10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
The crashing seems to be the main issue. The lack of certain features were already leaked, so people should have looked before buying if they're already visiting tech forums. But I am surprised about the crashes.

The activation issues are probably more carrier related than Apple related.

Oh yeah, I did also see the low speakerphone volume in someone's review of their test device.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
low volume on a music phone?

Music and videos are blastingly loud, speakerphone not so much. Becuase the music and video audio is loud, I expect a quick FW update to increase the speaker volume. Obviously, it's capable of that level of audio. Not too worried about it, as I mainly use the speakerphone on conference calls while in my home office. I'm not one of those "but I can't hear it in my convertible while driving on the freeway" kind of guys. :shake:

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Well, here i am posting from the phone. It is gonna take some getting used to, esp this darn keyboard. Hasnt corrected or recommended anything yet. I'll give a review tomorrow, just testing the water right now.

Oh yeah, the volume is garbage...

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
iPhone friendly streaming radio?

does anyone know I'd there are any decent streaming radio stations that are compatible with the iPhone?

I've tries yahoo and soma and pretty much any others I could find with no luck. I figure soon enough there will be plenty that work but I'd like to find some now

Any ideas?

---------------------------
Anyone having any luck finding compatible streaming stations?

-Jody
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322912

A sad and forlorn cry. I almost feel sorry for them.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Safari crashing on you? Or is it just me?

SmartAlx said:
Anyone else experience Safari crashing on them? Screen goes black and you jump to the home screen. Then when you restart safari the session is a few minutes old and you lost your back/forward button list.

I'm sure this has happened to some of you since it's happened to me 6 times so far today. Why it even happened while I was posting this question.

Greg said:
Is it random, or just when you're browsing certain sites?

I haven't experienced this problem.

adamjohn_98 said:
I would say this has happened to me at least 15 times since I purchased my iPhone. Usually occurs with 2 or more sites open at once....

timschizzle said:
adamjohn_98 said:
I would say this has happened to me at least 15 times since I purchased my iPhone. Usually occurs with 2 or more sites open at once....

Its happened to me too. A lot. I'm willing to bet there will be an update on he 2nd to fix it.

SmartAlx said:
I haven't noticed a pattern or rhyme or reason for it to crash yet. But yeah, I usually do have more than one page open at a time.

adamjohn_98 said:
timschizzle said:
Its happened to me too. A lot. I'm willing to bet there will be an update on he 2nd to fix it.

Tired fingers crossed for a software update soon!

WolfmanXII said:
timschizzle said:

I agree. It has happened to me twice today, both times when 2 websites were open simultaneously so i think it had something to do with that. i hope the RAM isnt THAT low. i just hope that it happens to many people so it will be a big enough problem to fix during the first iPhone update.

WTEngel said:
Google maps has crashed on me multiple times. Safari has been pretty stable. It seems to be when I am zoomed in pretty tight od doing direction or all of the above at the same time... it will go black and go to the home screen. It is always when I am showing off my phone to an iPhone hater too...how embarassing...! I havent reset it yet. Also, has anyone had any trouble with the unlock slider not sliding? I am having to swipe multiple times sometimes without sucess, especially when calls are coming in...
http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/safari-crashing-on-you-or-is-it-just-me-3264.html

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
FREDG said:
How do i download pictures that are sent to me through my email or just download pictures period so i can use it as a wallpaper

shift_2kmaxima said:
good question
i wanna know how to do that too, for example downloading pictures from google or myspace or something?
is there a like right click mouse type of button or something?

thanks

wjp09 said:
at the moment you can't

thedwp said:
FREDG said:
How do i download pictures that are sent to me through my email or just download pictures period so i can use it as a wallpaper

From what I've seen, I don't think you can download any attachments that come via email. Which makes no sense. I have to believe they will fix this asap.

FREDG said:
thedwp said:
From what I've seen, I don't think you can download any attachments that come via email. Which makes no sense. I have to believe they will fix this asap.

well is there any way I can recieve any pictures to my phone?

thedwp said:
FREDG said:
well is there any way I can recieve any pictures to my phone?

You can receive them, just not do anything with them, other than keep the email.

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/how-to-download-pictures-3237.html

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
When surfing the net or in google maps it bounces back to home page!!! Why?!?!?!

are you hitting the arrows on the bottom?

This happens when I run it on wifi. I cant work google maps... the maps app will not go back to start screen. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!!! :cry:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/bounce-back-3177.html

Poor Apple users- dont even know a crash when it hits them constantly in the face :D :D :D

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
So I am in love with my new iphone, but I have been having problems already! My touch screen is not responding all the time. First happened when I activated the phone around 11am today. I went to maps and then my touchscreen just stopped working. I restored my iphone and it started working again, I figured, great just a glitch in my software.. figured it was fixed, right?

Wrong. It just stopped responding again. Now am I totally missing something? I hit the wake button and try to slide it over to unlock but nothing happens

Should I just return it and get a new phone? or is something else the problem??? This is frustrating.. I am restoring my iphone again right now.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I may have a defective iphone... or maybe someone else has had similar problems?

Is it possible its cause by a video or song loaded onto my ipod??

... update- while restoring my iphone agian it said "Your iphone contains Diagnostic information that could help Apple improve his...blah blah blah"

Is this a generic message or is my phone just screwed up?

Any help or comments would be appreciated

Make sure you are using the pad of your finger, NOT your finger nail, or even the extreme side of your fingers. I was having a similar problem (not as bad) and began using the pad of my finger and now my screen works beautifully... If that doesnt work I would take it in, sounds like it might be a problem with your screen.

ditto on that ^^^. if you use your nail it won't respond.

not using my finger nail. I am sure of it. I've used it quite a bit with no problems. Problems just randomly started up. Must be my screen

My phone was doing the same thing today. I had to hard reset it this morning after it froze. I haven't had to do it again since, but sometimes when i press an icon it won't respond until the 5th try.

Wow! :confused: :confused: :confused: Iphones need hard resets? must be all those songs people are loading. Malicious songs corrupting the firmware obviously. Those awful song writers!!!

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I think I found Archie.

keithpetey
im positive steve jobs has contact with an super advanced alien race

seriously...

a camera phone that is better than any other
a screen that is bigger than any other
the densest dpi screen for a phone
the best handheld touchscreen ever made
crystal clear sound for a phone (something that companies in the cell business for 15 years still havent accomplished)
the longest lasting battery life for a mobile phone
a phone that can browse nearly any website in normal format
on/off button

all in their first moblie phone...

either steve jobs is in touch with aliens or every other cell phone maker has been dropping the ball for 10 years.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323093

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
so far, not on mine....ck with some of the other owners around here as well, i'm sure theirs aren't crashing either.

Lucky Oalvarez

Doa(dead On Arrival) I Cant Believe This!!!

So after this long wait since December I am VERY Dissappointed in my Iphone Please help me out if you can !! First off my phone freezed up and had to be reset about 3 times already, second everytime I call someone or answer someones call my screen goes in and out as well as when checking a voicemail and you can not hear anything

Third I cant believe you can not save pictures from your attachments or from web pages its 2007 what was Jobs thinking.

And to put the icing on the cake is it me or can you not sms more than 1 number at a time , its bad enough no ringers but gossh give us a break I just hope some updates come in soon like yesterday soon!!!
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191491

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmmm...

The cricket chirping (silence) from Archie is deafening.

Oal, why so against the trvth? That the jPhone turns out to have feet of clay like everyone else?

It's almost like they didn't get any feedback when they designed certain functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner