Surely the reason for this thread was to point out what "sucks" about the iPhone?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    No to slam people who buy them.

Lets talk about the iPHONE and its faults thats what I come here for.

But many others like Mikec and CountChocula like to slam the people who own them and seem to have little to say on the phone itself.
    07-16-2007 02:53 PM
    No to slam people who buy them.

Lets talk about the iPHONE and its faults thats what I come here for.

But many others like Mikec and CountChocula like to slam the people who own them and seem to have little to say on the phone itself.
    I think they slam apologists who act like the iPhone is the be-all, end-all of mobile devices. mikec and even surus have made compliments about the iPhone, it is it's limitations that they criticize. You are taking way more offense than I believe was intended by that 'toy' comment BTW.
    07-16-2007 03:08 PM
    Here's an 'iPhone' for surur:

07-16-2007 03:13 PM
    hmmm China beat apple to the punch and built a better iphone .....well tPhone
    07-16-2007 03:30 PM
    hmmm China beat apple to the punch and built a better iphone .....well tPhone
    I'm not quite sure you could call it 'better'.
    07-16-2007 03:46 PM
    I find it ironic that one of the appealing things about the iPhone is that it does what it does well out of the box. No tweaking, hacking, or configuring is really needed like PalmOS and WM devices.
    What's ironic is that the hacker community is working hard on kludging and hacking functionality in to the iPhone to make it do what PDAs do. Like a file system, custom ring tones, you name it.
    In the end, if you want all of that stuff, you'll most likely end up hacking the iPhone way more than ever would a WM or PalmOS PDA.
    07-16-2007 04:00 PM
    hmm the tPhone uses WM and has more features so it seems in the video but hey......apple may be watching the video and learning something.The tPhone will give apple a run for the money when it hits the states lol lol..
    Load up the t-mobile sim and enjoy
    07-16-2007 04:12 PM
    hmm the tPhone uses WM and has more features so it seems in the video but hey......apple may be watching the video and learning something.The tPhone will give apple a run for the money when it hits the states lol lol..
    Load up the t-mobile sim and enjoy
    Will it really hit the 'states? I thought it would be for the Asian market which also has things like counterfeit Jeep Cherokees etc. Apple surely would file a lawsuit.
    07-16-2007 04:21 PM
    It will be sold with online vending .They will be floating all over the States.T-mobile does not ask what you put that sim card in so apple will have no case.
    07-16-2007 04:25 PM
    I find it ironic that one of the appealing things about the iPhone is that it does what it does well out of the box. No tweaking, hacking, or configuring is really needed like PalmOS and WM devices.
    What's ironic is that the hacker community is working hard on kludging and hacking functionality in to the iPhone to make it do what PDAs do. Like a file system, custom ring tones, you name it.
    In the end, if you want all of that stuff, you'll most likely end up hacking the iPhone way more than ever would a WM or PalmOS PDA.
    If hackers could stick WM5 or 6 in that puppy building into the user interface hmmm I would pick one up...Im not to crazy about the battery deal .Maybe thats why apple locked that battery up so if you did swap out with hack OS they nail you.
    07-16-2007 04:34 PM
    If hackers could stick WM5 or 6 in that puppy building into the user interface hmmm I would pick one up...Im not to crazy about the battery deal .Maybe thats why apple locked that battery up so if you did swap out with hack OS they nail you.
    Would be funny to see WM 6 on the iPHONE.

And you thought Apple was crazy for locking the phone. All part of the plan, Lock phone tempt hackers, Hackers make new programs, Apple saves money in R&D, people get what they want from hackers, Apple makes $$$$.
    07-16-2007 04:53 PM

And you thought Apple was crazy for locking the phone. All part of the plan, Lock phone tempt hackers, Hackers make new programs, Apple saves money in R&D, people get what they want from hackers, Apple makes $$$$.
    07-16-2007 04:56 PM

I dunno, I think they would make more money if they allowed people into the device. I'd have pre-ordered it the day it was announced if it really could run 'desktop-class applications' like they had advertised. I'd love to see what kind of apps the Mac developer community could come up with. It could have been a tremendous device but instead it is cool but really limited in its coolness. Very fun toy indeed, but I'd need to carry a PDA with me still for calendaring, which significantly diminishes its coolness for me.
    07-16-2007 04:58 PM
    http://www.funponsel.com/blog/archiv...-iphone-clone/
    HEHE 200 bucs some were online and Im going to find one and buy one lol lol

Update,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CECT-GSM-tri...QQcmdZViewItem

It has copy/paste lol lol that says alot
    Slap some treo alert pro in that bad boy lol lol
    07-16-2007 05:02 PM
    That device does not run WM. It runs some kind of Chinese OS very prevalent in the knock-of phones there.

Surur
    07-16-2007 05:11 PM
    Im just going to pick it up for the fun of it...Use it for a couple months then sell it to some one for 150 bucs
    07-16-2007 05:15 PM
    http://www.funponsel.com/blog/archiv...-iphone-clone/
    HEHE 200 bucs some were online and Im going to find one and buy one lol lol

Update,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CECT-GSM-tri...QQcmdZViewItem

It has copy/paste lol lol that says alot
    It would go great with a fake Rolex
    07-16-2007 05:17 PM
    lol lol lol but hey read the specs on the tphone.it offers more then the iphone.What phone is really the fake???
    07-16-2007 05:20 PM
    lol lol lol but hey read the specs on the tphone.it offers more then the iphone.What phone is really the fake???
    I dunno, it remains to be seen if that thing will really power on in person. I wonder how robust the OS is, etc. etc. etc. It's a big ? If it were $100 I might be buying one just to check out but for $200 it better be really usable.
    07-16-2007 05:26 PM
    hehe When receaved I will start a thread called

10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the tPhone. (Yes I have one from china)

We then can have iphone users come in there and put down the tphone.....everything moves in cycles.
    07-16-2007 05:30 PM
    hehe When receaved I will start a thread called

10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the tPhone. (Yes I have one from china)

We then can have iphone users come in there and put down the tphone.....everything moves in cycles.
    hehe that will be fun.
    07-16-2007 05:32 PM
    tphone vers iphone down and dirty thread

Chong ching said it would do this and that but he lied like Steve Jobs did lol
    07-16-2007 05:36 PM
    My battery only has to last until the 3G is available.
    07-16-2007 05:44 PM
    The word toy has been used to describe the iPHONE and those who use it in a demeaning way.

Many here have equated the purchase of the iPHONE to the purchase of a "Tickel Me Elmo" and those who bought the iPHONE as children who took it in the A** and are simple morons for making such an absurd purchase.

From your post you seem to have the means to buy several rather expensive smartphones as well as the iPHONE.

By many on this forum your purchase of the iPHONE marks you as a less then intelligent consumer and person.

The opinions of those who say this doesn't really offend me but to see it time after time and gets in the way of the reason for this thread and is tiresome.
    I don't think the posts are about the users of the device, just the limitations and AHM (Apple Hype Machine).
    07-16-2007 06:07 PM
    If I had tried.

I really hope some of the more mature people here can get Mikec to stay on topic and stop these personal attacks.

I guess Mikec has nothing to add to the conversation. Mikec maybe you can learn a little something form the words of Mark Twain- "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
    I dunno llarsen...I think some people got chuckle.

Personal? Pot calling kettle black, me thinks. Also, I am not saying things about you personally, as you are "online persona" - I am only commenting on possible behaviors based on posted comments.

Mark Twain also said:

"It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion that makes horse races."
    07-16-2007 06:17 PM
3,194 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD