Palm would not have thought there was an issue if the majority of owners had not had more crashes then that.

I think you knew I wasn't calling you a liar as it was obvious I had missed your reference in your post. I still think my argument against Surur's posting are still valid.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
What are you 16 years old?

Tsk tsk llarsen, getting FITA by the Count.

Nice try, though.

See my post above and try to have a little more dignity. By the way I am not 16 so if you have something to say don't use little acronyms like "FITA".

If you can't spell it out fully maybe you shouldn't post it.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
As of today, is there any other carrier that provides a cellphone that does simultaneous voice and data other than at&t?

BTW, when I'm on 3G I'm only using the UMTS radio not the GSM one (which is there for whenever I'm out of a 3G area).

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Perhaps two radios. Perhaps one for old GSM and one for UMTS. HSDPA is software over UMTS.

Gracias for the clarification; I just lump all the that 3G-ey stuff together.

UMTS is the technology, HSDPA is the protocol, and blame Wikipedia for any errors ;-)

Alls I know is I want mo' faster!

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
See my post above and try to have a little more dignity. By the way I am not 16 so if you have something to say don't use little acronyms like "FITA".

If you can't spell it out fully maybe you shouldn't post it.

Sorry the SouthPark humor was lost on you.

Can't we just agree the Palm OS is 10 years old and resets itself because we are trying to cram a bunch of newer tech into an old framework?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
As of today, is there any other carrier that provides a cellphone that does simultaneous voice and data other than at&t?

BTW, when I'm on 3G I'm only using the UMTS radio not the GSM one (which is there for whenever I'm out of a 3G area).

I think that is correct, but I await others to weigh in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit