Man, that is a bizarre bug. It actually will not let me type that "T." If you drag your finger left to right across the T, it even skips it. Very very strange. I don't know of any other situation where it disables a key. I wonder if this is a clue to some easter egg or something.

(ps: whatever the heck it is doing, happily i never have actually had to type "krsnet" :-)
    Its just another example of Apple knowing best (which is fine) but also not giving you any option of doing things another way (which is not).

Surur
    07-30-2007 04:30 PM
    or maybe its just a simple question. Why are you so hostile? Anyway who cares, I can type "krsnet". All is right in the world.
    Whatever. SAND.
    07-30-2007 04:30 PM
    Wait, I spoke to soon. I can type krsnet in the notepad app, but I cannot in the email app. When I find the box, it has to go back. In the meantime, I will just type krs. when I need to type in krsnet. It's a terrible work around, but what are you going to do.
    I only tried it in notepad, which is where it didn't work for me.
    07-30-2007 04:31 PM
    Count me among the thousands of fortunate iPhone owners. No issues.
    We can't count you...you're ignored :-)

(Just kidding around.)
    07-30-2007 04:32 PM
    Whatever. SAND.
    no idea what sand means, besides the little pebbly stuff you find at the beach. Does this have anything to do with the weird "surfer" term you been using here when you have no reply to somebody else's post.

SALT!!!!!!
    07-30-2007 04:37 PM
    It must be a conspiracy against the KRS-One and his new web site, krsnet.

I knew "the man" was behind the iPhone, oppressing us!
    07-30-2007 04:38 PM
    my work around....hit the delete key then type T

so fakin silly....i still cannot believe that was posted here.
    07-30-2007 04:46 PM
    no idea what sand means, besides the little pebbly stuff you find at the beach. Does this have anything to do with the weird "surfer" term you been using here when you have no reply to somebody else's post.

SALT!!!!!!
    I goggled it. One meaning is apparently Steve's Amazing New Device, which is oddly appropriate.

my work around....hit the delete key then type T

so fakin silly....i still cannot believe that was posted here.
    So many work arounds, isn't there...

Surur
    07-30-2007 04:58 PM
    ISo many work arounds, isn't there...

Surur
    I cannot believe you are complaining about a workaround for typing a word that only one person in the world seems to care about. Is this all you got today?

SALT!!!
    07-30-2007 05:01 PM
    I cannot believe you are complaining about a workaround for typing a word that only one person in the world seems to care about.
    Do you really think this is the only corner case for this keyboard? This is an illustration of a problem, not the whole of the problem. Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?

Is this all you got today?
    I could do a hundred posts about the iPhone crashing, but thats been done to death already, hasn't it?

Surur
    07-30-2007 05:10 PM
    Surur, I'm surprised you haven't posted this yet

"The iPhone is a piece of :censored:, and so is your face."

I badly wanted to post some of those gifs but...maybe not appropriate :o
    07-30-2007 05:15 PM
    This is an illustration of a problem, not the whole of the problem.
    it is an illustration of nothingness......krsnet.....holy smokes man.
    07-30-2007 05:16 PM
    Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?
    Not sure what you mean. If I don't want to use the words that the iPhone is predicting, I don't need to.
    07-30-2007 05:16 PM
    Do you really think this is the only corner case for this keyboard? This is an illustration of a problem, not the whole of the problem. Apple should not have made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted, but it did. The result is not simple or intuitive. If the iPhone has not got that, what has it got?

I could do a hundred posts about the iPhone crashing, but thats been done to death already, hasn't it?

Surur
    I don't think Apple "made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted" intentionally. That's NOT the way the keyboard works in any other case (you'd know that if you ever used one.)

If I type "dsm" it might suggest "sand" but it does NOT lock me into typing "d" next. If I type absolute nonsense it doesn't start locking out keys to force me to type the only keys that fall into its dictionary.

Whatever is going on here appears to be some weird bug, not something intentional.
    07-30-2007 05:20 PM
    I don't think Apple "made it impossible to select alternate letters vs the ones it predicted" intentionally. That's NOT the way the keyboard works in any other case (you'd know that if you ever used one.)

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.
    07-30-2007 05:21 PM
    Not sure what you mean. If I don't want to use the words that the iPhone is predicting, I don't need to.
    In this case, the appropriate letters are disabled by the iPhone's predictive software. I would call that a usability bug.

Surur
    07-30-2007 05:22 PM

Well.. I've heard iPhone users can not view big gif's like this. Is this true? Any of our iPhone owners want to test it?

Animated GIFs

kaje 07-30-2007 21:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated GIFs

Apparently animated gifs that are larger than approximately 200kb do not animate on the iPhone.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1212414

Surur
    07-30-2007 05:24 PM

This guy is comparing the iPhone to the nokia E70. I had the unfortunate luck to experience first hand what a piece of garbage this phone is. For those that dont know, it's a series 60 device with a terrible, evil, fold out keyboard. It has a tiny little screen (i think 2.2). How anybody can list web browsing on this device as one of its strengths is crazy.

A bad day for both Malatesta and Surur, first the krsnet garbage, and now this.
    07-30-2007 05:24 PM
    Lighten up man, it's a humor site, not Cnet

For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...Plus I love how personal you all take iPhone criticisms. Hilarious.

I think we know who's the sad one here...
    07-30-2007 05:28 PM
    In this case, the appropriate letters are disabled by the iPhone's predictive software. I would call that a usability bug.

Surur
    It's a bug, but you are mischaracterizing its nature. It is not disabling the letter because it thinks you don't mean to type it. The keyboard NEVER does that. It is disabling it because something is screwed up. Perhaps a bad character in its dictionary. Perhaps a random piece of bad code. Who knows.
    07-30-2007 05:29 PM
    Lighten up man, it's a humor site, not Cnet

For such a "silly, stupid and sad" thread, you and Ollie take this place way to seriously and you also respond to everything...

I think we know who's the sad one here...
    Coming from somebody with over 2200 posts! Go outside, live a little. I'm sure it would be fine if my posts agreed with your views. You and MikeC would make great friends.
    07-30-2007 05:30 PM

Someone had already posted it....it is hilarious, iPhone owner or not.
    07-30-2007 05:30 PM
    Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.
    No, ding ding ding, we have a bug.
    07-30-2007 05:32 PM
    This guy is comparing the iPhone to the nokia E70. I had the unfortunate luck to experience first hand what a piece of garbage this phone is. For those that dont know, it's a series 60 device with a terrible, evil, fold out keyboard. It has a tiny little screen (i think 2.2). How anybody can list web browsing on this device as one of its strengths is crazy.

The fact you take this seriously and do not see the humor speaks volumes about you.
    07-30-2007 05:33 PM
    The fact you take this seriously and do not see the humor speaks volumes about you.
    Thanks MikeC, I like you too.
    07-30-2007 05:34 PM
3,194 ... 7778798081 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD