10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
It will be more stable then PALM devices

It was more than Archie. Tons of people praised god shouting "finally" there will be a stable smartphone and "nail in palm's coffin" "wake up palm" "blow palm out of water" "prepare to be amazed" I could go on and on but its making me a little sick...

Now that it turns out the phone does little more than (difficult as it may be) dial a contact, people say "so, who needs it I mostly just call people anyway...." the whole thing is silly really

So SXTG you are saying it doesn't get email, doesn't allow people to do more then WAP browse, doesn't have a robust calendar, doesn't have a camera, doesn't have well the list goes on and on.

Just because you have read a few threads that have people complaining about some issues they are having you have decided to label the iPHONE a failure and a hoax.

Does it have everything other phones do, NO.

Is it a true SMARTPHONE, NO.

Is it a good phone, email, web browser, YES.

Does it have the BEST GUI interface, YES.

Will it drive a revolution in GUI interface by other phone developers, YES.

Will it give the 100,000,000 million iPOD owners a means to stop carrying two devices (a huge amount of consumers), YES.

Your post is the usually iHATER post nuff said.

I will ask you the same thing I asked Surur, Mike c says he SAW an iPHONE not the same thing as having held and used one, have you tried an iPHONE?

I can say I believe it will be more stable then Palm phones, I have owned Palm Phones since the Qualcomm pdQ 1900 all the way through the disaster they call the Treo 700P.

Will it be more stable then WM phones I have no clue never having used a WM phone.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmmm

llarsen,

I hardly agree blindly with surur. I actually think we disagree on a few things (such as slideout keyboard vs candybar keyboard).

While the Razr comparison is a bit harsh, it's not far off.

It you compare ONLY the phone functions, the razr beats the iPhone. When you mix in PMP, wifi, web, etc., then it get's apple and oranges.

(and by the way, I don't like the razr...too wide for my taste (in a flip phone).

If you want to address me directly, feel free to...but don't lump me in with anyone to try and up your iPologist street cred.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
OMG, after seeing that chart, I'm sellin' my iPhone and getting a RAZR!!!111 tEh so much more caPabalE RAZR!!!111

BTW, got comparison charts = RAZR vs Treo/Q/6700/etc?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
and yes

and llarsen, Yes, I HELD and USED and iPhone. You can turn off the tardanic all caps.

We actually agree on many points, but you can't hear it through the noise.

As far as being more stable than Palm OS, that is like saying Larry Flint could beat Terry Schiavo in a wheelchair race. It's not that hard to do! Palm OS have not been updated in over 10 years. It sux.

WM5 and 6 are super-duper stable by comparison.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
It is never in the polling results Surur...

cmdpreviewinwebbrowserrl2.jpg

Hey look, the Razr won!! And its at least a year old already!!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1827&idPhone1=1120

Surur

Push Polling can get anyone to say anything.

Lets look at the FACTS on that page Surur...

Motorola RAZR V3x.

General Network UMTS / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
Announced 2005, 1Q
Status Available
Size Dimensions 99 x 55 x 20 mm
Weight 125 g
Display Type TFT, 256K colors
Size 240 x 320 pixels, 33 x 45 mm
- Second external 65K colors display, STN (96 x 80 pixels)
- Downloadable wallpapers, screensavers
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (24 channels), MP3
Customization Composer, download
Vibration Yes
Memory Phonebook 1000 x 20 fields, Photo call
Call records 10 dialed, 10 received, 10 missed calls
Card slot microSD (TransFlash), up to 512 MB, buy memory
- 64 MB internal memory
Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE No
3G Yes, 384 kbps
WLAN No
Bluetooth Yes, v1.2 with A2DP
Infrared port No
USB Yes
Features Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML
Games Yes + downloadable, order now
Colors
Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video, flash; secondary video call VGA camera
- Java MIDP 2.0
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
- T9
- Calendar
- SyncML
- Voice dial
- Built-in handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion (BC60) 840 mAh
Stand-by Up to 250 h
Talk time Up to 5 h

iPHONE

General Network GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
Announced 2007, January
Status Available
Size Dimensions 115 x 61 x 11.6 mm
Weight 135 g
Display Type Touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
Ringtones Type Polyphonic, MP3
Vibration Yes
- 3.5 mm headset jack
Memory Phonebook Advanced, Photocall
Call records Yes
Card slot No
- 4/8 GB shared memory
Data GPRS Yes
HSCSD No
EDGE Yes
3G No
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0, headset support only
Infrared port No
USB Yes, v2.0
Features OS Mac OS X v10.4.8
Messaging SMS, Email
Browser HTML (Safari)
Games No
Colors Black
Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
- Google Maps
- Widgets support
- iPod audio/video player
- PIM including calendar, to-do list
- Photo browser/editor
- Voice memo
- Integrated handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion
Stand-by Up to 250 h
Talk time Up to 8 h

Even you have to agree the comparison of the 2 beyond your personal opinion that it is a phone for less sophisticated user like yourself is untrue.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
So SXTG you are saying it doesn't get email, doesn't allow people to do more then WAP browse, doesn't have a robust calendar, doesn't have a camera, doesn't have well the list goes on and on.

Of course not! That would be silly.

I am saying you can't do anything with the email you get, apparently wap browse would be better (ie. cause less crashing), you have to scroll your pics really really fast and blink a lot to create the illusion of video, well the list goes on and on.

I will take your word for it that the calendar is in fact superior to the Razor.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
What are you talking about?

Of course not! That would be silly.

I am saying you can't do anything with the email you get, apparently wap browse would be better (ie. cause less crashing), you have to scroll your pics really really fast and blink a lot to create the illusion of video, well the list goes on and on.

I will take your word for it that the calendar is in fact superior to the Razor.

Less crashing this is based on your statistical analysis of 48 hours of reports. I see where you are coming from on this.:shake:

Not sure what video you are talking about the video you can store on the 4-8 gig hard drive or is this a reference to EDGE. If so be a little clearer in your posts.

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
This is indeed a brilliant thread. :D

I'm just bitter that I can't buy an iPhone here yet, but I'm thinking of queuing anyway!

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Not being able to create folders for POP mail...

To mange the mail in your INBOX really sucks.

I hope they fix this in the near future.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You know, in comparison with the iPhone, the Razr 3x has 3G, A2DP, Obex, Java apps, so it can use opera mini 4 and gmail for Java, Google maps, Mobile Youtube, a native e-mail client, games, a flash for the camera, hard keys for blind sms'ing, it has MMS, you can add ring tones, video conferencing, etc etc etc. The 3i would sync with Itunes, and with your mac calender over bluetooth, which the iPhone wont do.

Its a much better phone.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
hard keys for blind sms'ing...

You know, in comparison with the iPhone, the Razr 3x has 3G, A2DP, Obex, Java apps, so it can use opera mini 4 and gmail for Java, a native e-mail client, games, a flash for the camera, hard keys for blind sms'ing, it has MMS, you can add ring tones, video conferencing, etc etc etc.

Its a much better phone.

Surur

How many people are good enough to type blind using the keyboard on the RAZOR?

44, 33, 555,555, 33 that spells hello right?

My wife has a RAZOR and the email is not even close to what I get on the iPHONE.

I really feel foolish even arguing this with you as anyone outside the iHATER world would see your argument for what it really is. iPHONE envy!
Come on Surur!

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
Less crashing this is based on your statistical analysis of 48 hours of reports. I see where you are coming from on this.:shake:

Not sure what video you are talking about the video you can store on the 4-8 gig hard drive or is this a reference to EDGE. If so be a little clearer in your posts.

I'm talking about the video of yesteryear, before Iphone revolutionized the industry. There are still some legacy phones that take video. A google should produce some info.

Since you cant put files there, other than sound impressive, and store your music, what does all that space do?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
How many people are good enough to type blind using the keyboard on the RAZOR?

44, 33, 555,555, 33 that spells hello right?

My wife has a RAZOR and the email is not even close to what I get on the iPHONE.

I really feel foolish even arguing this with you as anyone outside the iHATER world would see your argument for what it really is. iPHONE envy!
Come on Surur!

image5bf275e2zt4.jpg

Feeling defensive much?

Actually many many people can blind type via T9. Anyway the IPhone vs Razr comparison was academic, until you asked for a feature by feature comparison, in which the iPhone roundly lost. Did you know the Razr can do Navigation via Telus?

The main way the iPhone is similar to the Razr is that its a feature phone craze, but its popularity does not say anything about the utility of our smartphones.

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope it gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
If I remember correctly...

I'm talking about the video of yesteryear, before Iphone revolutionized the industry. There are still some legacy phones that take video. A google should produce some info.

Since you cant put files there, other than sound impressive, and store your music, what does all that space do?

I can take video on my 755p but it can't do anything with it right.

Can you convert the video? How often do people use the video option? I mean are people going on the family vacation using it? Do the film their friends wedding using it?

In the years I have had a PALM phone with that feature I might have used it a doen times. Maybe I am the odd man out on this don't know.

I know in otgher parts of the world people say they use it on a daily basis. For what I don;t have a clue but I guess it is important to them.

Also, MMS never used it always sent pictures via email. Again maybe I am behind the curve but why would you need to use MMS if you have unlimited email?

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Thanks Surur

image5bf275e2zt4.jpg

Feeling defensive much?

Actually many many people can blind type via T9. Anyway the IPhone vs Razr comparison was academic, until you asked for a feature by feature comparison, in which the iPhone roundly lost. Did you know the Razr can do Navigation via Telus?

The main way the iPhone is similar to the Razr is that its a feature phone craze, but its popularity does not say anything about the utility of our smartphones.

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur

Your hopes for my happiness make me all warm and fuzzy.

I hope you don't have nightmares of waking up to find your WM phone being updated with a GUI that is all iPHONE.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Surur didn't know you are in the UK

image5bf275e2zt4.jpg

Feeling defensive much?

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur

Sorry about that. Not that I didn't know you are in the UK just sorry you live in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox