For this guy's sake I hope he does not have to return his device then. Anyone else note the iPhone seem to get buggier the older they get?

- - iPhone sound just broke

dagger55 08-06-2007 02:43 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPhone sound just broke

so my iPhone sound just crapped out...

Here is what my symptoms are

ringtones work.

external speaker phone works

no sound effects work (keyboard clicking, new text, new email, etc)

no external iPod music.

no internal speaker while making call

anyone seen this?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337842

Surur
    08-06-2007 09:22 AM
    Please tell me what more capable device you are talking about. Is it your HTC touch that also has no 3g, has a slow processor, no usable keyboard, and a low resolution screen?

Maybe its your htc universal, a huge clam shell device, with no external screen. Perhaps the most unfriendly phone ever made?

Maybe its Mal's 700wx. A bulky treo with a 240x240 device with a large top and bottom toolbar that takes up a good portion of the screen?

Maybe its Ollies new mogul, he seems to really like that?
    You know, they are all more capable devices ... I believe they all have cut and paste...

Surur
    08-06-2007 09:25 AM
    You know, they are all more capable devices ... I believe they all have cut and paste...

Surur
    cut and paste is important to you, but no usable keyboard, a low RES. Screen and slow processor is acceptable?

Cut and paste is important to you but having a phone that you need to use a bluetooth headset with caller id to be able to determine who is calling is acceptable?
    08-06-2007 09:46 AM
    cut and paste is important to you, but no usable keyboard, a low RES. Screen and slow processor is acceptable?

Cut and paste is important to you but having a phone that you need to use a bluetooth headset with caller id to be able to determine who is calling is acceptable?
    As you know, cut and paste is just a trivial but telling example. As you also know, if we were to make a list of the capabilities of each device, the iPhone's would be rather short.

Surur
    08-06-2007 09:59 AM
    As you know, cut and paste is just a trivial but telling example. As you also know, if we were to make a list of the capabilities of each device, the iPhone's would be rather short.

Surur
    i guess if we were making a list, your devices would come of short also. I guess it more important to find the device that best suites your own needs. For example, i could never use a device that was the size of a small laptop, and the user needed a bluetooth headset to practically see who was calling. But, you do have cut and paste.
    08-06-2007 10:20 AM
    i guess if we were making a list, your devices would come of short also. I guess it more important to find the device that best suites your own needs. For example, i could never use a device that was the size of a small laptop, and the user needed a bluetooth headset to practically see who was calling. But, you do have cut and paste.
    I'm sure if your needs are limited a fashion phone is quite suitable.

Surur
    08-06-2007 10:28 AM
    I'm sure if your needs are limited a fashion phone is quite suitable.

Surur
    Where I'm sitting pal, your phone is a lot more limiting. When your phone is so big, you cant bring it with you when your wearing shorts, you know your phone has limitations.
    08-06-2007 10:37 AM
    Where I'm sitting pal, your phone is a lot more limiting. When your phone is so big, you cant bring it with you when your wearing shorts, you know your phone has limitations.
    Not to mention it would spoil the line of your Armani shorts. I get it - "Style before function."

Maybe you should accessorize a bit more though. I understand the iPhone is a babe magnet - just think how cool it would be if you wear it on your belt. The girls would faint!!

Surur
    08-06-2007 10:55 AM
    Not to mention it would spoil the line of your Armani shorts. I get it - "Style before function."Surur
    Well, function to me means being able to carry it everywhere. How do you carry your universal, in a backpack? Needing a second "weekend phone" is not very functional. But hey, cut and paste works great for you.
    08-06-2007 10:59 AM
    Well, function to me means being able to carry it everywhere. How do you carry your universal, in a backpack? Needing a second "weekend phone" is not very functional. But hey, cut and paste works great for you.
    I can actually carry my Universal anywhere I go, and did for 15 months. Now if you happen to be petite... it might not work for you.

Surur
    08-06-2007 11:04 AM
    I can actually carry my Universal anywhere I go, and did for 15 months. Now if you happen to be petite... it might not work for you.

Surur

Did you carry it in one of the suitcases that you pull behind you? That thing is way to big to put in your pocket.
    08-06-2007 11:08 AM
    Did you carry it in one of the suitcases that you pull behind you? That thing is way to big to put in your pocket.
    I was led to believe belt cases can be rather attractive.

I mean, that guy cant be ogling the iPhone owners crotch so longingly for no reason, can he?

Surur
    08-06-2007 11:30 AM
    Ok wierdo,

1. The shoe fits because I like the iPhone? So everbody that likes the iPhone is an iPologist (another cleaver name by you. Along with surfer and sand)

2. Not sure about that, don't have time to check all your threads (but if you say so). You have definitely said you have used an iPhone alot. Please explain. Do you mean you went to an Apple store and played around with one? (when your not interviewing the apple staff about iPhone sales)

Its strange that I'm being attacked because I actually like the iPhone. It fits my needs very well. I am very satisfied. If Apple can find away to make the product better by releasing a software update, then thats great. However, I'm hard pressed to find anything I have to have at the moment that the iPhone doesnt all ready have.

Yes folks, I am an apple apologist because my iPhone doesnt need resets, I prefer actual websites to rss, I dont really need 3rd party apps, I don't use mms, Imap email is fine for me, my safari does not crash often, really like the soft keyboard, an love the high-res. screen.
    Not everyone that likes the iPhone is an iPologist....just you and some others around here.

Cleaver name? Are you butchering the language again? (couldn't resist the pun).

"Don't have time to check threads" = not an excuse for falsehoods.

I have never said I owned an iPhone. I have used one for several days (borrowed from friend), and also occasionally use one when the opportunity arises. I 've had probably 40+ hours hands on, enough to know the good, the bad and the ugly. And I've even used one in the stores (many times), and even once had the staff spend close to an hour going through it (very nice folks.)

No one is attacking you due to liking the iPhone. iPologist love the martyr angle. If you were truly satisfied, you would never be on this forum - you'd be out enjoying the iPhone. Instead of feeling the need to defend it every second.

Thanks for admitting you are an apologist for Apple and the iPhone. (But not for the reasons you mention.) Acceptance is the first step.
    08-06-2007 11:39 AM
    Why the focus on one phone (the Universal); there are lots more out there...
    08-06-2007 11:41 AM
    Anyway, these days my day to day phone is a bit more phone sized, much unlike the gigantic iPhone.

Does that thing really fit in your pocket, or were you just joking? Must be like keeping a dictionary or a paperback in there.

Surur
    08-06-2007 11:45 AM
    Anyway, these days my day to day phone is a bit more phone sized, much unlike the gigantic iPhone.

Does that thing really fit in your pocket, or were you just joking? Must be like keeping a dictionary or a paperback in there.

Surur

You mean the HTC Touch. Without a usable keyboard, a low-res. screen, slow processor, no 3G. Total lack of features. How can you stand it?
    08-06-2007 11:48 AM
    You mean the HTC Touch. Without a usable keyboard, a low-res. screen, slow processor, no 3G. Total lack of features. How can you stand it?
    Oh look, I copied and pasted your words. Neat, isn't it. I heard the iPhone may get this feature in 2010.

Surur
    08-06-2007 11:53 AM
    Oh look, I copied and pasted your words. Neat, isn't it. I heard the iPhone may get this feature in 2010.

Surur

And in 2010, Most windows mobile devices will still be running 320x240.
    08-06-2007 11:54 AM
    And in 2010, Most windows mobile devices will still be running 320x240.
    3 years, I think it might be a wee bit better than that.

320 x 480 is no as far off as you think.
    08-06-2007 12:01 PM
    3 years, I think it might be a wee bit better than that.

320 x 480 is no as far off as you think.

not really sure about that. My old Jornada 560 ran at 320x240. I think that was about 8 years ago. Not much progress.
    08-06-2007 12:06 PM
    You buy what you want. I understand $900 will buy you 2.8 inch VGA.

Surur
    08-06-2007 12:11 PM
    You buy what you want. I understand $900 will buy you 2.8 inch VGA.

Surur

Not going to spend $900 on a phone. I would consider a 3.5 inch vga. Windows Mobile resolution support is kind of strange anyway. I saw screenshots of 320x320 in the emulator. Its shows the same amount of text 240x240 does.
    08-06-2007 12:20 PM
    not really sure about that. My old Jornada 560 ran at 320x240. I think that was about 8 years ago. Not much progress.
    More like 5 years ago (as surur like to say, "Exaggerate much?)

And three version of PPC ago, before MS moved to a more accomodating video model.

Lots can change...and the mobile device market is accelerating....
    08-06-2007 12:35 PM
    More like 5 years ago (as surur like to say, "Exaggerate much?)

And three version of PPC ago, before MS moved to a more accomodating video model.

Lots can change...and the mobile device market is accelerating....

First of all tough guy, it was longer than 5 years ago. I have been at my current job for over 5 years. I had the jornada at the job before this. So its over 5 years. Anyway, genius, I had a Casio (I think it was an e-100), before that. Guess what, it had a 320x240 screen.

Maybe MS has moved to "a more accomodating video model" (whatever the heck that means), but most of their devices still have the same old, tired resolution.

EDIT * Just checked it out, I got my Casio e-100 in 1999. And I remember I had my Jornada with me on 9/11/01. So that atleast 6 years ago on the jornada, and 8 years on the Casio. Still same old resolution though.
    08-06-2007 12:45 PM
    You pays your money, you takes your choices. I have been VGA since 2004, and will go 800x480 by the end of the year. Half-VGA is a yawn.

Surur
    08-06-2007 12:56 PM
3,194 ... 979899100101 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD