10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
well

Let's not get started on "time-outs"...most of the youth problems today are due to a lack of arse whooping by parents to let the kids know the limits.

kids ain't dumb, they test ya, and if they know that there is no consequence, they walk all over ya.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Let's not get started on "time-outs"...most of the youth problems today are due to a lack of arse whooping by parents to let the kids know the limits.

kids ain't dumb, they test ya, and if they know that there is no consequence, they walk all over ya.

That's funny. I come on here to see how this thread has evolved, and this is the forst post I read (sorry, its the only one on the page right now).

There are certain times you have to ask "is this really a necessary topic on a cell phone message board? :)

Anyway, still no crashes on my shiny new iPhone...guess when you know how to use a phone you can get by....

1PTUser

May 31, 2007
Visit site
:) Inquiring minds want to know.

:thumbsup: This thread has had me laughing all afternoon and into the night... It even caused me to be late for an engagement that just turned out to be the intermission to my reading. I was personally eager to hear about the real world experiences of iPhone users. Info about their problems was even more interesting after enduring soooooo much hype for soooooo long. Please let Surur do his thing. When I get tired of the "Palm Stinks" threads, I just skip them. Different strokes for different folks. The infotainment value of this thread was only diminished by the bickering. Inquiring minds want to know. :D
Please keep the iphone problems feedback coming on this thread. I don't have a problem finding positives things about the device elsewhere.

Palm Pilot, Pilot Professional, Palm III, Treo 300, Visor Edge, Palm M505, Treo 650, XV6700, Symbol MC50 and about 4 other MS devices supported for work), Treo 700wx currently. BB8830 and Treo 755p by friday for 60-day trial runs.

bclancy

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
BronxBoy, I've always loved that video of your vette smoking the tires, but it looks like it's in LA. I don't recall anyplace like that near NYC (but I've mostly just driven through from NJ to MA several years ago. Am I right? Did you get transplanted onto the left coast?

thx,
--
Bob

mmereos

Apr 28, 2005
Visit site
:thumbsup: This thread has had me laughing all afternoon and into the night... It even caused me to be late for an engagement that just turned out to be the intermission to my reading. I was personally eager to hear about the real world experiences of iPhone users. When I get tired of the "Palm Stinks" threads, I just skip them. Different strokes for different folks. The infotainment value of this thread was only diminished by the bickering. Inquiring minds want to know. :D
Please keep the iphone problems feedback coming on this thread. I don't have a problem finding positives things about the device elsewhere.

You have a point, I'm not sure if this thread really shows real world experience; over 700,000 iPhones were sold over the weekend, and only a few people are complaining here about a few things that most people have not experienced yet, I think there may have even been reports on the TV about people complaining about dropped calls, so now I guess the public is going to think that if they buy an iPhone they will have dropped calls? I bought one and loved it, but returned it because it is not a replacement for my Treo 750, but then again I don't think it was meant to be, even though it may have been somewhat marketed that way. I was even impressed at the bluetooth capabilities because it transfered the entire 1500 entries phone book from the iPhone to my Mercedes, which doesn't do that on the Treo 750. I also find comedy in people bashing excellent products, but after a while it gets old, and annoying. You are right though, it can be easily ignored or laugh at it. I fly for business and am always amazed that the same flight I thought was a great flight, I hear people cursing the airline as they leave the plane; you can't please everyone and many people are just NEVER PLEASED....LOL

Regards

Regards

1PTUser

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Certainly any feedback, positive or negative, posted on any forum will not be completely representative of all users. I was personally interested in hearing some of the negatives after the hype of a device "5 years ahead" of any other smarthphone. The feature set alone showed that it was not. But man, that thing does look sweet. To paraphrase my father... "It may look great from far; but, it may be far from great."
Still, imagine what things will be like in 6-9mths with a more refined iPhone and MS, Palm, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, RIM's responses on the market. (Re: Palm took on ipod/Apple designing talent a couple months ago and ipod/Apple leadership more recently.) Better options will be available from all. Oh decisions, decisions. :D Thank you apple for getting in the game.

Bronxboy

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
BronxBoy, I've always loved that video of your vette smoking the tires, but it looks like it's in LA. I don't recall anyplace like that near NYC (but I've mostly just driven through from NJ to MA several years ago. Am I right? Did you get transplanted onto the left coast?

thx,
--
Bob

Thx, glad you like it & you are correct it’s not NY, that was in Atlanta ( i won't say where :D )about a weak after I got the car. Too bad the guy filming missed my first burn out that day, it was way better. On this one I held back a bit to conserve rubber But Just to give you a better idea of how fast I was moving if you look close you will realize my camera man was trying to race me.
(too bad you can't hear the sound as he redlines)

stadanko#WN

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
You can post all the negative crap you want about that iPhone but at least there is hope that they will support their product as opposed to how Palm has treated us 700p owners. Red headed stepchild doesn't even do it justice.

I'd rather be limited by not having 3rd party functionality than ignored by the product developers who passed inherent design flaws off as 3rd party issues.

In summary, it will be nice not having to use a stylus to reset the Treo ever again.

Onward and upward. F Off Palm !

Stadanko
650 / Verizon 700p / iPhone!

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Certainly any feedback, positive or negative, posted on any forum will not be completely representative of all users. I was personally interested in hearing some of the negatives after the hype of a device "5 years ahead" of any other smarthphone. The feature set alone showed that it was not. But man, that thing does look sweet. To paraphrase my father... "It may look great from far; but, it may be far from great."
Still, imagine what things will be like in 6-9mths with a more refined iPhone and MS, Palm, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, RIM's responses on the market. (Re: Palm took on ipod/Apple designing talent a couple months ago and ipod/Apple leadership more recently.) Better options will be available from all. Oh decisions, decisions. :D Thank you apple for getting in the game.

Exactly man - no one (except maybe Palm) will be standing still. The next 6-12 months will be very interesting.

Btw hear nokia are brining out a tactile touchscreen - will have to wai and see what that can bring to the game!

meyerweb#CB

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
of the end life of a battery. Still use my video iPOD for well over a year no need for a battery yet. As always your mileage may differ.

Apple says 300 to 400 charge cycles. For a heavy phone / music user, that's only 300-400 days. Do you really plan to replace your phone once a year, or send it back to Apple for replacement every year?

I could live without an ipod for a week or two, but not my phone/pda.

meyerweb#CB

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site

If true, this would imply that Apple knowing released a half-baked product just to meet the advertised delivery date. That is, in some ways, more dissapointing than the product itself. I guess Apple would rather claim bragging points about meeting the release date than make the product right before selling it. The crashing, even if it's not affecting most of the iphones sold is very disturbing. This is a closed box, so it seems to indicates, again, a serious lack of testing and a rush to market.

I didn't expect the iPhone to match the Treo or other true smartphones for capabilities, but some of the limitations are ludicrous: no email attachments, no way to save a photo you take to your desktop, or use an email attachment as wallpaper? Come on, those features are "cellphone 101" these days. No cut-and-paste? Give me a break! Edge locks out voice calls? Shades of the CDMA Treo 600. You'd think a phone that's 5 years ahead of everyone else could have managed to work at least as well as a GSM Treo 650, or even the CDMA 700P, in that regard.

This phone is pretty, which will satisfy millions. And it play I-tunes songs, which will satisfy many more. But as a smart-phone, it's brain dead.
And only a true Apple fan-boy would deny the problems reported, over and over again, on all the relevant forums.

meyerweb#CB

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
More and more of the iPHONE haters are resorting to personal attacks. I am amazed at the HATE you guys have for a piece of electronics. Bronxboy, maybe you should step back from the keyboard and breath deeply. I'm sure the "Business connections" you have are deeply impressed by the many Ringtones you can create.

Mine tend to want me to make them money.

Best wishes with your RAZOR...

LL, I thnk you're deluding yourself as far as the phone goes, but I agree that personal attacks are uncalled for. The user who posted this should get banned for a time, so he can think about better ways to express his opinion.

meyerweb#CB

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
If Apple could sort out the camera, data speed and keyboard the iPhone would still not be perfect, but it wouldn't be far off. :

Now that's a rousing endorsement! If it worked better, it would be okay. Except for all the capabilities it lacks, of course, and the crashes.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
You can post all the negative crap you want about that iPhone but at least there is hope that they will support their product as opposed to how Palm has treated us 700p owners. Red headed stepchild doesn't even do it justice.

:confused: Again! "I hopE.... therefore Apple IS"...
Strange

I'd rather be limited by not having 3rd party functionality than ignored by the product developers who passed inherent design flaws off as 3rd party issues.

Palm doesn't force the use of 3rd party apps. ;)

treo...not!

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the laughs, surur. I don't think people appreciate parody any more. Alas! That's what's wrong with the Apple/MS/Palm crowds: they take themselves way too seriously. That's why their messiahs (like Mr. Jobby pants) have such power over them and think they can get away with over-hyping and over-marketing their products, fully expecting their fanbois and fangyrls to circle the wagons. We've seen it with the fooleo and now with the i-phoop. Let's all get a grip; it's only a phone. We can laugh if we want to. That said, I can't wait for the next generation of HTCs. ;)

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
geez

Thanks for the laughs, surur. I don't think people appreciate parody any more. Alas! That's what's wrong with the Apple/MS/Palm crowds: they take themselves way too seriously. That's why their messiahs (like Mr. Jobby pants) have such power over them and think they can get away with over-hyping and over-marketing their products, fully expecting their fanbois and fangyrls to circle the wagons. We've seen it with the fooleo and now with the i-phoop. Let's all get a grip; it's only a phone. We can laugh if we want to. That said, I can't wait for the next generation of HTCs. ;)

Parody? Man, you people are easily entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox