10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Braj, hits it on the head...

If I were an iPhone user, I would appreciate surur's posts as they can only help you understand issues other's are having with their devices. You may not like the messenger (or even his motives) but the message is useful information.

Only reason I keep coming back here is to see what Surur and others can pull up.

Only thing is some people take the post of a few people and make the deduction the iPHONE is useless.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
BTW people need to remember what 'retarded' means:

You can be socially retarded, developmentally retarded, mentally retarded, physically retarded, etc.

Or in the case of the iPhone, unnecessarily, artificially retarded.

right. thanks for the lesson.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
mobileman

mobileman,

Steve Job's couldn't think of another exposed keyboard device other than the Treo...he could think of 3...(BB, Q, and Nokia).

Can't believe you said that...but then again, the rolodex was lost on you.

Flick and spins work great...until you have thousands of contacts (which is not that rare in today's world.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
mobileman,

Steve Job's couldn't think of another exposed keyboard device other than the Treo...he could think of 3...(BB, Q, and Nokia).

Can't believe you said that...but then again, the rolodex was lost on you.

Flick and spins work great...until you have thousands of contacts (which is not that rare in today's world.

In his defense, I assumed he was referring to WM devices (though he didn't explicitly say that).

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
cmaier

Flick and spin, or touch the letter...it's all the same...it can take a long time with lots of contacts (much slower than typing first few letters.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
I'm no surur but a great thread on ipod phone BT is very entertaining.
===================================================
macrumors

greenland,
Apple misleading us again? This time w/ the BT headset ...
Why is false advertising become common practice for Apple?

They've stated clearly that the you could MAKE calls via the iphone headset, yet that seems to be completely untrue.

Am I missing something?

more info here: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97204
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
radiantm3:
Where did they say this? From the apple site:

Quote:
Answer iPhone calls wirelessly with this compact and lightweight Bluetooth headset. The iPhone Bluetooth Headset features a single button that lets you receive phone calls simply and intuitively.

The iPhone doesn't have voice dialing, so I don't know how anyone could believe you could make calls from it in the first place.
joeconvert:
So your anonymous post in the comments over at iphonefaq wasn't enough?

badzmaru:
are you the same person who posted the comment on that blog? just curious.
greenlander:
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3
Where did they say this? From the apple site:

The iPhone doesn't have voice dialing, so I don't know how anyone could believe you could make calls from it in the first place.

Also from the Apple site (the store page for the headset):

"Enjoy wireless convenience and crystal-clear audio when talking on your iPhone. The iPhone Bluetooth Headset features a single button that lets you make and receive phone calls simply and intuitively. And the innovative design is sure to turn a few heads."

make and receive

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333163

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Would be an interesting experiment. "touch the letter" takes the same amount of time, in theory, as typing the first letter.

After that, the drag/flick would take somewhere around the effort of typing another letter or two.

I'd prefer a typing interface, but not sure the letter-bar is that much worse for most people. (once you get around 100 contacts per a letter, the iphone method gets ugly.)

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
What's sad is a quote from that link (provided by Slingbox):

Originally Posted by plumbingandtech View Post
I want it to do synth voice caller ID where if my iphone is in my pocket and the appletooth is in my ear it will say:

"John Smith is calling." or "800-555-1212 is calling" so I don't have to pull out the iphone to see who it is before answering.
Not a bad idea right? It's not like MS voicecommand or even adding Jetware couldn't handle or that's been happening on WM for years now...

But here's the response...
dude that's an amazing feature! I hate having to reach for my iPhone everytime someone calls. If I could do that, that'd be great!

Dude, patent that quick!
Dude! Patent that original idea! lol

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
What's sad is a quote from that link (provided by Slingbox):

Not a bad idea right? It's not like MS voicecommand or even adding Jetware couldn't handle or that's been happening on WM for years now...

But here's the response...

Dude! Patent that original idea! lol
mal whats even more funny is that TA has caller ID Reminder giving the user the Phone # that calls lol
hehe those darn 3rd party apps lol
It's like there ppc/smartphone green not even knowing whats been there 4 the taking for years...Pretty sad really.
macrumers is like smart phone kidegarten

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Would be an interesting experiment. "touch the letter" takes the same amount of time, in theory, as typing the first letter.

After that, the drag/flick would take somewhere around the effort of typing another letter or two.

I'd prefer a typing interface, but not sure the letter-bar is that much worse for most people. (once you get around 100 contacts per a letter, the iphone method gets ugly.)

I think with the iPhone it would be about the same because the keyboard would need to be invoked. So you would have to turn on the phone, unlock it, launch the phone app, launch the keyboard, then strat typing. That sounds pretty slow to me.

I know people like the sleek one button-ness of the iPhone but to me that's just wasted space along the bottom where there could be four more buttons, or even a 'ghastly' 5-way. Also, my old SE phone has a nifty hard unlock slide-switch which is much more elegant than the 'press power, swipe screen' way of doing it. Really, Apple did lots of things for the sake of style that really were 180 degrees from the most efficient way to do them. Coolness is only cool if it is a real improvement in efficiency IMO. But it is a rev 1 and they will surely learn.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
i'm guessing there will be a new start screen which lets choose what happens when you swipe-to-unlock. That would solve a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro