10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Jobs proclaimed the iPhone to be head and shoulders better and smarter than the smartest of the smartphones. That is why he deserves the bashing. He overpromised. He's arrogant. He's far from the truth. Is it great for a first offering? Yes. Is it the smartest or the most advanced? FAR from it. I'll look into rev B or C. At this point even the dumbest of the smartphones is smarter.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Jobs proclaimed the iPhone to be head and shoulders better and smarter than the smartest of the smartphones. That is why he deserves the bashing. He overpromised. He's arrogant. He's far from the truth. Is it great for a first offering? Yes. Is it the smartest or the most advanced? FAR from it. I'll look into rev B or C. At this point even the dumbest of the smartphones is smarter.

I think that is the truth..I think personally that's what gets me...this phone is not FIVE years ahead of any other (maybe a year ahead due to the GUI, like the Wii). It isn't a dumbphone and it sounds like a GREAT user experience but it is not ahead of anything..it has taken SOME of the best features around and put them on a device with a great GUI (credit to them, plus great marketing).But I think it'll be a lot less than 5 yrs before ppl catch up, patents or no patents!

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
5 years

Think of what phones were 5 years ago. There is a huge difference. Treos and BB were just in their infancy. Today, those devices have evolved...some slower than others, but still, it's a big difference.

A phone "5 years ahead" should do everything today, plus "future" items. The iPhone fails in this.

But it sure is purdy...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Surur...I think you'll get the most yayas from the iPhone forums here:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/

First rule about AppleClub, you never buy a first production Apple product.

I bought mine as a throw-away. I expect a 3G version soon and plan to buy that one too. (This time I will keep the box.) (Remember, I have made enough on Apple stock to more than cover being early and good.)

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Wow! :confused: :confused: :confused: Iphones need hard resets? must be all those songs people are loading. Malicious songs corrupting the firmware obviously. Those awful song writers!!!

Surur

Surur,

If we go through the windows mobil forums collect the worst of the worst threads about how lame and unstable Windows Mobil is and post them would that be proof that WM is a failure?

Come on man some people will have problems and some devices will be DOA or fail some time in the next month but most devices suffer the same problems.

Your logic here is fallacious.

Inductive Fallacy

Premise 1: Having just arrived in Ohio, I saw a white squirrel.

Conclusion: All Ohio Squirrels are white.

Premise 1: I heard iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Conclusion: All iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Keep flying those flags of discontent!!!!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur,

If we go through the windows mobil forums collect the worst of the worst threads about how lame and unstable Windows Mobil is and post them would that be proof that WM is a failure?

Come on man some people will have problems and some devices will be DOA or fail some time in the next month but most devices suffer the same problems.

Your logic here is fallacious.

Inductive Fallacy

Premise 1: Having just arrived in Ohio, I saw a white squirrel.

Conclusion: All Ohio Squirrels are white.

Premise 1: I heard iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Conclusion: All iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Keep flying those flags of discontent!!!!

You missed the original premise. People were wondering if the iPhone will ever crash at all.

Good input... the thing is... iPhone is rock solid and with 4-8GB!!.. I wonder if anyone will ever experience a system crash... I really doubt it..

It only takes one report to falsify that, doesn't it. Why should I cut the JesusPhone some slack?

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
If that is the basis of the tread ...

You missed the original premise. People (was it you?) were wondering if the iPhone will ever crash at all. It only takes one report to falsify that, doesn't it. Why should I cut the JesusPhone some slack?

Surur

Not sure who would say it will never crash because that is insane.

Of course it will crash some time or require a soft reset. It is a computer come on!

May not be the JesusPHONE Surur but you treat it as if it was the Anti-ChristPHONE.

Surur just wondering have you held and tried an iPHONE yet?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Not sure who would say it will never crash because that is insane.

Of course it will crash some time or require a soft reset. It is a computer come on!

May not be the JesusPHONE Surur but you treat it as if it was the Anti-ChristPHONE.

Surur just wondering have you held and tried an iPHONE yet?

I never denied the iPhone is cool. I never denied it will sell well. What I object to is the widespread characterization that its better than other smartphones because its:

a) full OSX
b) therefore incredibly stable
c) and also more capable, despite the obvious areas where it lacks
d) kill all the other smartphones, from the Q to the Treo 755 to the Blackberry Pearl.

Call it the next Razr, and I would not care at all. Why insist on calling it the best smartphone in the world, 5 years ahead of everyone else, and look down on all the existing solutions when its so lacking? Are people so easily impressed by whiz-bang graphics?

Stop talking it up, and I will stop talking it down.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
I doubt you would stop Surur...

I never denied the iPhone is cool. I never denied it will sell well. What I object to is the widespread characterization that its better than other smartphones because its:

a) full OSX
b) therefore incredibly stable
c) and also more capable, despite the obvious areas where it lacks
d) kill all the other smartphones, from the Q to the Treo 755 to the Blackberry Pearl.

Call it the next Razr, and I would not care at all. Why insist on calling it the best smartphone in the world, 5 years ahead of everyone else, and look down on all the existing solutions when its so lacking? Are people so easily impressed by whiz-bang graphics?

Stop talking it up, and I will stop talking it down.

Surur

It is far beyond a Razor as you well know!

Again Surur have you personally held one and used an iPHONE?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
bingo

Surur is (again) correct. Cool != best. The RAZR analogy is spot on - slick and stylish, but not the BAEA.

And I do think Archie claim the iPhone would never or rarely crash due to OSX and their testing of the phone.

Ooops.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Yes keep flying the flag. I'm enjoying this.
Lol, me too. :thumbsup:

I just discovered this thread and I have to say, some fun reading. I guess "copy /paste" was more important than people thought? The browser crashing is pretty interesting, even I didn't think there would be that many reports of instability.

To the "opposer's" of this thread, I think it is safe to say we all know that this doesn't "prove" the iphone is failure or "all iphones" are defective, which is not the point of this thread.

We're adults and don't need logic lessons, which in it's presentation was ironic.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
well

llarsen,
I have seen an iPhone and all my statements hold true. In fact, I'm surprised at how the experience mirrored my expectations (those wonderful demos, no doubt.)

It's purdy and snappy. It also is dog slow on EDGE.

And Safari crashes/hangs on way too many web sites.

Keyboard is nothing like a physical keyboard, and I doubt I could ever be as fast as I am on the Treo or BB.

But the screen is purdy!

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
It was more than Archie. Tons of people praised god shouting "finally" there will be a stable smartphone and "nail in palm's coffin" "wake up palm" "blow palm out of water" "prepare to be amazed" I could go on and on but its making me a little sick...

Now that it turns out the phone does little more than (difficult as it may be) dial a contact, people say "so, who needs it I mostly just call people anyway...." the whole thing is silly really

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Are you kidding Surur...

How exactly is it in any way beyond the Razr? Its completely equivalent. The Razr may actually be a more capable device. We should stack them up side by side and see.

Surur

You have JUMPED THE SHARK here Surur.

And I am guessing by the fact ou have not responded to my question twice about having held and used an iPHONE that you have not.

Mikec blindly agrees with most of your statements so I take his comments for what they are.

List the RAZOR attributes against the iPHONE Surur. I double dog dare you! No, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site

And I am guessing by the fact ou have not responded to my question twice about having held and used an iPHONE that you have not.

Mikec blindly agrees with most of your statements so I take his comments for what they are.

List the RAZOR attributes against the iPHONE Surur. I double dog dare you! No, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!

LMAO!

Looks like someone doesn't like their feature phone being called a razor...

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
He's in the U.K. It should be self-evident that he has not "held" one.

What does that have to do with him re-positing other people's experiences? How would that make a difference? Does it add all of those missing functionalities? Does it make other people's iPhones stop crashing? How would it change the nature of this thread? :confused:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

cmdpreviewinwebbrowserrl2.jpg

Hey look, the Razr won!! And its at least a year old already!!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1827&idPhone1=1120

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit