Hey everybody look, I have my very own stalker. This is great. I have made no incorrect statements. I have made statements that differ from your opinion. Just because somebody has a different point of view, it doesn't make it incorrect. Sorry buddy, but if you need everybody to agree with you, start your own forums, and delete every message that differs from your opinion. However, until that day comes, I will continue to speak my mind, whether you like it or not.
    Stalker? Do you even understand the English language? (that was rhetorical, in case you got "lost").

Your posts speak for themselves. Different points of view =! facts. You made an incorrect statement, and instead of taking responsiblity, you ignore.

That's your choice and fine. But the martyr complex ain't working for ya.
    07-24-2007 12:50 PM
    No. There are very few WM sliders.

Surur
    Few? I supopse this is relative, right? There are more sliders than exposed ones.

I am using this for reference, which I'm not sure is canonical.

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/art...468909181.html
    07-24-2007 12:53 PM
    Stalker? Do you even understand the English language? (that was rhetorical, in case you got "lost").

Your posts speak for themselves. Different points of view =! facts. You made an incorrect statement, and instead of taking responsiblity, you ignore.

That's your choice and fine. But the martyr complex ain't working for ya.

This will be my last response to you (you are clearly insane). Different points of view are OPINIONS. No matter how much you rant and rave it doesn't change the fact that you and I have clearly different opinions. I think you are in serious need of a hug.
    07-24-2007 01:00 PM
    Few? I supopse this is relative, right? There are more sliders than exposed ones.

I am using this for reference, which I'm not sure is canonical.

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/art...468909181.html
    I was actually thinking of vertical sliders. The keypad+ slider keyboard form factor is pretty new.

BTW, here is a better reference. http://pdadb.net/

Surur
    07-24-2007 01:06 PM
    This will be my last response to you (you are clearly insane). Different points of view are OPINIONS. No matter how much you rant and rave it doesn't change the fact that you and I have clearly different opinions. I think you are in serious need of a hug.
    I love how when someone can't admit their mistake, everybody else is "insane".
    07-24-2007 01:17 PM
    I was actually thinking of vertical sliders. The keypad+ slider keyboard form factor is pretty new.

BTW, here is a better reference. http://pdadb.net/

Surur
    Ah...vertical vs. horizontal. I sort of lump them together in the "not for one handed use" bucket.

Thanks for the reference.
    07-24-2007 01:18 PM
    A truly disgusting statement.
    Again, you have no sense of humor. Do you need a hug?
    07-24-2007 02:14 PM
    Again, you have no sense of humor. Do you need a hug?
    I don't find using that term funny at all, and I can promise you somebody with a person or child with a mental handicap in their family wouldn't either.
    07-24-2007 02:59 PM
    I don't find using that term funny at all, and I can promise you somebody with a person or child with a mental handicap in their family wouldn't either.
    Mentally handicapped and retarded aren't the same thing. I've understood that since I was 6 when I learned the kid down the street was handicapped, not retarded. Retarded means stunted growth. I never said mentally retarded (which is an accurate tem BTW for some people who may be mentally handicapped). I have a tree in my yard that is retarded. I even went out of my way to explain this. Are you retarded? Maybe, it seems like it from your posts

I've worked with mentally handicapped people and have nothing but respect for them.
    07-24-2007 03:07 PM
    I'm reluctant to post in this thread but with all the name calling, how is this still even open? Seems like there is one constructive post for every five going the other way.
    07-24-2007 03:15 PM
    Mentally handicapped and retarded aren't the same thing. I've understood that since I was 6 when I learned the kid down the street was handicapped, not retarded. Retarded means stunted growth. I never said mentally retarded (which is an accurate tem BTW for some people who may be mentally handicapped). I have a tree in my yard that is retarded. I even went out of my way to explain this. Are you retarded? Maybe, it seems like it from your posts

I've worked with mentally handicapped people and have nothing but respect for them.
    This will be my last post on this topic here, so I will give you the last word. I can tell you that my wife is a speech therapist at a school. She teaches alot of kids that you would label retarted. They are all considered by NY State to be mentally handicapped. Maybe your state is different. You even asked me in I was retarded in my last post, So are you asking me if my growth has been stunted? I'm done now.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really miss Surur's mega copy and paste posts from the Apple forums. I can't believe nobody even posted about the just announced low sales numbers for the first weekend.
    07-24-2007 03:19 PM
    You don't speak for my family, and others.

Before you shoot your mouth about something, you should know that not everyone with mentally handicapped family has such thin skin - some can even laugh at it.
    07-24-2007 03:27 PM
    I don't call mentally handicapped people retarded because I don't want to hurt their feelings, but if something or someone has stunted growth then retarded is an accurate description. There is nothing wrong with the word, just your interpretation of it.
    07-24-2007 03:27 PM
    I'm reluctant to post in this thread but with all the name calling, how is this still even open? Seems like there is one constructive post for every five going the other way.
    Where's the name calling? Spirited opinion? Yes. Calling poeple on the truth? Yes.

Humor (some argue in bad taste)? Yes.

But no one is saying "You're a ___________________"
    07-24-2007 03:42 PM
    Well I will post about it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...VtQ&refer=home

146K activations...sold maybe 200K in first weekend.

A wee shy of 500K-1M, eh?

I told ya those numbers were suspect.
    07-24-2007 03:47 PM
    Well I will post about it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...VtQ&refer=home

146K activations...sold maybe 200K in first weekend.

A wee shy of 500K-1M, eh?

I told ya those numbers were suspect.
    Dang, I wanted to post about those retarded numbers.

Surur said something about Apple releasing numbers on Wed? So we might get a better idea of what they actually were.

Not sure what to make of it: that's still a lot of phones in 2 days. OTOH, if you go by all the analyst predictions and the expectations, it seems far below the half million projected.

It will be interesting to see a graph based on the number of sales over a few days, in other words to see if that was the peak (those 2 days) or maybe it held consistent. Or rather, maybe they've hit 500 thousand one week later...
    07-24-2007 03:51 PM
    Dang, I wanted to post about those retarded numbers.

Surur said something about Apple releasing numbers on Wed? So we might get a better idea of what they actually were.

Not sure what to make of it: that's still a lot of phones in 2 days. OTOH, if you go by all the analyst predictions and the expectations, it seems far below the half million projected.

It will be interesting to see a graph based on the number of sales over a few days, in other words to see if that was the peak (those 2 days) or maybe it held consistent. Or rather, maybe they've hit 500 thousand one week later...
    Still, that is way below the hype.

No doubt it's a lot of phones...and I am sure online orders were big too.

I think we need to see July's numbers to get a better feel.

Still, it's a black eye (relative to the hype), and the Street is responding.
    07-24-2007 03:56 PM
    I know they were under expectation, but that is a lot of cell phones to sell (actually be activated) in about 48 hours. I wonder if any other phone has sold that much in its first two days. We will know a lot more tomorrow after Apple posts their earnings. I would be surprised if the hadn't sold over 350,000 yet.

I bought my iPhone on-line on June 30th. Didn't get it for a few days after, so mine didn't count in that number.
    07-24-2007 03:58 PM
    Where's the name calling? Spirited opinion? Yes. Calling poeple on the truth? Yes.

On this page alone, see posts 1528 and 1534. While no profanity is being used, it just seems like a lot of this is getting personal and straying OT. Of course I don't have to read any of it and suppose I won't after this. Carry on
    07-24-2007 03:59 PM
    On this page alone, see posts 1528 and 1534. While no profanity is being used, it just seems like a lot of this is getting personal and straying OT. Of course I don't have to read any of it and suppose I won't after this. Carry on
    I think you are missing the context; braj made a joke (whether or not people want to take it that way), and 1534 was downstream follow-on from that.

1528 was just observational to the behaviors.
    07-24-2007 04:09 PM
    I can't believe nobody even posted about the just announced low sales numbers for the first weekend.
    I would not want to gloat and look stupid in 2 days time when Apple releases the full week numbers. We shall see. If full weekend numbers are less than 300 000, or the full week numbers are less than 500 000 I will call it a failure, not because the numbers are not actually great (because they are) but because of the difference between the numbers and the much hyped expectations.

Surur
    07-24-2007 04:28 PM
    I would not want to gloat and look stupid in 2 days time when Apple releases the full week numbers. We shall see. If full weekend numbers are less than 300 000, or the full week numbers are less than 500 000 I will call it a failure, not because the numbers are not actually great (because they are) but because of the difference between the numbers and the much hyped expectations.

Surur
    I see what your saying, but if Apple sells 400,000 units in a weeks time, you consider it a failure? I don't believe apple ever mentioned how many units they would sell in the first week.

I do agree though that people should be careful here about over reacting to 2 days of activations.
    07-24-2007 04:33 PM

i guess it's all up to interpretation and context

I'm convinced at least some iPhone users are retards Just because you are happy with it doesn't make you one though.
    i suppose MarkY is pointing to basically the same......i'd say give it a rest to those who continue to use this connotation.
    07-24-2007 04:40 PM
    I see what your saying, but if Apple sells 400,000 units in a weeks time, you consider it a failure?
    400 000 is much less than the expected 1 000 000

To give an interesting alternate perspective, the Samsung Blackjack sold 500 000 in 3 months, and was considered a roaring success because of this.

Surur
    07-24-2007 04:51 PM
    i guess it's all up to interpretation and context

i suppose MarkY is pointing to basically the same......i'd say give it a rest to those who continue to use this connotation.
    You are actually the one who brought up the 'r' work
    07-24-2007 04:51 PM
3,194 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD