This is indeed a brilliant thread.

I'm just bitter that I can't buy an iPhone here yet, but I'm thinking of queuing anyway!
    07-01-2007 06:24 PM
    To mange the mail in your INBOX really sucks.

I hope they fix this in the near future.
    07-01-2007 06:25 PM
    You know, in comparison with the iPhone, the Razr 3x has 3G, A2DP, Obex, Java apps, so it can use opera mini 4 and gmail for Java, Google maps, Mobile Youtube, a native e-mail client, games, a flash for the camera, hard keys for blind sms'ing, it has MMS, you can add ring tones, video conferencing, etc etc etc. The 3i would sync with Itunes, and with your mac calender over bluetooth, which the iPhone wont do.

Its a much better phone.

Surur
    07-01-2007 06:31 PM
    You know, in comparison with the iPhone, the Razr 3x has 3G, A2DP, Obex, Java apps, so it can use opera mini 4 and gmail for Java, a native e-mail client, games, a flash for the camera, hard keys for blind sms'ing, it has MMS, you can add ring tones, video conferencing, etc etc etc.

Its a much better phone.

Surur
    How many people are good enough to type blind using the keyboard on the RAZOR?

44, 33, 555,555, 33 that spells hello right?

My wife has a RAZOR and the email is not even close to what I get on the iPHONE.

I really feel foolish even arguing this with you as anyone outside the iHATER world would see your argument for what it really is. iPHONE envy!
    Come on Surur!
    07-01-2007 06:40 PM
    Less crashing this is based on your statistical analysis of 48 hours of reports. I see where you are coming from on this.:shake:

Not sure what video you are talking about the video you can store on the 4-8 gig hard drive or is this a reference to EDGE. If so be a little clearer in your posts.
    I'm talking about the video of yesteryear, before Iphone revolutionized the industry. There are still some legacy phones that take video. A google should produce some info.

Since you cant put files there, other than sound impressive, and store your music, what does all that space do?
    07-01-2007 06:41 PM
    llarsen,

Wha do you mean you cannot create folders? You mean sub folders under the inbox for filing mail?
    07-01-2007 06:43 PM
    How many people are good enough to type blind using the keyboard on the RAZOR?

44, 33, 555,555, 33 that spells hello right?

My wife has a RAZOR and the email is not even close to what I get on the iPHONE.

I really feel foolish even arguing this with you as anyone outside the iHATER world would see your argument for what it really is. iPHONE envy!
    Come on Surur!

Feeling defensive much?

Actually many many people can blind type via T9. Anyway the IPhone vs Razr comparison was academic, until you asked for a feature by feature comparison, in which the iPhone roundly lost. Did you know the Razr can do Navigation via Telus?

The main way the iPhone is similar to the Razr is that its a feature phone craze, but its popularity does not say anything about the utility of our smartphones.

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope it gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur
    07-01-2007 06:48 PM
    I'm talking about the video of yesteryear, before Iphone revolutionized the industry. There are still some legacy phones that take video. A google should produce some info.

Since you cant put files there, other than sound impressive, and store your music, what does all that space do?
    I can take video on my 755p but it can't do anything with it right.

Can you convert the video? How often do people use the video option? I mean are people going on the family vacation using it? Do the film their friends wedding using it?

In the years I have had a PALM phone with that feature I might have used it a doen times. Maybe I am the odd man out on this don't know.

I know in otgher parts of the world people say they use it on a daily basis. For what I don;t have a clue but I guess it is important to them.

Also, MMS never used it always sent pictures via email. Again maybe I am behind the curve but why would you need to use MMS if you have unlimited email?
    07-01-2007 06:51 PM

Feeling defensive much?

Actually many many people can blind type via T9. Anyway the IPhone vs Razr comparison was academic, until you asked for a feature by feature comparison, in which the iPhone roundly lost. Did you know the Razr can do Navigation via Telus?

The main way the iPhone is similar to the Razr is that its a feature phone craze, but its popularity does not say anything about the utility of our smartphones.

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur
    Your hopes for my happiness make me all warm and fuzzy.

I hope you don't have nightmares of waking up to find your WM phone being updated with a GUI that is all iPHONE.
    07-01-2007 06:53 PM

Feeling defensive much?

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur
    Sorry about that. Not that I didn't know you are in the UK just sorry you live in the UK.
    07-01-2007 06:55 PM

Feeling defensive much?

Surur
    Just absurd. I have the iPhone. I am a long time Palm user (all the Treos). I have even owen the 700w and 750 with WM5 and, trust me, they have become relics.

It seems that most people decrying the iphone here reached their opinion reflexively and without ever even testing the phone, and now have dug in their heels. They continue to argue every last point using backwards logic: "I have reached my conclusion first, and now I must compile arguments to support it."

There is alot of nonsense going on here.

Tech-geeks want to fumble around with file systems and registries on handhelds that are, by definition, meant to be simple to use.

The fact that anyone still uses a PC's amazes me as well.

Add three things to the iPhone, and it is perfect: flash, streaming data and instant messaging.

Even without them, based on my protracted experience with Palm and WM5, it is still light years ahead.

Progress is defined by simplicity.

As for complaints about the price- yes, an Aston Martin is a better machine than a Ford Focus.
    07-01-2007 06:59 PM
    llarsen,

Wha do you mean you cannot create folders? You mean sub folders under the inbox for filing mail?
    major bummer...
    07-01-2007 06:59 PM
    Just absurd. I have the iPhone. I am a long time Palm user (all the Treos). I have even owen the 700w and 750 with WM5 and, trust me, they have become relics.

It seems that most people decrying the iphone here reached their opinion reflexively and without ever even testing the phone, and now have dug in their heels. They continue to argue every last point using backwards logic: "I have reached my conclusion first, and now I must compile arguments to support it."

Tech-geeks want to fumble around with file systems and registries on handhelds that are, by definition, meant to be simple to use.

Add three things to the iPhone, and it is perfect: flash, streaming data and instant messaging.

Even without them, based on my protracted experience with Palm and WM5, it is still light years ahead.

People have been mising the quotes - this one is a doozy.

How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone?

A friend of mine asked me: How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone? My homepage on comcast has the '~'.

dangleheart

you can't in safari...

bookmark the page on your computer, and sync your phone.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323485

:::

Surur
    07-01-2007 07:01 PM
    surur

Quote:
    How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone?

A friend of mine asked me: How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone? My homepage on comcast has the '~'.

dangleheart

you can't in safari...

bookmark the page on your computer, and sync your phone.

Surur

yes you can it is on the keyboard. Hit the SHIFT key and the _ turns to ~.

Lets look through all the MW forums and find silly questions left by people.

I am sure they are very representative of the WM community.
    07-01-2007 07:05 PM

Surur
    You prove my point about backwards logic. You ignored the five proceeding posts that describe how you can enter your "~".

And the comparing the RAZR bit? Come on, man.
    07-01-2007 07:07 PM

As for complaints about the price- yes, an Aston Martin is a better machine than a Ford Focus.
    you are amazed ppl use personal computers?? I don't get this statement at all! If you don't have a PC how would you even use an iPhone?? Or know what the internet is? Either that or you are an apple fan? Seriously what do you mean by that?
    07-01-2007 07:08 PM
    I didn't say you couldn't ... just noticed I couldn't find it at first shot either. I figured it out shortly after I hit submit.

Very strange way to get to it.
    Maybe you should go join and tell them. Obviously the solution wasn't as "intuitive" to those iPhone users, but then, they are only iPhone users.

Surur
    07-01-2007 07:09 PM
    you are amazed ppl use personal computers?? I don't get this statement at all! If you don't have a PC how would you even use an iPhone?? Or know what the internet is? Either that or you are an apple fan? Seriously what do you mean by that?
    I think it's pretty clear that I meant the colloquial PC for Windows-based computer. Sorry I confused you.
    07-01-2007 07:10 PM
    Maybe you should go join and tell them. Obviously the solution wasn't as "intuitive" to those iPhone users, but then, they are only iPhone users.

Surur
    the personal attacks are just silly, shrill and come off as overly defensive.
    07-01-2007 07:11 PM
    Also, MMS never used it always sent pictures via email. Again maybe I am behind the curve but why would you need to use MMS if you have unlimited email?
    We've been over this.

1) Not every phone has email, yet they all can receive MMS. By the same argument, why is SMS included then? Why not just email everyone?
    2) If no one used it, the carriers would dump it. But they make $$ on it which implies that it is popular and people use it.

Is llarson now posting from his iPhone? What's up with the horrible "quoting" effect in #164?
    07-01-2007 07:14 PM
    I fail to see the "personal attack" in Surur's quote, care to explain?
    07-01-2007 07:14 PM

Surur
    07-01-2007 07:16 PM
    Is llarson now posting from his iPhone? What's up with the horrible "quoting" effect in #164?
    No, that would be impossible. We know you cant cut and paste from that phone!!!

Surur
    07-01-2007 07:18 PM

Surur
    Not sure how this is Surur. I know it is late in the UK maybe you should get some sleep?

:cry: :brick: :hmm: :crazy: :bow: :soap: :cheers:
    07-01-2007 07:32 PM
    I think it's pretty clear that I meant the colloquial PC for Windows-based computer. Sorry I confused you.
    I thought so...well I enjoy the uses of both WIndows and OS X - never get why you ppl think it must be one or the other...and >90% of the market doesn't lie. PC's are more flexible hence more attractive to developers who make the apps ppl want to use. If Apple ever licences their OS for PCs I do not doubt there share would grow but as long as it's a hardware-tied-to-software issue it will stay this way - the majority of ppl are poor and Apple's prices are always a premium for less wrt hardware.
    07-01-2007 07:36 PM
3,194 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD