10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well, that was the main reason for wanting it. It's looks and interface. I've listed all the shortcomings before and definitely wouldn't replace a Treo with it. Good eye candy that the wife (and her friends) will dig.

Still hard to believe, no games.

Entertainment wise, i'm quick to play a game of bejeweled, chess, etc on the Treo when stuck somewhere with deadtime. Not even a solitaire game?? C'mon. Give me a reason to jump to the crappiest carrier Apple. (while keeping SERO with sprint of course :) ) Even the ipods have games i hear. I can just hear her now "can i have your phone to play a game while in the car" as her iphone sits there.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Originally Posted by pr5owner
if u get brought back to the home screen that means your application crashed but did not crash OSX, other ppl have been reporting this.

Do you have a link to where this is being discussed?

Mine got so bad that most apps started crashing and sending me back to the home page. After a while, I decided to do a software restore and update on the iPhone. After a long process it seems to be working now, but the weird coverflow behavior remains.

BTW: before I restored the phone I noticed something else weird—instead of having the date under the time in the Unlock screen, it was displaying the number 83 which just happened to be the temperature for my area in the weather widget.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322362

Hard to believe this is all happening with absolute NO third party apps at all, isn't it.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
here's my gripe; for as much as i hate all things Treo (in their current form), they work for some people (i still don't understand why the basic user doesn't own a blackberry instead). the iPhone is working for many out there and those users seem to be having a lot of fun with their new phones. yes, some are complaining (just like you read about everytime Palm introduces another Treo) but some are not. for many people it's going to be a great device. for those people who either expected more, want more, need more will perhaps return theirs.

do you like Treos? you must, because i certainly didn't see any posts like these from you years past.

we need to reel you back in my friend.....

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
here's my gripe; for as much as i hate all things Treo (in their current form), they work for some people (i still don't understand why the basic user doesn't own a blackberry instead). the iPhone is working for many out there and those users seem to be having a lot of fun with their new phones. yes, some are complaining (just like you read about everytime Palm introduces another Treo) but some are not. for many people it's going to be a great device. for those people who either expected more, want more, need more will perhaps return theirs.

do you like Treos? you must, because i certainly didn't see any posts like these from you years past.

we need to reel you back in my friend.....

No device has been as hyped at the iPhone. Most Treo users who said they were going to switch complained about how stable OSX was going to be, and how crashtastic the Treo was. I am merely puncturing their RDF bubble. This way, when they do get a iPhone, it will be with more realistic expectations.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Mine likely will be returned to Apple. There's a 14-day return policy, so I've got some time to test it out. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I switched providers (T-Mobile to AT&T), and I'm not sure if AT&T canceled my contract with T-Mobile when I switched. If they did, am I able to switch back? I may be out a bunch of cash no matter what.

The phone does some things nicely, but so far I'm not totally convinced. Some basic things about mail are annoying to me - cannot sort the order of mailboxes, there is not one "inbox" folder where I can read ALL of my messages from various accounts, to many menu screens, etc.

Having a full web browser seems good in practice, but it seems tedious to read messageboards where the browser window doesn't adjust text wraparound when you zoom in - too much scrolling. There is a lot of screen real-estate, but this makes the screen seem much smaller than it is.

Call volume seemed a bit too quiet on the highest setting, and ringer volume is sorta quiet, too. I don't really like any of the ringtones - most of them aren't even ringers.

If my Blackberry had WiFi, I probably would've never switched, as that's the biggest feature to me.

Sooo...waffling. I know a lot of this could be fixed via firmware, but I don't know if it's worth the kind of money I spent to wait around seeing if they will. I owned a Sidekick 1 and 2, so I know how painful it is expecting updates you want.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3846836#post3846836

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
should we paste in a positive user comment for every negative one you provide? that wouldn't be very useful, would it.

c'mon man......

eodell

Apr 4, 2007
www.edwardodell.com
agreed. No positive comments needed. After reading these, I am happy to stick with my 755p for now. I need file management, a mail client with the functionality of Chatter, and Salling Clicker! (though I bet someone will develop a remote app before long...)

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Seems they may have a headphone jack issue like treos (bummer dude): Page 2 Captain Ken post

My built in speaker isn't working.
Volume is set to high, silence is off. I plug in the headset and can hear just fine. I've rebooted and reset the phone. Still no luck.
Any have suggestions?

dutchtrumpet

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
Mine is so cool, I just lay on it and roll around. Seriously. There are a few quirks, but it works EXACTLY as advertised. I've never had a phone (treo) like that.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
should we paste in a positive user comment for every negative one you provide? that wouldn't be very useful, would it.

c'mon man......

Actually I would like all the positive comments in the same thread. That way, one could judge the importance of the +s and -s.

At this point -'s are winning. I knew the device was rather limited, but I certainly didnt expect so many crash reports. I also feel for the poor people who waited in line for 6+ hours and still are not activated. Lots of those reports out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73