10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
^and yet another voice of logic and reason. but Surur, Mal, MikeC, Count, Braj will try and make all others around here believe otherwise.

this is all about "what Jobs said" and "how he compared the iPhone to other smartphones" on a media board. only their posts are acceptable, all others are labled as trolling and the like. they can do, you cannot.

you'll understand if you already don't. i get the feeling that you do.

I think Surur, braj, Count, Mal, myself, are all in favor of freedom of speech - we just don't think tha means you also have freedom not be offended when someone disagrees. (Guys, sorry if I am speaking out of turn for you.)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
From wikiedia

"Trolls can be existing members of a community that rarely post and often contribute no useful information to the thread, but instead make argumentative posts in an attempt to discredit another person, concentrating almost exclusively on facts irrelevant to the point of the conversation, ....."

Well, I for one firmly believe your own posts discredit you much more effectively than any "troll".

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
this whole thread is crap. it should be expected to find some "thread crapping" on the dung that was originally laid when you created this post.

it's to be expected.

"it's to be expected"...your favorite turdly trolling line.

Feel free to add value whenever you figure out why you are so angry at the world.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
here's another in case there are some who are debating a future HTC Mogul purchase:

It's well known that if you have used Palm OS, WM is slower in responsiveness. It's a choice between speed and stability.

Palm OS is 10 years old; WM5/6 is what, a couple years?

The difference is, that no matter how fast the processor, Palm OS will not be more stable. A faster processor for WM5/6 will address resposiveness concerns.

I still think there is a lot of room for improvement in WM, no doubt. Just like with everything else.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
"I don't think there's anything wrong asking $30 for loaner...."

There's no limit to excuses some people will make for Apple, is there? If my Treo died in less than 2 weeks, I expect to walk out with a new phone, not a loaner. And I'd sure as heck not be willing to pay because Palm / Sprint / whoever sold me a defective device.

Apple's arrogance knows no bounds.

How is "I don't think there's anything wrong..." an excuse? Sounds to me like in that poster's opinion no excuse is necessary (he'd be wrong). And excuse would be "$30 is a fair price so that Steve Jobs can pay the electric bill on his segway."

Also, to be fair, the forums (probably even this one, but certainly macrumors and howardforums) are full of posts from people who brought in iphones before and even after the 14 day period and got them replaced on-the-spot with no questions (or very limited questions) asked. I know I've read of people getting them swapped for the battery indicator problem, and even one guy who actually dropped his and cracked the screen got it replaced for free. It's quite possible this whole thing is an isolated incident.

If you want to talk arrogance, try and convince HP that they should help you with the fact that you've had your computer for a day and it won't hibernate. They were willing to help until they learned i installed office on the thing.

Frankly, the only electronics company i've had nothing but good experiences with is Sling. So the fact that most people (based on unscientific polling of the boards) are having generally positive experiences with Apple seems promising.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
My favorite part from the post you quoted is....

"I really need the games to start coming in. I was in the hospital for a long time last night with no signal whatsoever. I really needed some quick entertainment. "

I guess 8 gigs worth of music, movies, and podcasts doesn't count.

How is that even revelant?

They guy wanted a game.

Geez

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Ollie is just sad that's it has been two weeks since anyone posted in that thread.

uh, that would be your pal Malatesta providing that link. we know that you have difficulty spelling but apparently you also have difficulty reading. it's also quite obvious that you have trouble with making any kind of sense.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
funny how quickly they forget

:eek: :hmm:
Well, I for one firmly believe your own posts discredit you much more effectively than any "troll".

hey, would you believe this? guess who i found "trolling" around the "Phone Different" site:

Blackjack has a 1200 mAh battery, but same EDGE talktime as iPhone?

Maybe the battery isn't as much as we think.

I bet most people would want 3G...they could just replace the battery....oh wait, can't do that on the iPhone.

Opps.

and yet another

I couldn't try it. It was not a criticism just a fact. It's an iPod, I'm sure it works great. I made a call on the iPhone as well, nice and clear, no problem.

I didn't call it a review BTW. Just relaying my experience. Relax.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Anyone else here having trouble following this "logic"?
hey, would you believe this? guess who i found "trolling" around the "Phone Different" site:
How was my post in any way a troll? Are you insane?
exactly my point. thanks for validating it.

regards
So Oalvarez is saying you guys are "trolling" around the PhoneDifferent site.

Braj vehemently disagrees, saying he was not trolling.

And then Oalvarez says that's his point... :crazy:

So what does that all mean exactly? That braj and Mikec aren't trolls? Okay. Cool and the point of that exercise was...

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Oalvarez thinks anyone who isn't 100% happy with the iPhone and waiting for Apple to make some adjustments before buying one are trolls I guess. If I post over at PhoneDifferent, it must be trolling, according to him.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Malatesta check my posts...

Because it was a dishonest question and you know that.

You were not really interested in what Surur had to say, you just wanted

(a) him not to respond so you can call him un-even and cannot critique WM at all, ergo his iPhone critiques must be wrong too

(b) him to respond so that you can go "har har, WM sucks too and they've been at it longer"

It was not meant to engage in a serious debate or for you to go "ahhh...you make a good point, dear sir".

Your other argument, the "everyone else is doing it, why can't I?!" really reflects your mentality.

Fact is, llarson, yourself and Jack keep throwing this thread off. You know it, but you do it anyways.

You consistently lack the ambition, need or capability to actually make coherent arguments.

After all my comments I urge people to post their beefs with the iPHONE. I come here to read those. I have even posted questions to draw people out to post slams on the iPHONE.

The problem with this thread is people like you make attacks like yours above personal.

I'll look for your correction soon.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal