Wow! Iphones need hard resets? must be all those songs people are loading. Malicious songs corrupting the firmware obviously. Those awful song writers!!!

Surur
    Surur,

If we go through the windows mobil forums collect the worst of the worst threads about how lame and unstable Windows Mobil is and post them would that be proof that WM is a failure?

Come on man some people will have problems and some devices will be DOA or fail some time in the next month but most devices suffer the same problems.

Your logic here is fallacious.

Inductive Fallacy

Premise 1: Having just arrived in Ohio, I saw a white squirrel.

Conclusion: All Ohio Squirrels are white.

Premise 1: I heard iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Conclusion: All iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Keep flying those flags of discontent!!!!
    07-01-2007 04:44 PM
    Surur,

If we go through the windows mobil forums collect the worst of the worst threads about how lame and unstable Windows Mobil is and post them would that be proof that WM is a failure?

Come on man some people will have problems and some devices will be DOA or fail some time in the next month but most devices suffer the same problems.

Your logic here is fallacious.

Inductive Fallacy

Premise 1: Having just arrived in Ohio, I saw a white squirrel.

Conclusion: All Ohio Squirrels are white.

Premise 1: I heard iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Conclusion: All iPHONES are crashing and are unstable.

Keep flying those flags of discontent!!!!
    You missed the original premise. People were wondering if the iPhone will ever crash at all.

Good input... the thing is... iPhone is rock solid and with 4-8GB!!.. I wonder if anyone will ever experience a system crash... I really doubt it..
    It only takes one report to falsify that, doesn't it. Why should I cut the JesusPhone some slack?

Surur
    07-01-2007 04:49 PM
    Yes keep flying the flag. I'm enjoying this.
    07-01-2007 04:50 PM
    You missed the original premise. People (was it you?) were wondering if the iPhone will ever crash at all. It only takes one report to falsify that, doesn't it. Why should I cut the JesusPhone some slack?

Surur
    Not sure who would say it will never crash because that is insane.

Of course it will crash some time or require a soft reset. It is a computer come on!

May not be the JesusPHONE Surur but you treat it as if it was the Anti-ChristPHONE.

Surur just wondering have you held and tried an iPHONE yet?
    07-01-2007 05:00 PM
    Not sure who would say it will never crash because that is insane.

Of course it will crash some time or require a soft reset. It is a computer come on!

May not be the JesusPHONE Surur but you treat it as if it was the Anti-ChristPHONE.

Surur just wondering have you held and tried an iPHONE yet?
    I never denied the iPhone is cool. I never denied it will sell well. What I object to is the widespread characterization that its better than other smartphones because its:

a) full OSX
    b) therefore incredibly stable
    c) and also more capable, despite the obvious areas where it lacks
    d) kill all the other smartphones, from the Q to the Treo 755 to the Blackberry Pearl.

Call it the next Razr, and I would not care at all. Why insist on calling it the best smartphone in the world, 5 years ahead of everyone else, and look down on all the existing solutions when its so lacking? Are people so easily impressed by whiz-bang graphics?

Stop talking it up, and I will stop talking it down.

Surur
    07-01-2007 05:17 PM
    I never denied the iPhone is cool. I never denied it will sell well. What I object to is the widespread characterization that its better than other smartphones because its:

a) full OSX
    b) therefore incredibly stable
    c) and also more capable, despite the obvious areas where it lacks
    d) kill all the other smartphones, from the Q to the Treo 755 to the Blackberry Pearl.

Call it the next Razr, and I would not care at all. Why insist on calling it the best smartphone in the world, 5 years ahead of everyone else, and look down on all the existing solutions when its so lacking? Are people so easily impressed by whiz-bang graphics?

Stop talking it up, and I will stop talking it down.

Surur
    It is far beyond a Razor as you well know!

Again Surur have you personally held one and used an iPHONE?
    07-01-2007 05:32 PM
    Surur is (again) correct. Cool != best. The RAZR analogy is spot on - slick and stylish, but not the BAEA.

And I do think Archie claim the iPhone would never or rarely crash due to OSX and their testing of the phone.

Ooops.
    07-01-2007 05:32 PM
    It is far beyond a Razor as you well know!
    How exactly is it in any way beyond the Razr? Its completely equivalent. The Razr may actually be a more capable device. We should stack them up side by side and see.

Surur
    07-01-2007 05:35 PM
    Yes keep flying the flag. I'm enjoying this.
    Lol, me too. :thumbsup:

I just discovered this thread and I have to say, some fun reading. I guess "copy /paste" was more important than people thought? The browser crashing is pretty interesting, even I didn't think there would be that many reports of instability.

To the "opposer's" of this thread, I think it is safe to say we all know that this doesn't "prove" the iphone is failure or "all iphones" are defective, which is not the point of this thread.

We're adults and don't need logic lessons, which in it's presentation was ironic.
    07-01-2007 05:44 PM
    llarsen,
    I have seen an iPhone and all my statements hold true. In fact, I'm surprised at how the experience mirrored my expectations (those wonderful demos, no doubt.)

It's purdy and snappy. It also is dog slow on EDGE.

And Safari crashes/hangs on way too many web sites.

Keyboard is nothing like a physical keyboard, and I doubt I could ever be as fast as I am on the Treo or BB.

But the screen is purdy!
    07-01-2007 05:46 PM
    It was more than Archie. Tons of people praised god shouting "finally" there will be a stable smartphone and "nail in palm's coffin" "wake up palm" "blow palm out of water" "prepare to be amazed" I could go on and on but its making me a little sick...

Now that it turns out the phone does little more than (difficult as it may be) dial a contact, people say "so, who needs it I mostly just call people anyway...." the whole thing is silly really
    07-01-2007 05:50 PM
    How exactly is it in any way beyond the Razr? Its completely equivalent. The Razr may actually be a more capable device. We should stack them up side by side and see.

Surur
    You have JUMPED THE SHARK here Surur.

And I am guessing by the fact ou have not responded to my question twice about having held and used an iPHONE that you have not.

Mikec blindly agrees with most of your statements so I take his comments for what they are.

List the RAZOR attributes against the iPHONE Surur. I double dog dare you! No, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!
    07-01-2007 05:52 PM

And I am guessing by the fact ou have not responded to my question twice about having held and used an iPHONE that you have not.

Mikec blindly agrees with most of your statements so I take his comments for what they are.

List the RAZOR attributes against the iPHONE Surur. I double dog dare you! No, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!
    LMAO!

Looks like someone doesn't like their feature phone being called a razor...
    07-01-2007 05:55 PM
    He's in the U.K. It should be self-evident that he has not "held" one.

What does that have to do with him re-positing other people's experiences? How would that make a difference? Does it add all of those missing functionalities? Does it make other people's iPhones stop crashing? How would it change the nature of this thread?
    07-01-2007 05:58 PM

Hey look, the Razr won!! And its at least a year old already!!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone1=1120

Surur
    07-01-2007 06:04 PM
    It was more than Archie. Tons of people praised god shouting "finally" there will be a stable smartphone and "nail in palm's coffin" "wake up palm" "blow palm out of water" "prepare to be amazed" I could go on and on but its making me a little sick...

Now that it turns out the phone does little more than (difficult as it may be) dial a contact, people say "so, who needs it I mostly just call people anyway...." the whole thing is silly really

So SXTG you are saying it doesn't get email, doesn't allow people to do more then WAP browse, doesn't have a robust calendar, doesn't have a camera, doesn't have well the list goes on and on.

Just because you have read a few threads that have people complaining about some issues they are having you have decided to label the iPHONE a failure and a hoax.

Does it have everything other phones do, NO.

Is it a true SMARTPHONE, NO.

Is it a good phone, email, web browser, YES.

Does it have the BEST GUI interface, YES.

Will it drive a revolution in GUI interface by other phone developers, YES.

Will it give the 100,000,000 million iPOD owners a means to stop carrying two devices (a huge amount of consumers), YES.

Your post is the usually iHATER post nuff said.

I will ask you the same thing I asked Surur, Mike c says he SAW an iPHONE not the same thing as having held and used one, have you tried an iPHONE?

I can say I believe it will be more stable then Palm phones, I have owned Palm Phones since the Qualcomm pdQ 1900 all the way through the disaster they call the Treo 700P.

Will it be more stable then WM phones I have no clue never having used a WM phone.
    07-01-2007 06:05 PM
    Great Thread
    07-01-2007 06:06 PM
    llarsen,

I hardly agree blindly with surur. I actually think we disagree on a few things (such as slideout keyboard vs candybar keyboard).

While the Razr comparison is a bit harsh, it's not far off.

It you compare ONLY the phone functions, the razr beats the iPhone. When you mix in PMP, wifi, web, etc., then it get's apple and oranges.

(and by the way, I don't like the razr...too wide for my taste (in a flip phone).

If you want to address me directly, feel free to...but don't lump me in with anyone to try and up your iPologist street cred.
    07-01-2007 06:07 PM
    OMG, after seeing that chart, I'm sellin' my iPhone and getting a RAZR!!!111 tEh so much more caPabalE RAZR!!!111

BTW, got comparison charts = RAZR vs Treo/Q/6700/etc?
    07-01-2007 06:11 PM
    and llarsen, Yes, I HELD and USED and iPhone. You can turn off the tardanic all caps.

We actually agree on many points, but you can't hear it through the noise.

As far as being more stable than Palm OS, that is like saying Larry Flint could beat Terry Schiavo in a wheelchair race. It's not that hard to do! Palm OS have not been updated in over 10 years. It sux.

WM5 and 6 are super-duper stable by comparison.
    07-01-2007 06:15 PM

Hey look, the Razr won!! And its at least a year old already!!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone1=1120

Surur
    Push Polling can get anyone to say anything.

Lets look at the FACTS on that page Surur...

Motorola RAZR V3x.

General Network UMTS / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
    Announced 2005, 1Q
    Status Available
    Size Dimensions 99 x 55 x 20 mm
    Weight 125 g
    Display Type TFT, 256K colors
    Size 240 x 320 pixels, 33 x 45 mm
    - Second external 65K colors display, STN (96 x 80 pixels)
    - Downloadable wallpapers, screensavers
    Ringtones Type Polyphonic (24 channels), MP3
    Customization Composer, download
    Vibration Yes
    Memory Phonebook 1000 x 20 fields, Photo call
    Call records 10 dialed, 10 received, 10 missed calls
    Card slot microSD (TransFlash), up to 512 MB, buy memory
    - 64 MB internal memory
    Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
    HSCSD No
    EDGE No
    3G Yes, 384 kbps
    WLAN No
    Bluetooth Yes, v1.2 with A2DP
    Infrared port No
    USB Yes
    Features Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
    Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML
    Games Yes + downloadable, order now
    Colors
    Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video, flash; secondary video call VGA camera
    - Java MIDP 2.0
    - MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
    - T9
    - Calendar
    - SyncML
    - Voice dial
    - Built-in handsfree
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion (BC60) 840 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 250 h
    Talk time Up to 5 h

iPHONE

General Network GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
    Announced 2007, January
    Status Available
    Size Dimensions 115 x 61 x 11.6 mm
    Weight 135 g
    Display Type Touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches
    - Multi-touch input method
    - Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
    - Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
    Ringtones Type Polyphonic, MP3
    Vibration Yes
    - 3.5 mm headset jack
    Memory Phonebook Advanced, Photocall
    Call records Yes
    Card slot No
    - 4/8 GB shared memory
    Data GPRS Yes
    HSCSD No
    EDGE Yes
    3G No
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
    Bluetooth Yes, v2.0, headset support only
    Infrared port No
    USB Yes, v2.0
    Features OS Mac OS X v10.4.8
    Messaging SMS, Email
    Browser HTML (Safari)
    Games No
    Colors Black
    Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
    - Google Maps
    - Widgets support
    - iPod audio/video player
    - PIM including calendar, to-do list
    - Photo browser/editor
    - Voice memo
    - Integrated handsfree
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion
    Stand-by Up to 250 h
    Talk time Up to 8 h

Even you have to agree the comparison of the 2 beyond your personal opinion that it is a phone for less sophisticated user like yourself is untrue.
    07-01-2007 06:16 PM
    OMG, after seeing that chart, I'm sellin' my iPhone and getting a RAZR!!!111 tEh so much more caPabalE RAZR!!!111

BTW, got comparison charts = RAZR vs Treo/Q/6700/etc?
    lol, at least on the Sprint and Java RAZRs you can install 3rd party apps and even use aGPS for mGMaps. :o
    07-01-2007 06:16 PM
    So SXTG you are saying it doesn't get email, doesn't allow people to do more then WAP browse, doesn't have a robust calendar, doesn't have a camera, doesn't have well the list goes on and on.
    Of course not! That would be silly.

I am saying you can't do anything with the email you get, apparently wap browse would be better (ie. cause less crashing), you have to scroll your pics really really fast and blink a lot to create the illusion of video, well the list goes on and on.

I will take your word for it that the calendar is in fact superior to the Razor.
    07-01-2007 06:17 PM
    Great Thread
    I agree. But I wish the bickering would stop so we could go back to the great quotes.
    07-01-2007 06:21 PM
    Of course not! That would be silly.

I am saying you can't do anything with the email you get, apparently wap browse would be better (ie. cause less crashing), you have to scroll your pics really really fast and blink a lot to create the illusion of video, well the list goes on and on.

I will take your word for it that the calendar is in fact superior to the Razor.
    Less crashing this is based on your statistical analysis of 48 hours of reports. I see where you are coming from on this.:shake:

Not sure what video you are talking about the video you can store on the 4-8 gig hard drive or is this a reference to EDGE. If so be a little clearer in your posts.
    07-01-2007 06:23 PM
3,194 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD